• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Elijah Mcguire

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worth an add, fantasy pros thinks he got tossed into the lead back role, and that the jets coaching staff compared him to L. TOmlinson

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tomlinson? Why would they go and do that?

But yeah, worth an add.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elijah McGuire carried the ball seven times for 30 yards and hauled in 3-of-5 targets for 37 yards in the Jets' Week 9 loss to the Dolphins

As expected, McGuire immediately took over as the No. 2 running back behind Isaiah Crowell. He only had two carries heading into the two-minute drive in the second quarter, but he jump-started that series with a 20-yard catch on the first play. With the offense chasing the game in the fourth, McGuire added a few touches and yards, but he was never going to have a big game with the offense struggling. That could be a concern moving forward, but he looks like at worst a bench stash worth picking up even in shallow leagues.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my money league, the commish cut Mostert on Sunday morning to add McGuire. He was that hot of an add. Since, ya know, SF and Mostert played Thursday.

After an hour of back and forth via texts, that league, which started as a USFL one 35 years ago, is dead. And I'm evidently not getting any Christmas presents from my uncle, the commish.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my money league, the commish cut Mostert on Sunday morning to add McGuire. He was that hot of an add. Since, ya know, SF and Mostert played Thursday.

After an hour of back and forth via texts, that league, which started as a USFL one 35 years ago, is dead. And I'm evidently not getting any Christmas presents from my uncle, the commish.
After 35 years, nobody thought to do that before?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After 35 years, nobody thought to do that before?
Abuse their commish powers to cut a guy during the week after he already played? Then add another guy. No, I don't think so.

He re added him and put him on IR after my first two texts. Which was not better. Then finally cut McGuire, two minutes after kickoff and re-added Mostert to his bench. (Where he was Thursday during the game.). So nobody else could have him. And told me never to speak to him again.

I'm gonna sit right next to him at Thanksgiving and bring up how I hate cheaters between every bite.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd keep Duke in PPR btw. Standard... neither are gonna matter unless they get in the endzone imo.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Abuse their commish powers to cut a guy during the week after he already played? Then add another guy. No, I don't think so.

He re added him and put him on IR after my first two texts. Which was not better. Then finally cut McGuire, two minutes after kickoff and re-added Mostert to his bench. (Where he was Thursday during the game.). So nobody else could have him. And told me never to speak to him again.

I'm gonna sit right next to him at Thanksgiving and bring up how I hate cheaters between every bite.

And your aunt and I have already discussed how you need to get off your highhorse and start speaking the truth.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tomlinson? Why would they go and do that?

But yeah, worth an add.

I'm sure they meant the current retired Tomlinson or maybe Laken Tomlinson

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worth an add, fantasy pros thinks he got tossed into the lead back role, and that the jets coaching staff compared him to L. TOmlinson
The only thing that lends credibility to is that the jets coaching staff is off the reservation. Nothing wrong with McGuire, but if he had any LT to his game, he wouldn't have ridden third string behind friggin Billial Powell and an old decrepit Forte.
Worth an add? Sure why not. Basically assuming Powell's role, its up for weekly debate as to who is the Jets lead back, Crow or whomever fills the Powell role

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Think I'd take your side there. Thursday players should always be locked on the roster till next waiver period. End of discussion.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think I'd take your side there. Thursday players should always be locked on the roster till next waiver period. End of discussion.
He actually tried to tell me there was no rule against it, several times.

Its Rule #4. Players on teams who have already played will be locked for the remainder of the scoring period.

It's a pretty basic fantasy rule. I thought.

Thank you to everyone for letting me vent. This was micro level BS. (When he used his commish powers to repeatedly change my starting lineups without my knowledge.)

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He actually tried to tell me there was no rule against it, several times.

Its Rule #4. Players on teams who have already played will be locked for the remainder of the scoring period.

It's a pretty basic fantasy rule. I thought.

Thank you to everyone for letting me vent. This was micro level BS. (When he used his commish powers to repeatedly change my starting lineups without my knowledge.)

I'm not sure its that basic. One of the leagues I'm in lets you drop players that have played so long as they aren't in your line up. I think it might actually be part of the default settings, I'm not sure.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure its that basic. One of the leagues I'm in lets you drop players that have played so long as they aren't in your line up. I think it might actually be part of the default settings, I'm not sure.
That's weird.

IMG_6467.PNG

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I guess its sort of weird. But it doesn't really bother me. If they were on your bench, it doesn't really matter imo since you weren't playing that person regardless. They can't be picked up anyway until the waiver reopens, just dropped. So it's basically a player that doesn't help or hurt any team that week. Only time it gets sorta ify is if a guy gets hurt on Thursday and you drop him without having to wait but that's a rare case. I'm fine with the setting either way.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess its sort of weird. But it doesn't really bother me. If they were on your bench, it doesn't really matter imo since you weren't playing that person regardless. They can't be picked up anyway until the waiver reopens, just dropped. So it's basically a player that doesn't help or hurt any team that week. Only time it gets sorta ify is if a guy gets hurt on Thursday and you drop him without having to wait but that's a rare case. I'm fine with the setting either way.
Mostert got hurt Thursday night and is out for the year.

Cutting him to add McGuire(via commish over ride) is not okay. My first text wasn't "SF already played", assuming he didn't realize or forgot. He just didn't care.

DUB

Once A Champ, Always A Champ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@broncosmitty thanks for sharing this story. Every league has stuff going on and to hear about another league's matters let's a Commish like me feel like I'm on a mini vaca from our own drama hahhaahha
-DUB-