• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles and the Browns trade results

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No because all my posts are not about bashing the Cowboys. Let me see....I said they were going to win the division....I said Dak was going to be a stud in the NFL and a top 5 QB in the next few years. I did nothing but praise Zeke about his ability on the field...said he should have been ROY and a MVP candidate. It is not where we are different but the fact that you whine because I post in Cowboys threads. Please don't sit here and try to feed bullshit that you say nothing but good things about the Eagles. :rolleyes2:
Go spread your BS somewhere else. You throw out a couple backhanded compliments amidst your anti-Cowboy BS. Dope

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go spread your BS somewhere else. You throw out a couple backhanded compliments amidst your anti-Cowboy BS. Dope

Awww....poor sensitive Cowboys fan get his feelings hurt? Cry me a fucking river. You posted some bullshit about how I am obsessed about the Cowboys and post on all Cowboy threads. You made that claim a couple times. That was a bunch of bullshit and I was not the one that pointed out the bullshit. Someone showed your claim was a crock of shit. What is laughable is that you post in every Eagles thread in this particular forum. I don't post in every Cowboys thread but you wanted to be a dickhead and you got called out on it simple as that.

The Cowboys suck. I never hid my disdain for the Cowboys but the bottom line is all of my posts about them are not negative. Prove me otherwise or STFU.

Last edited:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awww....poor sensitive Cowboys fan get his feelings hurt? Cry me a fucking river. You posted some bullshit about how I am obsessed about the Cowboys and post on all Cowboy threads. You made that claim a couple times. That was a bunch of bullshit and I was not the one that pointed out the bullshit. Someone showed your claim was a crock of shit. What is laughable is that you post in every Eagles thread in this particular forum. I don't post in every Cowboys thread but you wanted to be a dickhead and you got called out on it simple as that.

The Cowboys suck. I never hid my disdain for the Cowboys but the bottom line is all of my posts about them are not negative. Prove me otherwise or STFU.
I always loved the comments about people being sensitive like saying it makes it true. You are a dope and you are obsessed. Mega obsessed. What's bigger than Mega? Bigly obsessed...

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would make that trade 1000 times over if I was the Browns

They totally ripped off MY EAGLES. I like Carson Wentz, but they gave up way too much for him.

Just because they picked poorly doesnt mean the trade was a bad trade.
If a competent GM made the picks, it would be lopsided as fuck for Cleveland.

Philly did not trade those named players.
Philly traded draft picks and far too many of them.

The trade was a great trade for Cleveland on its own merits.

The person who made moves after the trade subsequently made the valuable trade assets less valuable.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always loved the comments about people being sensitive like saying it makes it true. You are a dope and you are obsessed. Mega obsessed. What's bigger than Mega? Bigly obsessed...

Translation: I got nothing. Can't prove my point so I will try to deflect.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
upload_2017-10-15_19-48-48.png

Damn you got it bad...

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They totally ripped off MY EAGLES. I like Carson Wentz, but they gave up way too much for him.

The person who made moves after the trade subsequently made the valuable trade assets less valuable.
If you believe you can get a franchise QB with that pick then things change dramatically. The Browns said they didn't think Wentz would be a top 20 QB, so in that respect they made the move that was appropriate for them. The Eagles thought he could be their long term solution at the position, so in that respect they made the move that was appropriate for them.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah :scratch: little early to compare the "trade"......

Browns didn't fall in love with Wentz, it's understandable, it happens alot...

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles have clearly won that trade.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles gambled and they did well on the trade. It is a rare thing for that to happen but I won't say they actually won the trade. The Browns did not lose in the trade when you look at the picks they got. The Browns problem is that they have idiots running their team. With all the picks they got the right GM turns the franchise around. If they were able to look into the future they probably keep the pick but given the offer they made the right choice with the trade. Most 1st Round QB's fail to live up to expectations.

If the Browns had someone with half a brain running the team they could easily have been declared the winner regardless of how good Wentz becomes.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Corey Coleman should end up being pretty good and Jabril Peppers is a nice player. Not sure if any of the other guys will pan out or become long-term starters for the Browns -- but realistically, drafting a QB in 2016, even if it were Wentz, wouldn't have solved Cleveland's problems. Even for the Eagles, they drafted Wentz with the intent of sitting him for most or all of 2016. It didn't work out that way because they traded Bradford but things don't always work out as you expect.

In the end, I think we'll see Cleveland in 2-3 years with Kizer, Coleman, Louis, and Peppers being productive players for them. Maybe they won't be as valuable as Wentz is to the Eagles . . . but it still might turn out to be better than Cleveland would have gotten out of the #2 pick. If Cleveland stays at 2, would they have even drafted Wentz? Maybe they go Bosa or Elliott or Ramsey. Who knows.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draft pick points are fine at the time of the trade, but in hindsight the Eagles got gifted a franchise QB and the Browns are still being the Browns.
The Eagles paid a fair price for the chance to Draft a QB prospect. The Browns are good Draft day trade merchants, but they're lousy talent evaluators.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you have internet connection and/or TVs in Clarksville then you have to understand that Carson Wentz is going to dominate the league. And for that, it doesn't matter what you give up.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you have internet connection and/or TVs in Clarksville then you have to understand that Carson Wentz is going to dominate the league. And for that, it doesn't matter what you give up.

BINGO!

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So if you were the GM of the Eagles would you trade Wentz today for 2 firsts, a second and a 4th? I sure wouldn't

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if you were the GM of the Eagles would you trade Wentz today for 2 firsts, a second and a 4th? I sure wouldn't

That wasnt the trade though. Adding names after the fact is not how the trade went down.
No players were traded. Only draft picks.
What the GM does with the picks is totally diffrent and takes place after the trade.

The trade was

EAGLES GET
#2 pick in 2016

BROWNS GET
#8 pick in 2016
first round pick in 2017
second round pick 2016
fourth round pick in 2016
fourth round pick in 2017

I would make that draft day trade 1000 times out of 1000 if I were Cleveland.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That wasnt the trade though. Adding names after the fact is not how the trade went down.
No players were traded. Only draft picks.
What the GM does with the picks is totally diffrent and takes place after the trade.

The trade was

EAGLES GET
#2 pick in 2016

BROWNS GET
#8 pick in 2016
first round pick in 2017
second round pick 2016
fourth round pick in 2016
fourth round pick in 2017

I would make that draft day trade 1000 times out of 1000 if I were Cleveland.

OK I missed one 4th rounder but the Eagles got a 4th back from them. I'm saying, NOW would you trade Wentz and a 4th for 2 firsts, a 2nd and two 4th? Not a chance in hell is the answer.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK I missed one 4th rounder but the Eagles got a 4th back from them. I'm saying, NOW would you trade Wentz and a 4th for 2 firsts, a 2nd and two 4th? Not a chance in hell is the answer.

Going back a couple years after a trade to bash a team makes no sense. When you look at what was offered the Browns got the better part of the deal. No one....not even the Eagles would have been able to guarantee that Carson Wentz would be the stud that he was. In fact up until Bridgewater got hurt Wentz was not going to see any time during the season. A trade forced the issue and it worked out for the Eagles.

The Eagles gave up a shitload to move up 6 spots. I am not sure how anyone can see it any other way. Anyone with half a brain would agree that on draft day the Browns got the better of the deal. On paper it looks like they stole from the Eagles. Fast forward a couple years and the look can be different. The Eagles have franchise QB and from the looks of things a QB that will often compete for league MVP. That does not mean the Browns were shafted in the trade. They got a great haul. Just did not know how you use it. I mean look at the QB the Cowboys got in the 4th round.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would there be a debate on whether the Browns fleeced the Eagles had the Browns just drafted Watson?