• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eklund Rumor

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklund/Post-Holiday-Rumor-Update-from-Nashville-Tennessee/1/65103

Interest in Jagr? To me it makes perfect sense. To me there are 3 reasons why it makes sense.

1. I do think we need to find a winger who can play with Stamkos. Stammer is a pure goal scorer but there are times were I think he's struggled to be a factor in games. I do think he misses Marty, a veteran who can generate chances for him. Looking forward Drouin was the guy to replace Marty playmaking ability to feed Stammer. Drouin will get better but he's still learning at this level and to play with Stamkos you have to face top D pairings, which is a challenge for a 19 year old. To me the addition of Jagr not only would help Stammer but it helps Drouin both now and going forward which takes me on to the next reason.

2. Experience. He's one of the best to ever do it, played so many games, played 202 playoff games, he's just been there and done it. We only have Morrow and Nabokov over 30 I just think when it comes done to the end we need more leadership in that room with such a young group.

3. The PP, It has been known were Jagr goes, he improves the PP. Doesn't our PP need improving?? I would say so.

To me the only issue I have is will Jagr pace with a go go go style of play, our speed otherwise I think he would be a very good and smart pickup.

Jagr got traded from Dallas to Boston in 2013 at the deadline for two prospects and a 2nd round pick. It seems a bit of hefty price for a 42 year old rental but one of the prospects in that deal Lane MacDermid has know retired and the other was a 5th round pick, not exactly top of the farm system talent. I think a fair deal would be J.T Brown and Jonathan Marchessault for Jaromir Jagr.

Lines:

Drouin-Stamkos-Jagr
Killorn-Filppula-Callahan
Palat-Johnson-Kucherov
Morrow-Boyle-Connolly/Paquette

Bolt Fore

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see the urgency to give up prospects for a 42 yr. old. We have Stamkos, Filpulla, Boyle and Callahan for veteran leadership and we don't HAVE to win the cup this year, next year is ok.

Bolt Fore

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part Two: We had veteran leadership here with Vinny & Marty and we shipped them out and we're a better team now.

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part Three from the "Over 30 Club": Brought in Morrow, what has he done? Shipped out Brewer, he achieved more than Morrow for the Bolts so far this season! I'm in awe of Jagr & his accomplishments Danny. I think the world of the guy, however, at 42 how much does he have left in the tank? What season is going to be "oops, this is one season too long"? Roloson had one good season left in his tank and the very next season, not so much. Morrow, if last season was good for him, that should have probably been his "last" season. I hate too see veteran talent go, it aches my heart because I'm getting older & can remember most of these guys just coming in as kids. But I'd rather see them go on someone else's team than to bring them to the Lightning and end up wasted $ like Morrow or the 2nd Roloson season or Nabokov this season! They all seem to do it in every sport; play 1 season too long. Very few are smart & get out while they're on top.

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part Three from the "Over 30 Club": Brought in Morrow, what has he done? Shipped out Brewer, he achieved more than Morrow for the Bolts so far this season! I'm in awe of Jagr & his accomplishments Danny. I think the world of the guy, however, at 42 how much does he have left in the tank? What season is going to be "oops, this is one season too long"? Roloson had one good season left in his tank and the very next season, not so much. Morrow, if last season was good for him, that should have probably been his "last" season. I hate too see veteran talent go, it aches my heart because I'm getting older & can remember most of these guys just coming in as kids. But I'd rather see them go on someone else's team than to bring them to the Lightning and end up wasted $ like Morrow or the 2nd Roloson season or Nabokov this season! They all seem to do it in every sport; play 1 season too long. Very few are smart & get out while they're on top.

Well Jagr has 5G and 15A this season, not exactly great but he leads the devils in scoring who rank 26th in the NHL for goals. Compare Jersey's forwards to ours, they don't compare, we have way more talent and depth. Point is Jagr will be more effective in a bolt sweater, especially if you play him with the league's best goal scorer.

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Jagr has 5G and 15A this season, not exactly great but he leads the devils in scoring who rank 26th in the NHL for goals. Compare Jersey's forwards to ours, they don't compare, we have way more talent and depth. Point is Jagr will be more effective in a bolt sweater, especially if you play him with the league's best goal scorer.

That's why he looks so good Danny @ 42 he's their play sparkplug! But if you put him with the league's best goal scorer he'll be facing top line D's. I don't think he'll fair so well & this may be his last decent season (at his age one never knows).

Bolt Fore

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Devils are now going to be coached by committee.

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What aches me is we get rid of a defensive D-man & keep a worthless forward (both in the over 30 club like Bolt & I). I guess Morrow is kind of fun to watch when he fights but other than that...why?

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Devils are now going to be coached by committee.

By committee? Elaborate Bolt please, you have my attention. Is this a good thing? Maybe we can get rid of Pooper & do the same?

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh by the way, I looked up that Joe Cocker song on U-Tube & I actually knew it! The name didn't ring a bell but I agree it's absolutely one of his best! Thanks buddy! :suds:

Bolt Fore

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh by the way, I looked up that Joe Cocker song on U-Tube & I actually knew it! The name didn't ring a bell but I agree it's absolutely one of his best! Thanks buddy! :suds:
Glad you liked it, brings back a lot of memories.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklund/Post-Holiday-Rumor-Update-from-Nashville-Tennessee/1/65103

Interest in Jagr? To me it makes perfect sense. To me there are 3 reasons why it makes sense.

1. I do think we need to find a winger who can play with Stamkos. Stammer is a pure goal scorer but there are times were I think he's struggled to be a factor in games. I do think he misses Marty, a veteran who can generate chances for him. Looking forward Drouin was the guy to replace Marty playmaking ability to feed Stammer. Drouin will get better but he's still learning at this level and to play with Stamkos you have to face top D pairings, which is a challenge for a 19 year old. To me the addition of Jagr not only would help Stammer but it helps Drouin both now and going forward which takes me on to the next reason.

2. Experience. He's one of the best to ever do it, played so many games, played 202 playoff games, he's just been there and done it. We only have Morrow and Nabokov over 30 I just think when it comes done to the end we need more leadership in that room with such a young group.

3. The PP, It has been known were Jagr goes, he improves the PP. Doesn't our PP need improving?? I would say so.

To me the only issue I have is will Jagr pace with a go go go style of play, our speed otherwise I think he would be a very good and smart pickup.

Jagr got traded from Dallas to Boston in 2013 at the deadline for two prospects and a 2nd round pick. It seems a bit of hefty price for a 42 year old rental but one of the prospects in that deal Lane MacDermid has know retired and the other was a 5th round pick, not exactly top of the farm system talent. I think a fair deal would be J.T Brown and Jonathan Marchessault for Jaromir Jagr.

Lines:

Drouin-Stamkos-Jagr
Killorn-Filppula-Callahan
Palat-Johnson-Kucherov
Morrow-Boyle-Connolly/Paquette

I'd be for adding jagr I feel we need a good vet for the playoffs. plus we need to add a vet defenseman then we will be set. ya jt brown for jagr and marchessault would be fair. but jagr is a 3rd or 4th liner now! I don't think he could skate with drouin or stamkos. Hate to say it but brad Richards would have been a perfect winger for stamkos and drouin for a year or two. Brad Richards signed a cheap one year deal which we should have done that.

Bolt Fore

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By committee? Elaborate Bolt please, you have my attention. Is this a good thing? Maybe we can get rid of Pooper & do the same?[

Lou Lamorello will oversee Adam Oates as the forward coach and Scott Stevens in charge of the D.

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jiri Hudler may be a good trade target if the Flames slip down the standings. 30 years of age, won a cup with Detroit, 13 Goals and 21 Assists and he's on the books for $4 mill next year 15-16 season so not just a rental pickup.

If Yzerman wants a younger forward I think Mikkel Boedker would be a nice option. The 25 Years old, is a RFA at the end of the year, only posted 9 Goals 11 Assists this year but scored 19 Goals and posted 32 Assists last year, again put in a bolt uniform and see those stats soar especially playing with Stamkos although the Yotes would probably be a roster play in return probably Connolly.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jiri Hudler may be a good trade target if the Flames slip down the standings. 30 years of age, won a cup with Detroit, 13 Goals and 21 Assists and he's on the books for $4 mill next year 15-16 season so not just a rental pickup.

If Yzerman wants a younger forward I think Mikkel Boedker would be a nice option. The 25 Years old, is a RFA at the end of the year, only posted 9 Goals 11 Assists this year but scored 19 Goals and posted 32 Assists last year, again put in a bolt uniform and see those stats soar especially playing with Stamkos although the Yotes would probably be a roster play in return probably Connolly.
Jiri Hudler would be a great fit!