• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Encouraging news on Kopech

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kopech can still throw 100 post-surgery

Of course just hitting 100 mph for that number's sake alone does not a great pitcher make. There are many who reach that vaunted speed, yet are not major league quality. It's what you do with this 100 mph pitch that matters. But it's nevertheless encouraging to know that arm strength is not an issue with Kopech's rehab and attempt to get back into the game by 2020.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The timing of his injury sucked. He had just made a few tweaks at the AAA level a couple months before his call-up that had him looking primed to begin a really great career.

The good news is that guys tend to come back great from TJ these days.

I gots da faith

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The timing of his injury sucked. He had just made a few tweaks at the AAA level a couple months before his call-up that had him looking primed to begin a really great career.

The good news is that guys tend to come back great from TJ these days.

I gots da faith
Giolito
<Offseason Signing>
Kopech
Cease
(maybe) Lopez
XXX (Nova?)

We're forming the makings of a pretty good rotation. I guess like most of the regs in here, I'm counting on at least one FA starter being signed. I know id, it sucks that the Sox are not likely going after Cole - there's certainly no financial reason for them not to - but on the assumption they're not, there are still some decent options, especially if the Sox plan to spend some coin on position players and/or DH.

I have Lopez listed as a maybe, altho it's pretty certain he'll at least go into the 2020 season as one of the starters. What's so maddenly frustrating with him is he can be dominating one day, then another look like some AA prospect still learning to be a pro on another. Kinda reminds me of a stronger armed Quintana, but even more inconsistent. Still wondering if he's ultimately better suited for the BP.

If we don't sign a 2nd FA starter, hopefully it's because we re-signed Nova and want to give him another year. Yes, he too has been quite inconsistent, but he was much better post all star break, plus he is a workhorse and an innings eater.