• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Early Entrants to NFL

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QBs to win a SB:
Joe Flacco
Trent Dilfer
Doug Williams
Brad Johnson
Mark Rypien
Jeff Hostetler
Jim McMahon

When you have an elite team, winning a SB is a lot easier. Let's stack them up as QBs:

Completion %:
Brees: 1
Montana: 15

Yards:
Montana: 19

QB Rating:
Brees: 3
Montana: 13

Passing TD:
Brees: 2
Montana: 17

Brees crushes Montana in everything both qualitatively and quantitatively. But you're right, Montana played with way better personnel and coaches. Good for him, nice career. But stop being a Domer homer.

You think he's a homer for suggesting Montana is better than Brees? Lol. I seriously haven't come across one list posted that has Brees rated higher.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's has played in an era with increased offense so the difference in the numbers are not as important to me as how they play when the game matters. I'm not about to compare a hall of famer with Dilfer but he does have a better record in the Super Bowl though he did nothing to achieve that.
The only argument for Montana over Brees is he played on a better team with a better coach. Simple as that.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think he's a homer for suggesting Montana is better than Brees? Lol. I seriously haven't come across one list posted that has Brees rated higher.
Here are some lists to check out:
Career TDs
Career Completion %
Career passer rating
Career yards
Career YPA
Career adjusted YPA
Career INT %

I could keep going.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only argument for Montana over Brees is he played on a better team with a better coach. Simple as that.

I disagree, you are allowed to have an opinion even if it's wrong I won't hold it against you.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are some lists to check out:
Career TDs
Career Completion %
Career passer rating
Career yards
Career YPA
Career adjusted YPA
Career INT %

I could keep going.

Cool. And calling him a homer when his opinion is probably a consensus opinion, makes you look like you don't know what the definition of homer means, and therefore, makes you look dumb.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool. And calling him a homer when his opinion is probably a consensus opinion, makes you look like you don't know what the definition of homer means, and therefore, makes you look dumb.
Pretty simple. Montana has been romanticized by so many lists because he was on teams that won 4 Super Bowls when the NFL started to hit it's peak in popularity. Hell, there are people who still think Aikman was one of the all-time great QBs, as ridiculous as that is. It's been established since then that he was an all-time great QB, of course, but now that other QBs are at the end of their careers, it's easy to see they were simply better. Not only that, but the game is exponentially more competitive today, as there are simply many more talented players now than back then. There's more parity.

Dilfer over Marino
Brad Johnson over Warren Moon
Doug Williams over Jim Kelly
Jeff Hostetler over Donovan McNabb

Make sense to you?

How about Eli Manning over Aaron Rodgers
Joe Flacco over Phillip Rivers

Make sense to you?

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty simple. Montana has been romanticized by so many lists because he was on teams that won 4 Super Bowls when the NFL started to hit it's peak in popularity. Hell, there are people who still think Aikman was one of the all-time great QBs, as ridiculous as that is. It's been established since then that he was an all-time great QB, of course, but now that other QBs are at the end of their careers, it's easy to see they were simply better. Not only that, but the game is exponentially more competitive today, as there are simply many more talented players now than back then. There's more parity.

Dilfer over Marino

Make sense to you?

Make sense to you?

Yep, none of these guys know what they're talking about that made these lists. You are the authority on all things. Tell ya what. Call up Go Daddy get yourself a website, and create your own list so there's at least one publication out there to have Brees ahead of Montana. Lol.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, none of these guys know what they're talking about that made these lists. You are the authority on all things. Tell ya what. Call up Go Daddy get yourself a website, and create your own list so there's at least one publication out there to have Brees ahead of Montana. Lol.
So you're saying you think I'm the keeper of all NFL stats?

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dilfer over Marino

Make sense to you?

Make sense to you?

there is more parity but the team's the 49ers beat and lost to, to win the super bowl were all excellent teams the likes of which Drew Brees never played against. You also cannot deny that the NFL Brees played in is offense friendly which inflates numbers.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QBs to win a SB:
Joe Flacco
Trent Dilfer
Doug Williams
Brad Johnson
Mark Rypien
Jeff Hostetler
Jim McMahon

When you have an elite team, winning a SB is a lot easier. Let's stack them up as QBs:

Completion %:
Montana: 15

Yards:
Montana: 19

QB Rating:
Brees: 3
Montana: 13

Passing TD:
Brees: 2
Montana: 17

Brees crushes Montana in everything both qualitatively and quantitatively. But you're right, Montana played with way better personnel and coaches. Good for him, nice career. But stop being a Domer homer.

You can't compare stats in different eras imo. Offenses weren't the same back then. I looove Brees but he isn't close to Montana.

To list a few QB's ahead of Brees TO THIS POINT: Montana, Brady, Manning, Marino, Young. Brees is a beast though, I think he is underrated.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there is more parity but the team's the 49ers beat and lost too were all excellent teams the likes of which Drew Brees never played against. You also cannot deny that the NFL Beers played in is offense friendly which inflates numbers.
You might have a point if not for the fact that Brees is ahead of Montana in all qualitative statistics too, such as Passer rating, INT %, TD %, YPA, adj YPA, etc.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't compare stats in different eras imo. Offenses weren't the same back then. I looove Brees but he isn't close to Montana.

To list a few QB's ahead of Brees TO THIS POINT: Montana, Brady, Manning, Marino, Young. Brees is a beast though, I think he is underrated.
You can throw out the quantitative metrics if you want and Brees still towers above Montana - figuratively speaking.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're saying you think I'm the keeper of all NFL stats?

No. But I guess you don't know what homer means then. Better get working on that website. Is acrossthefield.com taken?

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can throw out the quantitative metrics if you want and Brees still towers above Montana - figuratively speaking.

Wait. You forgot to call the Ohio State a homer for having Montana ahead of Brees.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. But I guess you don't know what homer means then. Better get working on that website. Is acrossthefield.com taken?
So by some opinions, Montana is better. By every statistical metric, Brees is better. I'll keep in mind your homerism here in the face of overwhelming statistical evidence to the contrary.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait. You forgot to call the Ohio State a homer for having Montana ahead of Brees.
He played at ND, not Ohio State. Unless the Ohio State fan is a closet ND fan, he's not a homer. Simple concept, the definition of "homer".

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So by some opinions, Montana is better. By every statistical metric, Brees is better. I'll keep in mind your homerism here in the face of overwhelming statistical evidence to the contrary.

I haven't even given my opinion on who I think is better. Lol. I'm just laughing at your for calling someone a homer when there's a consensus that his opinion is in line with everyone else's.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't even given my opinion on who I think is better. Lol. I'm just laughing at your for calling someone a homer when there's a consensus that his opinion is in line with everyone else's.
Well, it's not "everyone else's". Does this mean you agree that Brees is better?

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

the numbers and metrics will be better because of the era he played in. He also played longer