• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles/Bucs Game Thread/Predictions

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jalen Mills.....how is this guy still a starter? Fucking garbage.

He would drive me nuts at times, and then he played well the next game. At this point, I would bench Mills, play Maddox in the slot, and move Sidney to the outside. All the other teams know he's the weakest point. Next week Andrew Luck could have a field day vs Mills.

Darth Dawkins

kffl trev
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feels like they came out and got torched by DJAX early and just said, "screw it, it's too hot".

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wallace is out with knee injury and probably means out for awhile is my guess. Would anyone be open for the possibility to bring in Josh Gordon?

Darth Dawkins

kffl trev
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Gordon is Fools Gold. Would probably come in and make a huge impact and then be suspended again. Although maybe a stopgap WR is exactly what we need.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Gordon is Fools Gold. Would probably come in and make a huge impact and then be suspended again. Although maybe a stopgap WR is exactly what we need.
This is kind of where I'm going with, no way do I think he can clean himself up long term, but he is a playmaking receiver that we don't have currently until Jeffrey can get healthy. I doubt Howie wants to even entertain the idea anyway. Wentz will probably be cleared to play next week and I worry that he doesn't have anyone who can get open and catch a football.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need another pro receiver on this team aside from Agholor. Gordon is worth a shot imo for a 6th or 7th (crapshoot rounds which is what Gordon would be anyhoo). We need Alshon back pretty badly and Hollins getting hurt in Camp was big as well. Obviously getting Wentz back would be kind of nice as well.

On D we need to start Sid Jones on the outside and make Mills the backup ... heart only gets you so far.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to spend high draft picks on stud WR's, like we used to do - ala DeSean, Maclin, etc, instead of late round picks, free agents, etc.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats how i would view him: a stop gap, at least until Alshon gets going.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The missed FG was big. If we make that we are down 3 and wouldn’t have gone for it on 4th down in quarter 4. Could have tied it up there. Soooo close but Malcolm Jenkins had a rare bad game.

Really hate how conservative we are with Foles too. If I see another 3 yard pass I’m gonna scream.

Darth Dawkins

kffl trev
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need another pro receiver on this team aside from Agholor. Gordon is worth a shot imo for a 6th or 7th (crapshoot rounds which is what Gordon would be anyhoo). We need Alshon back pretty badly and Hollins getting hurt in Camp was big as well. Obviously getting Wentz back would be kind of nice as well.

On D we need to start Sid Jones on the outside and make Mills the backup ... heart only gets you so far.

I have a feeling some team is going to value him much higher than a 6th. There are some desperate teams out there.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They lost a game, meh.

Offense struggled out of the game, big deal. Already without their top WR and QB, they lose the other outside WR they brought in this year, JP went down, Ajayi left, they had a lot of penalties, Nick was constantly getting knocked to the ground... Yeah, not the greatest, but all in all I though Foles did pretty well. Clement is more than fine to replace Ajayi, but the lack of depth (just Smallwood) was no bueno. They apparently don't feel comfortable with Goedert's knowledge of the playbook/offense, so heavy doses of Perkins.

As for the defense, that's a different story. With that said, the Bucs offense/weapons are for real, so hats off to them. It's week 2, we play in the NFC East, I'm good.

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to spend high draft picks on stud WR's, like we used to do - ala DeSean, Maclin, etc, instead of late round picks, free agents, etc.
I said that last April but I was laughed at.

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could ONE of the coaches teach the players the rules of the game. Why do we have to keep seeing flag after flag after flag.
1st and 40 was embarrassing.
The Eagles couldn't get the ball back near the end because of a penalty.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could ONE of the coaches teach the players the rules of the game. Why do we have to keep seeing flag after flag after flag.
1st and 40 was embarrassing.
The Eagles couldn't get the ball back near the end because of a penalty.
Actually, they only had a chance to get the ball back near the end because of a penalty. Heady play by Jalen Mills...

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling some team is going to value him much higher than a 6th. There are some desperate teams out there.

This. I’m fine with howie floating out a 6th offer for Gordon. I just don’t think that turns out to be the best offer. If so, then we take the chance on Gordon’s demons and any possible impacts on the team.

Dez values himself way way too much. It’s why he’s not on a team.

WR is an issue on this roster right now. How much it is an issue after Alshon is back remains to be seen. While there is solid talent on market there is not solid overall players out there.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feels like they came out and got torched by DJAX early and just said, "screw it, it's too hot".

I don’t feel that was the case. They absolutely got smacked in the mouth and staggered for a long while with all that was happening. But I didn’t see them pack it in or the game would have been 27-10, not 27-21. It was just too little too late.

In some ways (just some) it felt a bit like the Chiefs game in week 2 last year. The Bucs right now could be comparable to the Chiefs last year in week 2. They smacked us and we climbed back just to come up short late.

Main saving grace I take from this ugly loss is that they did not quit or pack it in. Individual performance took us from a chance to come back....but the whole team kept fighting against it all.

As long as that is there I don’t worry too extremely at this point.

Reactions: CSB

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He would drive me nuts at times, and then he played well the next game. At this point, I would bench Mills, play Maddox in the slot, and move Sidney to the outside. All the other teams know he's the weakest point. Next week Andrew Luck could have a field day vs Mills.

Mills is only as good as the #2 he is facing. Next week will likely see Darby on Hilton, putting Mills on Grant most of the time (hopefully all of the time). I’m less concerned about Mills on Grant than DJax.

It’s a week to week thing, but I would strongly consider Jones getting the outside when the #2 is a really good WR.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mills is only as good as the #2 he is facing. Next week will likely see Darby on Hilton, putting Mills on Grant most of the time (hopefully all of the time). I’m less concerned about Mills on Grant than DJax.

It’s a week to week thing, but I would strongly consider Jones getting the outside when the #2 is a really good WR.
eagles CBs don't play to the WR, they play a side of the ball, all depends on where the offense chooses to send their #1/2 WR as to who they cover.