• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Electric Pressure cooker

SnoopHawg

CJK5H@SMU
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,039.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just bought one the other day and I already love the thing. My wife hates to cook and I love to, so Ive always done it. I've done a lot of expirimenting the last week with it and its really hard to mess food up with it. Today, I made homemade veggie beef soup. Put a chuck roast in at noon and by 1, it was so tender. Put in the veggies and tomatoes and finished it on simmer. What else do you cook if you have one?

miah

Well Hung Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got one a couple of years ago. Only used it once for some wings. Was a bad idea. The wings were so tender that when you went to pick them up the meat fell off of the bone.
Thanks for the reminder. Imma bust it out and try some deer roast in it.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Used mine on a brisket flat this weekend. Ended up tasting just like pot roast, over cooked it a little.

Bama Believer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Theres a ton of recipes on the inter-tubz under Instant Pot.. I have done Ribs, Wings, and Roast,, also makes great boiled eggs,, dont laugh... set for 6 minutes and place about 6 eggs on the rack with just a bit of water in the bottom..

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I use mine occasionally. Tip: if you use it as a crock pot, cook it a little longer, and always use at least the "normal" setting... Never low.

It doesn't work as well as a crock pot, but I don't have a ton of space, so it doubles as one for me.

Like BB said, there are quite a bit of recipes online.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got one a couple of years ago. Only used it once for some wings. Was a bad idea. The wings were so tender that when you went to pick them up the meat fell off of the bone.
Thanks for the reminder. Imma bust it out and try some deer roast in it.
I've done a handful of elk roasts in mine. The best was osso bucco style with a bone in shoulder roast.

I saved a boneless shank that I'm gonna do the same way.

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wife picked one up a month ago and thus far has been a good choice. Makes cooking a healthier dinner at home a lot easier. We had a 3 lb Turkey breast done in about 30 minutes last night, corner beef this weekend, and a recipe called cracked chicken was really good. She fixed some hard boiled eggs for herself for breakfast a few times last week and said they came out great and easy to remove the shell.

Like already mentioned, a nice plus is the abundance of instatpot recipes over the years, so it's good for variety.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wife picked one up a month ago and thus far has been a good choice. Makes cooking a healthier dinner at home a lot easier. We had a 3 lb Turkey breast done in about 30 minutes last night, corner beef this weekend, and a recipe called cracked chicken was really good. She fixed some hard boiled eggs for herself for breakfast a few times last week and said they came out great and easy to remove the shell.

Like already mentioned, a nice plus is the abundance of instatpot recipes over the years, so it's good for variety.
I've cooked a couple whole chickens. Come out good, and you've got plenty of leftover cooked chicken for different meals.

SnoopHawg

CJK5H@SMU
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,039.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've made wonder use of mine. The amount of recipes on the net make this a god send. It does wonders for people that are working.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got one for Christmas. So far made some bone in beef short ribs which were fantastic. Also made a curry that was meh. Gonna try an adobo chicken and chicken piccata recipe.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got one for Christmas. So far made some bone in beef short ribs which were fantastic. Also made a curry that was meh. Gonna try an adobo chicken and chicken piccata recipe.

i got an instantpot for christmas and haven't used my stove since.

i'm about to cook some sketti in that bech right now.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've done a handful of elk roasts in mine. The best was osso bucco style with a bone in shoulder roast.

I saved a boneless shank that I'm gonna do the same way.

Sounds amazing!!!

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are SO many recipes out there to use as a basic guide, but of course, you can experiment based 9n those techniques... Pressure cookers are among the easiest ways to make tasty dishes, just make sure you use it right :suds:

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just bought one the other day and I already love the thing. My wife hates to cook and I love to, so Ive always done it. I've done a lot of expirimenting the last week with it and its really hard to mess food up with it. Today, I made homemade veggie beef soup. Put a chuck roast in at noon and by 1, it was so tender. Put in the veggies and tomatoes and finished it on simmer. What else do you cook if you have one?

She doesn't like to cook and you married her?

She must be super hot to get away with that.

SnoopHawg

CJK5H@SMU
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,039.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She doesn't like to cook and you married her?

She must be super hot to get away with that.
Not that it matters much to you but my wife has MS, Fibromyalgia, and severe spinal stenosis. We both have strengths we brought into our marriage 17 years ago. I dont really care what super douches care about why I married her.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that it matters much to you but my wife has MS, Fibromyalgia, and severe spinal stenosis. We both have strengths we brought into our marriage 17 years ago. I dont really care what super douches care about why I married her.

Of course I had no idea about her condition. I was trying to make a friendly comment.

You could have merely said my wife has a medical condition that prevents her from cooking.

Now you can apologize to me for calling names.

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love mine. Ribs, frozen chicken, pork and beef roasts..

Making rissotto is idiot proof. So damn good.

I made kickass spaghetti last night. Amazing!

I am going to get a second one soon.

SnoopHawg

CJK5H@SMU
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,039.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course I had no idea about her condition. I was trying to make a friendly comment.

Now you can apologize to me for calling names.
Im super protective of her because of her conditions. I do apologize for jumping to conclusions.