• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dux fire Boudreau

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My wife was so happy to hear that.
Only thing is what do they do now?
Bruce got the most out of his guys in the regular season. Maybe too much (?)
If the Ducks don't make the playoffs next year I think the GM is gone next

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Color me shocked. Should have been fired last year after losing to the Hawks in Game 7 at home in the WCFs. This has been a repeated pattern with him for 10 years, and he has had loaded rosters both times with Washington and Anaheim. Coincidentally, he has been behind the wheel for 3 straight Game 7 home losses with the Caps (2008-10) and 4 with Anaheim (2013-16).

I'm sure he is a good guy but there are coaches littered throughout history in the NHL who have compiled massive RS success but can't replicate that when the clock turns April. We don't need to look too far, Terry Murray was instrumental in getting the Kings into a defensive team but he didn't have that extra push necessary to make them champions - Sutter was necessary for that even though Murray was a good coach for LA.

Curious to know where he will end up next and I agree, Murray is on the hot seat next.

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I heard the Sens are interested in Bruce. This isn't shocking move and was necessary, as Puck said. Can't translate the RS into the PO though part of me thinks that some of the blame falls on the players. Speaking of the players, the Ducks also has some personnel decisions to make this summer so it will be interesting to see what they do. Part of me wanted Bruce to stay just because, if it game to a game 7, I would have the confidence that the likely outcome is a victory for the opposite team.