• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dynasty League Keeper Debate

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is more valuable in a dynasty keeper league?:

Daniel Norris
Marcus Stroman
Jose De Leon

And how valuable is Matt Wieters these days?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is more valuable in a dynasty keeper league?:

Daniel Norris
Marcus Stroman
Jose De Leon

And how valuable is Matt Wieters these days?

Stroman is the most proven of the 3 so I would say him...

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on how many you are keeping

If I listed them:
Marcus Stroman, Daniel Norris, and Jose DeLeon.

Weiters is way down the list of Catchers in my mind because of his injury issues.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see being more intrigued by De Leon... Norris and Stroman do not have the top-2 upside, imo.

But I agree, Stroman has proven something already. (I think he needs to adjust or he's in trouble) Norris looks okay, sometimes. In a good spot for now, wouldn't expect greatness, but wouldn't expect bust either.

Wieters is a dime a dozen.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, Stroman. DeLeon would be a lot more interesting if he didn't have the shoulder issues in the past. I think he's more of a wait-and-see guy.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see being more intrigued by De Leon... Norris and Stroman do not have the top-2 upside, imo.

But I agree, Stroman has proven something already. (I think he needs to adjust or he's in trouble) Norris looks okay, sometimes. In a good spot for now, wouldn't expect greatness, but wouldn't expect bust either.

Wieters is a dime a dozen.
I like Norris a lot.

He has the most upside of the Tigers young arms imo. (Essentially I'm saying more than Fulmer. Boyd may not be a starter.)

But he also is the furthest from a polished product. He not effectively wild with consistency yet. I don't think he will ever be a low walk type. But I think he can be a low damage, decent strikeout rate guy.

That won't necissarily be this season, but he'll get run support in the here and now.

I'm holding Stromans stature against him in the long run. Might be judgmental of me, but he's fighting an uphill battle.

Wieters is well past prime imo. Part time player role on the horizon.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Norris a lot.

He has the most upside of the Tigers young arms imo. (Essentially I'm saying more than Fulmer. Boyd may not be a starter.)

But he also is the furthest from a polished product. He not effectively wild with consistency yet. I don't think he will ever be a low walk type. But I think he can be a low damage, decent strikeout rate guy.

That won't necissarily be this season, but he'll get run support in the here and now.

I'm holding Stromans stature against him in the long run. Might be judgmental of me, but he's fighting an uphill battle.

Wieters is well past prime imo. Part time player role on the horizon.

Funny, I was going to bring Norris up; Philabuster loves him, won't give him up for anything in our dynasty league. Maybe I'll have to try a little harder.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny, I was going to bring Norris up; Philabuster loves him, won't give him up for anything in our dynasty league. Maybe I'll have to try a little harder.
Coming into last year I kinda looked at his upside like I did Gio 6-7 years ago. (His current franchise doesn't trade every good hitter that costs money though. Gio's did.)

But it took Gio till he was 30 to get his BB/9 down to 3. Norris stayed under that at 23. (It was in 2015 too, but as a minor leaguer.)

Good luck prying him from Philabuster. Lol. I'm trying to be impartial as a Tigers fan, but Id have a hard time dealing his in Dynasty, even though I'm trying.