• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Elite QB to Join the Dynasty?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't get many chances to get a potential franchise QB. This draft is one of them. You can fill other positions in FA and more easily later in the draft
No, they really need to trade the #6 to the Patriots.......

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per spotract if they cut him it is a dead cap hit of over $10.3M.

You do understand that the $10.33M dead money is essentially what would remain from the current cap hit, (in this case all of it), plus the future cap hit, all rolled into one? It's not in addition to the current cap hit. In this case it would be an additional $3.67M hit which is scheduled to be accounted for in 2022 anyway. Foles won't be cut so it doesn't matter, but that's all the dead money is.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do understand that the $10.33M dead money is essentially what would remain from the current cap hit, (in this case all of it), plus the future cap hit, all rolled into one? It's not in addition to the current cap hit. In this case it would be an additional $3.67M hit which is scheduled to be accounted for in 2022 anyway. Foles won't be cut so it doesn't matter, but that's all the dead money is.

I didn't say it would be in addition to the current cap hit. I'm saying the cap hit is lower for the Bears this season with him on the roster but if they cut him then that dead cap hit goes up u+to over $10.3M.

They are not cutting him, there is no point because there is no cap savings in doing so.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say it would be in addition to the current cap hit. I'm saying the cap hit is lower for the Bears this season with him on the roster but if they cut him then that dead cap hit goes up u+to over $10.3M.

They are not cutting him, there is no point because there is no cap savings in doing so.
I'm not saying they will cut him, but if they do it will be post 6/1. This year his hit will be $6.7M or the same as if he stays and next year when the cap goes up it will be $3.7. Now if they trade him $4M in salary this year and $1M next year moves to the new team so there is savings and the new team would get him for pretty cheap so I suspect that could be an option.