• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles' Free Agency

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's some more on Malik Jackson. Can't wait to see this guy next to Fletcher Cox. Used as a scapegoat last season limiting his snaps because they knew they were going to release him in the off-season for cap reasons. No more double teams here ... I have a feeling he will thrive just like Jernigan did prior to the injury.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Redskins just released MLB Zach Brown to open cap space ... I would look into adding him quickly if I were the Eagles.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Redskins just released MLB Zach Brown to open cap space ... I would look into adding him quickly if I were the Eagles.

I second that... but I think he may be out of their price range. There are some other solid options if they choose to go a cheaper route, BGN has a nice breakdown...

8 linebacker options for the Eagles

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

HuskerNGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 990.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Eagles would probably be willing to over pay some to sign him. If they feel the need at LB. Considering he was released by the redskins he would not count towards the comp pick formula which they seem very keen on at this moment.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coleman just signed with San Fran at just 5 mil per season ... surprised the Eagles didn't get in on that. Not much left out there aside from maybe CJ Anderson? Ajayi back? Blount back? None of that excites me. I really thought Coleman would end up here.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coleman just signed with San Fran at just 5 mil per season ... surprised the Eagles didn't get in on that. Not much left out there aside from maybe CJ Anderson? Ajayi back? Blount back? None of that excites me. I really thought Coleman would end up here.
this almost leads me to believe we take our RB Jacob's at twenty five imo. I think Howie is trying to pile up comp picks as well. I think Howie may working a deal via trade with another team possibly?

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ajayi to Indy? He's probably gone which isn't surprising. I standing by what I said earlier, Howie is loading up income picks and will address the RB via trade and draft.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Eagles have a few guys at RB lumped up in the 2nd round and that's where they will get their RB (no guarantee that Josh Jacobs is there at 25). I'm still a bit surprised with Ingram and Coleman getting just 5 mil a year that we weren't in on either. Maybe we are still in on a trade for Duke Johnson, I don't know. It just seems strange that for a team built to win now that we are not doing anything at RB ... or banking on a rookie. Clement and Smallwood are not the answer.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Eagles have a few guys at RB lumped up in the 2nd round and that's where they will get their RB (no guarantee that Josh Jacobs is there at 25). I'm still a bit surprised with Ingram and Coleman getting just 5 mil a year that we weren't in on either. Maybe we are still in on a trade for Duke Johnson, I don't know. It just seems strange that for a team built to win now that we are not doing anything at RB ... or banking on a rookie. Clement and Smallwood are not the answer.
My thinking is Howie doesn't want to lose comp picks and if he took one of these RBs I think we would lose possibly a fifth rounder? At least that's what I have gathered from reading an article on BGN. It's confusing, but I guarantee we will have the RB issue addressed before camp begins. Howard is who I'm thinking comes here.

Reactions: ctc

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thinking is Howie doesn't want to lose comp picks and if he took one of these RBs I think we would lose possibly a fifth rounder? At least that's what I have gathered from reading an article on BGN. It's confusing, but I guarantee we will have the RB issue addressed before camp begins. Howard is who I'm thinking comes here.

BGN can harp a bit too much on the comp picks. Then again, maybe they have team thinking figured out on this.

As I read this thread Howard is exactly who I thought of too. Though, I’m pretty sure I would be OK with Duke Johnson too.

HuskerNGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 990.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Duke Johnson salary becomes garaunteed today or tomorrow. If not traded he could be signed without affect on comp picks.

By not having any interest in Coleman or Ingram I think that just proves the front office does not value RB in the least bit. At this point I'd be surprised by use of a 2nd round pick for a RB

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Duke Johnson salary becomes garaunteed today or tomorrow. If not traded he could be signed without affect on comp picks.

By not having any interest in Coleman or Ingram I think that just proves the front office does not value RB in the least bit. At this point I'd be surprised by use of a 2nd round pick for a RB
I think you are partially right on this. I think they value, but are not willing to pay a premium. I think they feel they can get one in the draft. How much would a 1st rd RB at the 25th pick cost? Then they would have control for 5 years.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Details on the Fort contract: