• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dynasty league with some openings

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the one I was drafting in folded, a handful of us that were in the "groupme" and had been yacking decided to just make a new league. League fee is $35, will draft as soon as filled, slow draft.

It will be best ball format. SF or 2qb (undecided on which)/TE premium/ppr/points for 1st downs

25 man rosters, 4 IR, 4 Taxi Squad. Taxi Squad are rookies only. Once removed from taxi squad, they cannot go back.
11 starters
qb
rb
rb
wr
wr
wr
te
Super flex
flex
flex
flex

if anyone's interested

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SF/2QB...just as well be the same damned thing. The only difference is, in SF you don't have to take a zero if you're the poor bastard that doesn't have 4 decent QB's on your team once you get into byes and injuries. But you just as well take the zero, because without a QB in your SF to counter your opponents QB in his SF, yer effed anyways.

too many starting positions for my liking, and the QB is insanely overvalued in those...not for me.
Good luck to ya though and post the startup again

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the one I was drafting in folded, a handful of us that were in the "groupme" and had been yacking decided to just make a new league. League fee is $35, will draft as soon as filled, slow draft.

It will be best ball format. SF or 2qb (undecided on which)/TE premium/ppr/points for 1st downs

25 man rosters, 4 IR, 4 Taxi Squad. Taxi Squad are rookies only. Once removed from taxi squad, they cannot go back.
11 starters
qb
rb
rb
wr
wr
wr
te
Super flex
flex
flex
flex

if anyone's interested

does best ball mean no dynasty??

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kind of seems weird to me to have a dynasty and best ball...

will trades be allowed during the off seasons??

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kind of seems weird to me to have a dynasty and best ball...

will trades be allowed during the off seasons??
Yep. Yeah its a different setup for sure. Why wouldnt trades be allowed i can double check

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SF/2QB...just as well be the same damned thing. The only difference is, in SF you don't have to take a zero if you're the poor bastard that doesn't have 4 decent QB's on your team once you get into byes and injuries. But you just as well take the zero, because without a QB in your SF to counter your opponents QB in his SF, yer effed anyways.

too many starting positions for my liking, and the QB is insanely overvalued in those...not for me.
Good luck to ya though and post the startup again
Dont disagree. Especially on the starters. The SF vs 2qb just removes the you have to start 2qb requirements…. But doesnt make them less valuable. The few points for first downs for skill position players brings the scoring up to the qb slightly as well.

But its a new challenge for me. Also some new faces to battle. If it sucks, it sucks, dynastys always post orphan teams.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Yeah its a different setup for sure. Why wouldnt trades be allowed i can double check

if its best ball, you definitely cant have trades during the season... kind of defeats the purpose of a draft and forget type league... really so does dynasty in general...

BB is intended as draft and forget...

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if its best ball, you definitely cant have trades during the season... kind of defeats the purpose of a draft and forget type league... really so does dynasty in general...

BB is intended as draft and forget...
Its a different formart, think it has its place. Ive seen it used alot in dynasty circles.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a different formart, think it has its place. Ive seen it used alot in dynasty circles.
I dunno what to think about the whole best ball thing...on one hand, its great if you want more leagues, but don't have the time to dive deep into a lot of the things, and you're not a "tinkerer"...on the other hand, for me, those are the things I enjoy the most. And, imho, those are the things that separate the "skill" and the "luck". It's debatable as to how much skill actually helps, but there are reasons that the same guys are always in the playoffs/finals year after year.

Probably not for me, but I get the appeal for others

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno what to think about the whole best ball thing...on one hand, its great if you want more leagues, but don't have the time to dive deep into a lot of the things, and you're not a "tinkerer"...on the other hand, for me, those are the things I enjoy the most. And, imho, those are the things that separate the "skill" and the "luck". It's debatable as to how much skill actually helps, but there are reasons that the same guys are always in the playoffs/finals year after year.

Probably not for me, but I get the appeal for others
Yeah i agree they actually just voted to take away the best ball
Format.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah i agree they actually just voted to take away the best ball
Format.

again that makes more sense... i just dont think you can have a best ball and dynasty.. Best ball is a draft and forget... if you want to be active during the season, then that takes away the purpose of the best ball...

I am not surprised best ball dynasties are becoming more popular as it is a lazy man's league... but that has to be because these public leagues have too much turnover, and have people abandoning their teams from the getco...

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
again that makes more sense... i just dont think you can have a best ball and dynasty.. Best ball is a draft and forget... if you want to be active during the season, then that takes away the purpose of the best ball...

I am not surprised best ball dynasties are becoming more popular as it is a lazy man's league... but that has to be because these public leagues have too much turnover, and have people abandoning their teams from the getco...
Soooo interested?

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was actually debating whether I should add another league until you said they ditched the best ball.