• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dustin Brown

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to TSN he's in play now as well. I'd love to see the Flyers make up a package and try to get him and Bernier. Something like Read, Bob & a 2nd should do it(I think). Brown is the type of forward this teams needs to have come playoffs times. He's a hard working, gritty, physical forward who plays much bigger then he his & is good for 50-60 its a season(this year LA's offense has been horrid so it's a bot low right now). He also has a cap hit of 3.175m a yr for the next 3 which is easily manageable, plus if we did get him with Bernier his hit is 1.25m which is a slight break over Bob and would be huge insurance for Bryz at this point and could segway to dealing Bryz if we can find someone to take him.

Back to my original point, of Brown is available then Homer needs to makes calls and then make it happen, he'd be a great addition to this team. He'd be way more useful the Ott.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to TSN he's in play now as well. I'd love to see the Flyers make up a package and try to get him and Bernier. Something like Read, Bob & a 2nd should do it(I think). Brown is the type of forward this teams needs to have come playoffs times. He's a hard working, gritty, physical forward who plays much bigger then he his & is good for 50-60 its a season(this year LA's offense has been horrid so it's a bot low right now). He also has a cap hit of 3.175m a yr for the next 3 which is easily manageable, plus if we did get him with Bernier his hit is 1.25m which is a slight break over Bob and would be huge insurance for Bryz at this point and could segway to dealing Bryz if we can find someone to take him.

Back to my original point, of Brown is available then Homer needs to makes calls and then make it happen, he'd be a great addition to this team. He'd be way more useful the Ott.
I think the Kings are done. They got there guy in Carter. I doubt they move either Bernier or Brown.

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, I don't see the Kings dumping players when they are still in the thick of things, they currently sit in 8th place yet the Flames may bump them into 9th tonight, either way I just don't see it..

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno according to the tsn guys they're dangling both of em. Im just saying if they are we should step in and help them unload them both, but atleast brown.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno according to the tsn guys they're dangling both of em. Im just saying if they are we should step in and help them unload them both, but atleast brown.

I know I want to fucking strangle both of our goalies. In particular Bryzy. Can this piece of shit leave town and never come back. Trade him for a bag of pucks. This is just aweful. I don't see any positive coming out of him. Homer has to at least entertain the idea of trading him? This is the Achilles heel for us.

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well yea if their out there then we should def see what the asking price is, Unless they are just looking for a certain role to be filled then we may not have what they want..

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't see why homer wouldn't trade bryz, in fact I'm sure he's tried. Bryz's or Briere's contract need to go though.

I know LA is gonna need more then just carter to fix their scoring and soon they won't be able to afford to pay both quick and bernier. I just think giving up read, bob & possibly a pick for brown & bernier makes us a lot better. I'm sure the price will be kinda high, but I think we could pull it off.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't see why homer wouldn't trade bryz, in fact I'm sure he's tried. Bryz's or Briere's contract need to go though.

I know LA is gonna need more then just carter to fix their scoring and soon they won't be able to afford to pay both quick and bernier. I just think giving up read, bob & possibly a pick for brown & bernier makes us a lot better. I'm sure the price will be kinda high, but I think we could pull it off.

I have not seen a lot of Bernier to be honest. I'm going by his hype. Is he really a proven goaltender or is he just being hyped? Quick on the other hand I'd give up a bunch for him.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have not seen a lot of Bernier to be honest. I'm going by his hype. Is he really a proven goaltender or is he just being hyped? Quick on the other hand I'd give up a bunch for him.

Bernier is damn good he's be most team's starter, but is stuck behind quick because he's been amazing this year. I've actually seen quite a few kings games this year and the ones I've seen bernier play I've been very impressed & I just live the kind of player Brown is.

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bernier has been impressive from time to time but not consistantly good, he is only 3-5 0-1 this year which isn't very telling I guess, Who knows some times Goalies just land in the right spot, Philly just seems to be the goalies version of the Bermuda Triangle, lol..

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bernier has been impressive from time to time but not consistantly good, he is only 3-5 0-1 this year which isn't very telling I guess, Who knows some times Goalies just land in the right spot, Philly just seems to be the goalies version of the Bermuda Triangle, lol..

I think 3 of the 4 games I've seen Bernier the kings offense has done shit to help him and he stood on his head most of the game.

That being said back to my original topic. What do you think is a fair price for Brown?

I'd give up Read and a 2nd/3rd or a prospect like Gusty/Wellwood/Zolnerchyk.

It'd be awesome to get Brown in here, he'd give this team a real kick in the ass. Lines would be...

Harts-G-Jagr/Simmonds
JVR-Schenn-Vorachek
Brown-Briere-Jagr/Simmonds
Talbot-Couturier-Rinaldo

I'd still much rather se Briere gone, then our lines could be

Harts-G-Jagr/Simmonds
JVR-Schenn-Vorachek
Brown-Couturier-Jagr/Simmonds
Rinaldo-Talbot-Wellwood/Sestito(when he's healthy)

I like the 2nd set a lot better, Cooter doesn't deserve to be buried and then we have about 13m in cap to sign defensemen in the offseason which we will be in desperate need of.

TimKerrRules#12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Brown is that playoff type player, shocked to hear LA would shop him. Love to see him in Philly, but depends on how much they would want for him, and likely it would be too much.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
apparently he's off the block now, but I kinda don't believe that. I'm guessing either the asking price was ridiculous or Lombardi got yelled at by the higher-ups for even thinking about moving their captain while they're in a playoff race.

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I think you underestimate Bernier's value. If they are going to send a young, future starter our way I don't see why they would want one back?

Bernier alone is going to cost us a 1st rounder or a JvR type player.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you underestimate Bernier's value. If they are going to send a young, future starter our way I don't see why they would want one back?

Bernier alone is going to cost us a 1st rounder or a JvR type player.

Bernier was more of an added bonus to me, I really want Brown. The only reason I thought Bob going back would work is because Bernier is arguably closer to being a starter now, where as Bob could use another year or 2 with the limited play time he's gotten this year, so LA may be ok signing him to a 1 yr deal for Bob once his current contract is up then see where they are.

Again Brown is my real target and should be the Flyers if he's available. I don't see Brown being worth JVR, I still love Read but I think trading him is closer to value and would actually fill a lot of the gaps trading Brown leaves, but gives them a possible upgrade in offensive production.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LA is/was desperate for scoring help....why would they dump Brown then?