• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Elijah Mcguire

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I grabbed him. We’ll see if he pays off.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mostert got hurt Thursday night and is out for the year.

Cutting him to add McGuire(via commish over ride) is not okay. My first text wasn't "SF already played", assuming he didn't realize or forgot. He just didn't care.

Yeah, but you're right to be mad because the commish used an override to do it. You mentioned that you thought it was a standard rule everywhere, I'm just pointing out that there's some settings out there where anyone can cut people that have already played, not just a commish using his powers to change settings. If its already set up where anyone can do it, I personally don't care if a person cuts a player who is on their bench that has played.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to distract from the topic at hand - misusing commish authority to upgrade your team - my feelings about McGuire are mixed.
I own him in the D2 (dynasty) so I hope he does well with these chances.
But this is the Jets.
A team where only 6 of their 17 TD have come by the run.
And Crowell (who is still the lead back) has 5 of the 6. (Darnold has the other.)
I don't see the offense improving much, which doesn't drastically improve McGuire's value.
Which means that McGuire will need to have strong games and make the most of his touches to be relevant.
I'm sure there will be some lean weeks.
(Unless he truly is the next LaDainian.)

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Abuse their commish powers to cut a guy during the week after he already played? Then add another guy. No, I don't think so.

He re added him and put him on IR after my first two texts. Which was not better. Then finally cut McGuire, two minutes after kickoff and re-added Mostert to his bench. (Where he was Thursday during the game.). So nobody else could have him. And told me never to speak to him again.

I'm gonna sit right next to him at Thanksgiving and bring up how I hate cheaters between every bite.
I didn't realize you had a clear rule on the subject. I took it as he had just "found a loophole". Yeah, blatant disregard for the rules is frowned upon... especially by the commish.