• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles/Bucs Game Thread/Predictions

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
eagles CBs don't play to the WR, they play a side of the ball, all depends on where the offense chooses to send their #1/2 WR as to who they cover.

Yeah. I kind of thought that, but didn’t want to look it up. Hmmmm....maybe that’s how Julio went off so well week one.

In that case I am all for swapping mills and jones. Not sure what they saw in practice and training camp that got Mills the #2. But they surely aren’t seeing it in games.

Of another note....QB pressure makes any CB better. That worked week one, but was missing last week. That’s mildly concerning.

If we have the rush going next week I’m not too worried about the colts receivers. But if they give Luck time he will hurt them with his arm and throwing to whomever Mills is on.

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless they get some decent wide receivers on this team soon, they aren't going anywhere - with or without Wentz.
Saying that, I EXPECT a trade this week.
Maybe they will pull off a major trade. One can only hope.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless they get some decent wide receivers on this team soon, they aren't going anywhere - with or without Wentz.

I'd have no problem with Josh Gordon.

Wentz and Foles will lead him to the end zone and Jesus.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd have no problem with Josh Gordon.

Wentz and Foles will lead him to the end zone and Jesus.

You know I chuckled, Taddy.
But this is the upside potential I see (the Cris Carter corollary I noted a few days back). A roster and organization that can support and prop up such a troubled talent and help them realize their best skills and happiness with life and this sport. That could be us.

It's the "could" that scares the crap out of me. I have been here long enough that you all know I am overly risk averse.

I still wouldn't want to give up too much for Gordon.....let's see what happens.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like this talk! Do you have thoughts on what kind of trade there could be this week? Obviously Gordon is on the table.....but I have not kept up no what else is out there.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our WR position is major cause for concern right now. I suspect they look better once Wentz and Alshon get in there, but it just isn't a very talented group.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said that last April but I was laughed at.

Don't worry, we all know now that we have to upgrade the WR corps. If you got laughed at, we had a full compliment of WR's. Not now. BTW, Mike Wallace might not play again this year. Turns out - he is a bust. Over the hill. We could have signed DJAX a year ago, Just saying.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wallace is out with knee injury and probably means out for awhile is my guess. Would anyone be open for the possibility to bring in Josh Gordon?

fuck no.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know I chuckled, Taddy.
But this is the upside potential I see (the Cris Carter corollary I noted a few days back). A roster and organization that can support and prop up such a troubled talent and help them realize their best skills and happiness with life and this sport. That could be us.

It's the "could" that scares the crap out of me. I have been here long enough that you all know I am overly risk averse.

I still wouldn't want to give up too much for Gordon.....let's see what happens.
I don't see him that much of a risk in the regular season. Cost should be low, so the reward would outweigh that easily. The worry would be if the team made the Super Bowl with him being a large part of it and then he pulls a Barret Robbins.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see him that much of a risk in the regular season. Cost should be low, so the reward would outweigh that easily. The worry would be if the team made the Super Bowl with him being a large part of it and then he pulls a Barret Robbins.

Yeah....thats the kind of bullshit I wonder and worry about.

So....I do not believe a 6-7 rounder will get Gordon our way. That said....I have no clue how much would be spent to get him (maybe a 4th rounder as a ceiling...maybe someone has a free 3rd to burn).

What would you give up max to pick up Gordon?

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So....I do not believe a 6-7 rounder will get Gordon our way. That said....I have no clue how much would be spent to get him (maybe a 4th rounder as a ceiling...maybe someone has a free 3rd to burn).

i'd imagine a team would view our pick as back end of whatever round. that being said, i wouldn't do more than 6th, maybe a conditional 5th.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is a pretty good write up of what is out there for WR:

10 wide receiver options for the Philadelphia Eagles

Gordon if the price is right...maybe Maclin if he can come try out and show the hammy has healed. Beyond that.....not much of nothing.

Dez wants more than we should/could pay, and he has question marks on field and in locker room. The rest of the names I just say no to. Braxton on the PS......sigh.....it's really that desperate. I am hoping he can come in soon and make solid contribution.

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who the heck is Perkins and why was he playing ahead of Goedart?

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wouldn't give up anything more than a 5th. Apparently Browns are trying to move him before 4 PM today.

If the Birds had interest in Calvin Johnson last year, then I think their interest in Gordon is legitimate.

Northern Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maclin is cooked, Dez is a headcase, and Gordon comes with his own unique issues but I'd be willing to take a flier on him - as long as it's not too expensive, it could be our "Ajayi" addition this year that will help add to an already explosive offense when we get our studs back in there.

Chalk up the TB loss to hot weather, and perhaps the 10-day layover was too much time off and they lost a bit of their edge from Week 1. Schwartz's unit deserves a lot of the blame, not sharp and I wonder if maybe the weather had a little to do with it... Lots of missed tackles and they played coverage scared.

This game did have an eerily similar feeling to Week 2 of last year, tough road loss with a lot of questions following the game about the direction of the team... we're still on track to dominate the season boys, no need for panic yet.

I would love to see Tampa Bay later in the playoffs, no way they repeat that shit on us a 2nd time.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And out in the distance, a new front runner emerges...

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another trade possibility arising (rumor mill)

"DeVante Parker, Dolphins

2018 stats: 0 catches, 0 yards, 0 TD

Why it could work: The former first-round pick seems to have fallen out of favor in Miami and with the offensive-mind Adam Gase. Parker was inactive vs. the Jets on Sunday after missing the season opener with an injured finger. He reportedly wasn't told why he didn't play.

If turmoil over playing time emerges, Parker could be this year's Jay Ajayi. With the transaction history between Eagles executive Howie Roseman and Dolphins leader Mike Tannenbaum, it's not hard to imagine a deal getting done."

Northern Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Parker is an interesting name... could be a darkhorse acquisition for us with all the Gordon talk going on