• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles as Bears (Sunday Wildcard)

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Foles is ready to go I think we have a shot at winning this. The Bears have a top notch pass rush and can stuff the run, but the way to get to them is quick passing. Foles has done this extremely well the past 3 weeks with 2 of the wins against playoff teams in the Rams and Texans. He has a 77% completion percentage the past 3 games and is spreading the ball out where teams can't concentrate on stopping any one area.

On Defense the Bears are a little banged up at receiver, but Mitch T's running ability scares me. If we can bottle him up in the pocket I like our chances at containing their receivers.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should have read Eagles "at" Bears ... but Eages "as" Bears is slightly funnier I guess.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bears defense is nice, but their offense is teh suck. just need to not give points to their defense. play a smart clean game.

for general information it's on sunday, 1640 on NBC.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too early to predict, but we can win this game. It won't be easy (duh), because the Bears are very physical, as we are. It should be a great game!

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Foles is ready to go I think we have a shot at winning this. The Bears have a top notch pass rush and can stuff the run, but the way to get to them is quick passing. Foles has done this extremely well the past 3 weeks with 2 of the wins against playoff teams in the Rams and Texans. He has a 77% completion percentage the past 3 games and is spreading the ball out where teams can't concentrate on stopping any one area.

On Defense the Bears are a little banged up at receiver, but Mitch T's running ability scares me. If we can bottle him up in the pocket I like our chances at containing their receivers.

For first blush analysis this right on to me. Well said. We won’t be able to generate much with our paltry run game, and their Dline against our Oline scares me. But quick passing could solve that. It’s going to task Doug with watching the film and finding creative ways to do it. A month ago there is no way I see him and his staff up for it. Now I’m not as worried.

Mitch’s running capability scares me too. That long 4th Q drive yesterday he showed some amazing speed and legs. We have been killed by ignoring QB speed way too much in the past. That’s a certain worry.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For first blush analysis this right on to me. Well said. We won’t be able to generate much with our paltry run game, and their Dline against our Oline scares me. But quick passing could solve that. It’s going to task Doug with watching the film and finding creative ways to do it. A month ago there is no way I see him and his staff up for it. Now I’m not as worried.

Mitch’s running capability scares me too. That long 4th Q drive yesterday he showed some amazing speed and legs. We have been killed by ignoring QB speed way too much in the past. That’s a certain worry.
yeah, the defense doesn't do the best against a qb that can run. but who cares, they got this.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, the defense doesn't do the best against a qb that can run. but who cares, they got this.

They have done at least a decent job at keeping qbs in the pocket. But this will be a big challenge. Can’t expect too much from LBs as for quick support if Trubisky breaks pocket. But if he breaks free on the outside they need to have Sul and Maddox ready to close in.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles 24 Bears 17
I'm thinking this game will be lower on the scoreboard honestly. Chicago weather this time of year can be interesting. I'm thinking more of a 13-10 type game. Just a gut feeling.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking this game will be lower on the scoreboard honestly. Chicago weather this time of year can be interesting. I'm thinking more of a 13-10 type game. Just a gut feeling.

I had exactly the same thought. Not sure what weather will be....but I can’t see that many points from either team. Between weather and the defenses I see scoring at a premium.

Better make sure your nails are growing over the next week.....there will be lots of chance to bite them next Sunday.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty familiar with Chicago. II was stationed up in Great Lakes during the winter months and have been to Soldier Field. Lake Michigan can be nasty. I'll be checking out the forecast for sure. We better have a run game in place though.

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An actual eagle pretending to be a bear would be badass.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty familiar with Chicago. II was stationed up in Great Lakes during the winter months and have been to Soldier Field. Lake Michigan can be nasty. I'll be checking out the forecast for sure. We better have a run game in place though.

As of now it looks like mid 30s and 10mph or less of wind at game time.

Of course, I’m sure fog was no where on the forecast a week out thirty years ago.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm thinking low scoring too (which probably means we're in for a 35-38 game when so many think it will be low scoring).

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just brought up the fog bowl again. Maybe it’s worth calling out the 2001 divisional playoff....January, 2002 in Chicago. Bears were something like 13-3 that year with Jim Miller at QB. Weather was very nice to my recollection. And we handled them just fine.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW, the site I do my online gambling on is on the same page I predicted. They have Philly winning 16-13. They are pretty accurate. I said 13-10. Pretty damn close. Btw, Foles is cleared to play.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears have allowed 2 TDs in the their last 4 games, and both of those came off drives that were extended by questionable officiating.

Bears have given up 11 TDs at home all season. The vast majority of those have been garbage time.

14 to Seattle - both garbage time
7 to Bucs - garbage time
14 to Pats - worst game of the year for them
7 to Jets - garbage time
14 to Detroit - both in garbage time
14 to Vikes - both garbage time
7 to Packers garbage time.

Legitimately the only earned offensive TDs against them at home all year was the Pats.

Anything can happen, but don't expect to come in there and drop 30 on em' unless there is a Defensive TD or on ST.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears have allowed 2 TDs in the their last 4 games, and both of those came off drives that were extended by questionable officiating.

Bears have given up 11 TDs at home all season. The vast majority of those have been garbage time.

14 to Seattle - both garbage time
7 to Bucs - garbage time
14 to Pats - worst game of the year for them
7 to Jets - garbage time
14 to Detroit - both in garbage time
14 to Vikes - both garbage time
7 to Packers garbage time.

Legitimately the only earned offensive TDs against them at home all year was the Pats.

Anything can happen, but don't expect to come in there and drop 30 on em' unless there is a Defensive TD or on ST.

The Eagles are better than the Patriots...so it’s certainly possible we could put up some points on the Bears. They’ve got a tough D. I’m looking forward to the game.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles are better than the Patriots...so it’s certainly possible we could put up some points on the Bears. They’ve got a tough D. I’m looking forward to the game.
Well, every team is different at different points of the season. Pats were hitting a stride at that point, and even then, 14 of their points came on Special Teams.