• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles/Browns preseason game thread

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK Guys:
This is supposed to be the only game worth watching. Who are you most interested in?
For me:
Nick Foles - is he ready for the season?
Big V - can he improve over last week?
Matt Pryor - a pleasant surprise. Is he for real?
Shelton Gibson - Ditto.
Josh Adams - if he ins't for real, then I suspect we sign a vet when they cut down.
Sidney Jones - will he be a star CB, or will get beaten out by the rookie, Maddox?

There may be others. Who are you looking at?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has Carson Wentz sent the Browns a Thank You card for not drafting him yet?

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vaitai keeps looking bad at LT ... thank goodness we have a healthy Peters coming back. We certainly need to look at LT in the next draft.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like a broken wrist for Tyrod Taylor

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O-Line looks like shit. Don't start Wentz until they learn how to play again.

Big V looks like a rookie.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lane Johnson needs to get back on PEDs... dude looks like shit.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK Guys:
This is supposed to be the only game worth watching. Who are you most interested in?
For me:
Nick Foles - is he ready for the season?
Big V - can he improve over last week?
Matt Pryor - a pleasant surprise. Is he for real?
Shelton Gibson - Ditto.
Josh Adams - if he ins't for real, then I suspect we sign a vet when they cut down.
Sidney Jones - will he be a star CB, or will get beaten out by the rookie, Maddox?

There may be others. Who are you looking at?
:badmin:

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally got a drive going and Matt Jones (cut) is fumbles.

Smallwood may just make the team with the lack of better options at RB... though maybe they carry an extra receiver.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hicks all over the field. Crazy how good this D could be if he can stay healthy all year.

BPNAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is a terrible team right now

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FOles has looked like shit all preseason. That concerns me a bit. Hopefully the turnovers will go way down when the real season begins. I know it's preseason, but there are some real concerns that need fixed if we are going to repeat. Foles is my biggest concern.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vaitai keeps looking bad at LT ... thank goodness we have a healthy Peters coming back. We certainly need to look at LT in the next draft.

Give Matt Pryor a shot, hopefully we can gt any draft pick for Seumalo and Vaitai.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O-Line looks like shit. Don't start Wentz until they learn how to play again.

Big V looks like a rookie.

play again?? People forget, wentz was the most knocked down QB in the league for a long period. His escapability and accuracy made the OL not get nearly the heat they should have. One of the announcers actually said in the 1st qtr that the eagles have the best OL in the league. It was a problem last year, and it's still a problem. Doug is simply a master at hiding our deficiencies. Kelce cannot push anyone back??? Put him in motion.

Completely agree about Hicks. "IF" he can stay healthy, he makes such a huge difference here.

Matt Jones, just punched his own ticket out of this place. Smallwood and Adams both did well as well

Gibson looked good. So did Carter. Like to see both make the team.

Foles, I've said all along, as unpopular as an opinion as it has been, is simply not that great. I don't think he would have made the playoffs if he started last season, or this season. I will be forever greatful for him, and what he did in the playoffs. But he played above himself, and I credit more of that to Doug than anything else. Foles played above himself and came thru at just the right time. But I don't see him having the ability to do that in any steady manner, the way Wentz can. The only question I see -- is are we better off with sudfeld or Foles as the backup? I'm honestly not sure yet. I would have said sudfeld, but he didn't look much better vs the browns.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
play again?? People forget, wentz was the most knocked down QB in the league for a long period. His escapability and accuracy made the OL not get nearly the heat they should have. One of the announcers actually said in the 1st qtr that the eagles have the best OL in the league. It was a problem last year, and it's still a problem. Doug is simply a master at hiding our deficiencies. Kelce cannot push anyone back??? Put him in motion.

Completely agree about Hicks. "IF" he can stay healthy, he makes such a huge difference here.

Matt Jones, just punched his own ticket out of this place. Smallwood and Adams both did well as well

Gibson looked good. So did Carter. Like to see both make the team.

Foles, I've said all along, as unpopular as an opinion as it has been, is simply not that great. I don't think he would have made the playoffs if he started last season, or this season. I will be forever greatful for him, and what he did in the playoffs. But he played above himself, and I credit more of that to Doug than anything else. Foles played above himself and came thru at just the right time. But I don't see him having the ability to do that in any steady manner, the way Wentz can. The only question I see -- is are we better off with sudfeld or Foles as the backup? I'm honestly not sure yet. I would have said sudfeld, but he didn't look much better vs the browns.

Wentz >>>>>> Foles >>>>>>> Sudfeld

Also some of the RPO stuff helped to slow the rush that we're not using much now. But I'll take Peters at 80% over Big V... another guy I hope will be healthy.

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Foles will be better when the 1st team skill players are in the game. It is not excuse for how bad he looks this preseason but I think Doug will have a game plan ready for him.

I think a real running helps this team a lot. I do not like Smallwood at all and he looked like our best running back last night.

All in all a disappointing preseason.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FOles has looked like shit all preseason. That concerns me a bit. Hopefully the turnovers will go way down when the real season begins. I know it's preseason, but there are some real concerns that need fixed if we are going to repeat. Foles is my biggest concern.

I don't want to overreact, but if we can get a 2nd round pick or better, trade Nick, and I will take our chances with Sudfeld as the backup.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Foles will be better when the 1st team skill players are in the game. It is not excuse for how bad he looks this preseason but I think Doug will have a game plan ready for him.

I think a real running helps this team a lot. I do not like Smallwood at all and he looked like our best running back last night.

All in all a disappointing preseason.

Josh Adams is better than Smallwood, and doesn't fumble.

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Adams is better than Smallwood, and doesn't fumble.

I may be better than Smallwood. hehe I am fine with keeping Adams for the 4th back. I really think that spots will depend on what happens at WR.