• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Edwin Watts Files Chapter 11

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having spent s lot of year in retail and understand the importance of $ per SF performance in retail, I always felt the Edwin Watts small box concept would win out over the big box concepts such PGA Superstore and Golfsmith.

Like many things I was wrong.

UPDATE 2-Edwin Watts Golf Shops files for bankruptcy, seeks sale | Reuters

I went into the local store near me this weekend looking to bag a new driver and so far...the deals are not that hot...basically 10% off the street price.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having spent s lot of year in retail and understand the importance of $ per SF performance in retail, I always felt the Edwin Watts small box concept would win out over the big box concepts such PGA Superstore and Golfsmith.

Like many things I was wrong.

UPDATE 2-Edwin Watts Golf Shops files for bankruptcy, seeks sale | Reuters

I went into the local store near me this weekend looking to bag a new driver and so far...the deals are not that hot...basically 10% off the street price.

I bought some double digit numeral ProV1Xs from Edwin Watts but that's about it. I don't buy many golf things on line. I like to see and feel what I'm getting.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bought some double digit numeral ProV1Xs from Edwin Watts but that's about it. I don't buy many golf things on line. I like to see and feel what I'm getting.

They were a solid brick and mortar operation, stores mostly in the southeast...over expanded and was late to update the stores when the big box competition opened up...they got into online as a way of competing I guess...I will buy balls online, but that's about it for golf stuff.