• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Elite QB to Join the Dynasty?

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough to be 2nd best QB in the division without having playmakers.

Eagles have playmakers. Miles Sanders is a playmaker for sure. Jalen Hurts is himself a playmaker. Dallas Goedert is a playmaker he just needs to stay healthy. Jalen Reagor as well showed flashes as a rookie but like Goedert he needs to stay healthy. Fulgham certainly showed the ability to make plays. Quez Watkins hardly saw the field due to early injuries but flashed late in the season with play making ability with his speed.

And of course the Eagles pick at #6 and if they choose to go with an offensive skill player could end up with any of the 4 of Chase, Smith, Pitts or Waddle.

Young players that need to make a lot of growth but playmaking ability is there.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,773.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
which is why anything at 6 not a WR or Pitts is a bad selection. Philly fucked Wentz's head and drafting QB could do the same with Hurts
Exactly. Get the kid some weapons and give him the season. If he's bad then they'll be at the top of the draft or close to it to get their QBoF

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,773.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles have playmakers. Miles Sanders is a playmaker for sure. Jalen Hurts is himself a playmaker. Dallas Goedert is a playmaker he just needs to stay healthy. Jalen Reagor as well showed flashes as a rookie but like Goedert he needs to stay healthy. Fulgham certainly showed the ability to make plays. Quez Watkins hardly saw the field due to early injuries but flashed late in the season with play making ability with his speed.

And of course the Eagles pick at #6 and if they choose to go with an offensive skill player could end up with any of the 4 of Chase, Smith, Pitts or Waddle.

Young players that need to make a lot of growth but playmaking ability is there.
Big difference between playmakers and showing flashes. Sanders yes, Goedert yes but the rest are question marks hoping they can turn into playmakers. All 4 are I like with Chase and Pitts being my top 2.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big difference between playmakers and showing flashes. Sanders yes, Goedert yes but the rest are question marks hoping they can turn into playmakers. All 4 are I like with Chase and Pitts being my top 2.

Yeah of course the rest are question marks they were all rookies (except Fulgham who was essentially a rookie as well as a 2nd year player getting his first real action).

Daniel Jones is going to have a stacked offense. Fitzpatrick is going to have some weapons with Scary Terry but still I think Hurts has the realistic potential in his second season where he will be able to take a natural step forward where it will be clear he is a better QB than Jones and a 38 year old Fitzpatrick.

Make no mistake about it though the Eagles are going to be bad and a sub .500 team in 2021 but that just speaks the overall talent of the team than Hurts. The Eagles coaching staff has also gone extremely young so I think there will be some growing pains all around as the year goes on.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,773.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah of course the rest are question marks they were all rookies (except Fulgham who was essentially a rookie as well as a 2nd year player getting his first real action).

Daniel Jones is going to have a stacked offense. Fitzpatrick is going to have some weapons with Scary Terry but still I think Hurts has the realistic potential in his second season where he will be able to take a natural step forward where it will be clear he is a better QB than Jones and a 38 year old Fitzpatrick.

Make no mistake about it though the Eagles are going to be bad and a sub .500 team in 2021 but that just speaks the overall talent of the team than Hurts. The Eagles coaching staff has also gone extremely young so I think there will be some growing pains all around as the year goes on.
That's the problem, with the lack of talent I could see the FO giving up on Hurts even with some flashes of great plays cause the team ended up way below .500.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if the Eagles give him a shot and Sirianni is a competent play caller that he will then establish himself as the 2nd best QB in the division.
I'd say that's a fair assessment. I don't think he is ever going to be a long term starting QB, but that doesn't mean I'm correct of course. Personally if I'm an Eagles fan I'm hoping for QB at 6 or even a trade up. I think you can move from #6 to #3 and then take whomever you like best outside of the top 2 guys. It's probably going to be a tough year either way, so just bite the bullet give up your 2nd rounder and get a potential franchise QB.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say that's a fair assessment. I don't think he is ever going to be a long term starting QB, but that doesn't mean I'm correct of course. Personally if I'm an Eagles fan I'm hoping for QB at 6 or even a trade up. I think you can move from #6 to #3 and then take whomever you like best outside of the top 2 guys. It's probably going to be a tough year either way, so just bite the bullet give up your 2nd rounder and get a potential franchise QB.

I'd rather improve the the rest of the team with another position at 6 or trade back a few spots to pick up another pick or two and then draft another position and just see how Hurts looks in year two. Either he takes a step forward and shows he can be the guy or he doesn't and the Eagles will then be in position next year to draft likely in the top 15 next year with likely an additional 1st form the Wentz deal to use as a trade up asset if necessary for a QB as well as maybe another pick they accumulated by trading down in this draft with a QB desperate team behind them.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather improve the the rest of the team with another position at 6 or trade back a few spots to pick up another pick or two and then draft another position and just see how Hurts looks in year two. Either he takes a step forward and shows he can be the guy or he doesn't and the Eagles will then be in position next year to draft likely in the top 15 next year with likely an additional 1st form the Wentz deal to use as a trade up asset if necessary for a QB as well as maybe another pick they accumulated by trading down in this draft with a QB desperate team behind them.
You don't get many chances to get a potential franchise QB. This draft is one of them. You can fill other positions in FA and more easily later in the draft

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't get many chances to get a potential franchise QB. This draft is one of them. You can fill other positions in FA and more easily later in the draft

What's the stat, app of the QBs drafted in the first round or top 10 from 2012 thru 2017 on no longer on their teams?

If there is a QB at 6 that they are confident can franchise guy then okay take him. Don't just take a QB for the sake of taking a QB though. I'd prefer to see Hurts in year two because I have high confidence in his work ethic and ability to develop into a quality QB.

They aren't going to be passing on Trevor Lawrence at 6.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the stat, app of the QBs drafted in the first round or top 10 from 2012 thru 2017 on no longer on their teams?

If there is a QB at 6 that they are confident can franchise guy then okay take him. Don't just take a QB for the sake of taking a QB though. I'd prefer to see Hurts in year two because I have high confidence in his work ethic and ability to develop into a quality QB.

They aren't going to be passing on Trevor Lawrence at 6.
Fact is if you are more likely to find your answer outside of the top 10 you should just trade your pick. I'm not talking about having a guy to stick on your roster I'm talking about trying to find a star QB.

And I'm not saying take a QB at 6 just to take one. I'm saying if your team has one they love they should move up and get him. Actually with Howie's drafting you should probably peak over at another teams draft board and see who they like...

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fact is if you are more likely to find your answer outside of the top 10 you should just trade your pick. I'm not talking about having a guy to stick on your roster I'm talking about trying to find a star QB.

And I'm not saying take a QB at 6 just to take one. I'm saying if your team has one they love they should move up and get him. Actually with Howie's drafting you should probably peak over at another teams draft board and see who they like...

That's basically what I said. If there is a QB at 6 they love then sure go ahead. But me I don't see that QB being there since the only QBs I really like in this draft are Lawrence and Kyle Wilson. Neither will be there at 6. Make your team better with another positition and let Hurts show what he can do in year two. I believe Hurts can be good and the Eagles won't have to worry about QB going forward. They have a bunch of QB hungry teams behind them. I'd be all for them trading back to 7th, 8th or 9th pick, pick up another lick or two this draft or in a future draft and they will still be in position to take one the top offensive skill players or defensive players in the draft.

If he isn't then they will be in position to draft a QB next year especially with the likely second 1st round draft pick to help facilitate a trade up if necessary.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's basically what I said. If there is a QB at 6 they love then sure go ahead. But me I don't see that QB being there since the only QBs I really like in this draft are Lawrence and Kyle Wilson. Neither will be there at 6. Make your team better with another positition and let Hurts show what he can do in year two. I believe Hurts can be good and the Eagles won't have to worry about QB going forward. They have a bunch of QB hungry teams behind them. I'd be all for them trading back to 7th, 8th or 9th pick, pick up another lick or two this draft or in a future draft and they will still be in position to take one the top offensive skill players or defensive players in the draft.

If he isn't then they will be in position to draft a QB next year especially with the likely second 1st round draft pick to help facilitate a trade up if necessary.

Still not really saying the same thing. I'm saying you need a franchise QB badly and if there is one you think is that, you should TRADE UP to get him. Don't sit there and just passively see if he falls like he isn't much more help to your team than a stud WR would be. Go get him.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still not really saying the same thing. I'm saying you need a franchise QB badly and if there is one you think is that, you should TRADE UP to get him. Don't sit there and just passively see if he falls like he isn't much more help to your team than a stud WR would be. Go get him.

There is no QB in this draft that I'd want the Eagles to trade up for. Jaguars aren't trading that first pick. And they don't need a franchise QB badly. We have a young 2nd year QB drafted in the second round that showed promise. This is an old team that needs to rebuild. See what you have in Hurts in his second year.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the eagles are suddenly the experts on dead money cap hits.
The point was that Foles already has a cap hit of $6.67M in 2021 anyway. There's only a future $2.67M pro-rata signing bonus cap hit, (which will otherwise count in 2022), and a $1M future guarantee to account for. I don't think the Bears are cap critical so if Foles wasn't worth a roster spot those hits wouldn't prevent him from being cut. Foles' 2021 base salary is guaranteed, (no money would be saved), and he is worth a back-up spot, so the point is moot.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t hate the signing

but that’s in the conversation for worst roster in the NFL

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point was that Foles already has a cap hit of $6.67M in 2021 anyway. There's only a future $2.67M pro-rata signing bonus cap hit, (which will otherwise count in 2022), and a $1M future guarantee to account for. I don't think the Bears are cap critical so if Foles wasn't worth a roster spot those hits wouldn't prevent him from being cut. Foles' 2021 base salary is guaranteed, (no money would be saved), and he is worth a back-up spot, so the point is moot.

Per spotract if they cut him it is a dead cap hit of over $10.3M.