• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Early line on Bears to win next year's SB is 12/1

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think their odds will be better when the season opens.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think their odds will be better when the season opens.
If by better you mean lower, then that's not better. I love the 12/1 number, I don't want to see that go down, but my gut says it will, probably down to something like 6/1 or 7/1 at best.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If by better you mean lower, then that's not better. I love the 12/1 number, I don't want to see that go down, but my gut says it will, probably down to something like 6/1 or 7/1 at best.
I don't gamble so odds are not too meaningful to me. But yes, 6/1 is what I expect.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Bears are similar to Cubs in the respect that their fans love to bet them. So, the odds will get driven down.

Having the 5th highest SB odds seems about right - seeing as that's where we sat the last few weeks of the season in the power rankings.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was curious how you guys feel about NEXT year?
2018 was a pleasant surprise.
So if we don't make it to the 2019 playoffs or the NFC title game, is it a major setback?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if we don't make it to the 2019 playoffs or the NFC title game, is it a major setback?

Expectations will be high. I think we'll be expected to not just make the playoffs, but to advance when we get there. Missing the post-season would be very disappointing. Although, all hope would not be lost for the Nagy/Pace regime. That is for certain...

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Depends on the setback...……..injuries being part of that...…?...….id hate to think.

We are definetley gonna have a tougher schedule next season...………….But if we don't make it because of the teams we lose to you,yeah it would be a setback for me...……

This past season was a little bit of a surprise for me...……..I really thought we would make the playoffs as a wildcard team,but losing in the first round...…..
The surprise part was us winning the division...…...Minnesota was not even a challenge,and the packers finished where I thought they would...…

Going into the first round of the playoffs,I knew we could of beaten Philadelphia,but the way we lost,:gaah:...……

to make it to the NFCCG a setback,I wouldn't think it would be a setback,unless we get blown out in one of the playoff games...…..

And right now Im looking forward to a great signing in freeagaency and a another gem in the draft..…...

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt that if we miss the playoffs it will be a HUGE setback. The only exception to that feeling would be if the roster is absolutely devastated by injuries. Aside from that, no excuses whatsoever for not making the postseason this year.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next year is the bears best opportunity to win the super bowl. It depends on the growth of our offense. If Nagy can get them to take the next step and become a great offense, we could win the nfc. If defenses figure out how to stop Nagys offense more effectively, we might not win the north. The packers should have a healthy Aaron Rodgers and the Vikings are still a talented team.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I asked because this board has already acknowledged that our schedule will be tougher.

As for the division, I still like our chances.

Lions got a better OC in Bevell imo but they always seem to self-destruct.
Vikings too got a new OC in Stefanski. But he has a whopping 3 games experience calling plays. If an experienced DeFilippo couldn't get the most out of the offensive Vikes talent (and good field position), I doubt Stafanski will.
Packers hired 2 guys with less experience than McCarthy/Philbin. Maybe its a small sample size but I don't see LaFluer/Hackett getting that much more out the offense then their predecessors. Even with an elite Aaron Rodgers.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next year is the bears best opportunity to win the super bowl. It depends on the growth of our offense. If Nagy can get them to take the next step and become a great offense, we could win the nfc. If defenses figure out how to stop Nagys offense more effectively, we might not win the north. The packers should have a healthy Aaron Rodgers and the Vikings are still a talented team.

In a certain way... I think our best chance may have been this past year. Just based off of the lack of a dominant NFC team (or AFC team, for that matter) and the fact that we lost 4 games by a combined 13 points. Meaning that we could have easily gotten home field if Parkey hits a kick and we don't blow a 20 point 2nd half lead in Green Bay. Or if we beat NYG... etc...

We will be a better team the next couple of seasons, IMO. However, odds are that the competition will stiffen, our schedule will be tougher and that we won't be so fortunate with injuries.

iliketrees

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears slipping, Go Pack Go, On Wisconsin

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears slipping, Go Pack Go, On Wisconsin

Considering we were 80/1 last year and Green Bay was towards the top. Not exactly worried about SB odds.

They are based on where they expect money to go anyway. They're not trying to predict who will be contending. It's about who is and will get the most money put on them by the public.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering we were 80/1 last year and Green Bay was towards the top. Not exactly worried about SB odds.

They are based on where they expect money to go anyway. They're not trying to predict who will be contending. It's about who is and will get the most money put on them by the public.
Bingo. Personally, I'm amazed that the Packers have lower odds than the Bears, but it just goes to your point that the bookies adjust the odds based on the amount of $$$ coming into the coiffers. I'll be on the Strip next week, so I'm going to check the sports books to first see if they have formally opened up the SB betting (I'm not much on doing shit like that online). If they are and the Bears are indeed 16-1, I will definitely throw a chunk on them. Those are actually great odds for a team that should very much be in the mix for the SB.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, at least with the two major sports books on the Strip (the MGM properties and the Caesars properties, which cover about 80% of the Strip), I found the Bears getting 10-1 odds (MGM) and 12-1 (Caesars). The Packers for each were 15-1, FWIW.

So I put down a whopping $50 on our boys at one of the Caesars books - big spender, yes? Hey, I can live with a measly $600 profit.

iliketrees

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears fucking suck