• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Earl wants out?

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Earl clearly wants to be a Cowboy? Pete’s palace is falling apart :L

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See my post in the other thread. He did NOT say he wants out.

C'mon.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's what I posted in the game thread...

Reading too much into it, imo. He's a Texas guy, born and raised, still heavily involved in his little town (I linked a good article about it here), he played at UT. He was a Cowboys fan growing up. He said when Seattle cuts him loose, he wants to play for the Cowboys. He DIDN'T say, 'when I become a FA, or force a move, or holdout.'

We all know somebody is moving on from the LOB for salary reasons, as they continue to address the O-line.

Personally I think Thomas is the least likely of the three to be dumped for salary. Kam is the most likely, depending on Sherman's long-term health with the recent injury.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really shouldn't be that big of a deal Earl does not want out of seattle he basically summed it up in the interview afterwards that if Seattle were to not resign him that he would really love to play for dallas its not like he will be demanding a trade. If it doesn't work out in Seattle he really wants to go to Dallas

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take from it what you will, but running into the Cowboys locker room after the game yelling “come get me” is a bad look. Rather than celebrating with his team in the other locker room he chose to run down Garrett to pass along a message that doesn’t mean anything because he is from Texas? That’s bad business and disrespectful to his current employer and fans tied to that other locker room. Just my opinion.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take from it what you will, but running into the Cowboys locker room after the game yelling “come get me” is a bad look. Rather than celebrating with his team in the other locker room he chose to run down Garrett to pass along a message that doesn’t mean anything because he is from Texas? That’s bad business and disrespectful to his current employer and fans tied to that other locker room. Just my opinion.
Possible, but Dez is ET's friend. Did you notice ET come up to Dez during the game and try to ease some of Dez' pain after he screwed his own pooch again?

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems as if everyone is defending him, but I must say that this was in really bad taste. It's kind of a slap in the face to the fans.

Yeah, he clarified what he meant, but still I feel like that's something you keep to yourself. Going up to the coach of another team and saying you want to play for them is kinda disrespectful to the fans and organization.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems as if everyone is defending him, but I must say that this was in really bad taste. It's kind of a slap in the face to the fans.

Yeah, he clarified what he meant, but still I feel like that's something you keep to yourself. Going up to the coach of another team and saying you want to play for them is kinda disrespectful to the fans and organization.

It wasn't intended as a public statement.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Q: Are you happy here?

Thomas: Yes. I’m happy here. I love being here. This is where I started. I’ve built my résumé here. I’ve got Kam (Chancellor) and Sherm (Richard Sherman), coach (Kris) Richard. I don’t want to leave.

Q: Would you wish they would talk to you already about an extension? Is that some of the reason?

Thomas: Yeah. That would be a great Christmas present.

Seems like he'd like to finish his career here... I don't have any problem with his comment... Hawks haven't talked extension so he basically wanted Garrett to know he'd love to come to Dallas if the Hawks don't extend him...

I personally hope the Hawks do extend him... I can see one of Sherm/Kam getting cut though... Not sure if Thomas would sign an extension if that is the case...

droider

Human NFL Almanac and College Football Insider
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course it was in bad taste. The guy is an idiot. Get rid of him along with all the other cancers like Kam and Bennett. Sherman can go too for all I care, as he can't cover man to man.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as ET suits up and gives us 100%, I won't be bothered with his comments.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ET saying something strange....stop the press!

The comments don't mean a whole lot. Ironic on a couple different levels though....he probably has the best chance to be a Seahawk next year from the group of him, Kam, and Sherm. He also said it to Garrett, who probably will not be the Dallas coach whenever it is that Seattle and ET part ways.

At some point Earl won't be a Hawk though. He's 28 now, will be 29 in May. Lots of miles on that engine despite being under 30, and he's in the last year of his contract in 2018. How big of an extension do you give a player approaching 30 who is a smaller safety but plays so violently? At some point all that catches up and the injuries and father time will kick in. You also have Tedric Thompson and Bradley McDougald (needs to be re-signed) as plan B options. A team friendly extension for about 2 more years (though 2020) probably makes sense, but if that doesn't happen then it could also make sense to let him walk in 2019, hopefully for big bucks, then enjoy that 3rd or 4th round comp pick.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You and 8 both see this situation much clearer than some in here. Just goes to show you that baseball fans are much smarter than football fans.