• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

durants last season at golden state....

where will kd play after this next season?

• Total voters

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back to thread topic...

I'm triple convinced my theory on KD is how it'll go. Just makes too much sense. Dude plays this year there, likely title and another FMVP. Klay re-ups, the Fab Four run it back one more time, another ring and FMVP. Not to mention, he gets to win a title to open up the new SF location, that he broke ground on. He can be part of it.

Now KD has more rings than LeBron.

LeBron is now older. LeBron may not add. Meanwhile KD has 4 already and is in striking distance of the big guy, at 6. If KD wants ANY shot at top 10 player of all time he needs to collect rings.

But now, the Ws have Draymond to deal with. This is the perfect time for the Ws to revamp (keep Klay trade Dray or other way), so KD can go find a team to build up and be 'his', with a solid sidekick or two. KD tries to win 2 more (or better yet 3) with the new approach.

Warriors dynasty ends but what a run, 5 titles in 6 freaking years. That's enough.

Last edited:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back to thread topic...

I'm triple convinced my theory on KD is how it'll go. Just makes too much sense. Dude plays this year there, likely title and another FMVP. Klay re-ups, the Fab Four run it back one more time, another ring and FMVP. Not to mention, he gets to win a title to open up the new SF location, that he broke ground on. He can be part of it.

Now KD has more rings than LeBron.

LeBron is now older. LeBron may not add. Meanwhile KD has 4 already and is in striking distance of the big guy, at 6. If KD wants ANY shot at top 10 player of all time he needs to collect rings.

But now, the Ws have Draymond to deal with. This is the perfect time for the Ws to revamp (keep Klay trade Dray or other way), so KD can go find a team to build up and be 'his', with a solid sidekick or two. KD tries to win 2 more (or better yet 3) with the new approach.

Warriors dynasty ends but what a run, 5 titles in 6 freaking years. That's enough.

I have not heard anybody say it, but might be too good to pass up.

KD to Philly this summer?

Why not?

He would get at least 3 more in Philly

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have not heard anybody say it, but might be too good to pass up.

KD to Philly this summer?

Why not?

He would get at least 3 more in Philly
Probably the only other realistic option, yes. But then he is stepping into an established group again. Not as much as the Ws but not the same as moving to a team that would be "his" from the jump. I dunno, either makes sense but my scenario just seems so easy. He could always go there in 2 years

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably the only other realistic option, yes. But then he is stepping into an established group again. Not as much as the Ws but not the same as moving to a team that would be "his" from the jump. I dunno, either makes sense but my scenario just seems so easy. He could always go there in 2 years

If he wants to win more rings than MJ, that is how.

Because he would be the best player on Philly like he is in GS. And if he were to finish his career with like 8 rings and 6 Finals MVPs, he would have to rank pretty high on all time lists.

Can't be ahead of the true icons like LeBron, MJ, Kareem and Magic without a handful of MVP awards, but KD would rank pretty high.

Maybe he goes somewhere like NY to chase MVPs though. Hard to say.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marcus Thompson of the Athletic (one of the best and most reliable of Warriors sources) just gave an interview with KNBR. Here's what he said about KD after this year:

“Man, KD out,” Thompson told Murph and Mac. “I feel like he is gone… It does have that vibe, like, ‘This is it. This could be it right here.'”

“Here’s the hard part with KD: we don’t know what he wants,” Thompson said. “I don’t know that he knows what he wants. But I know the Warriors don’t know fully what he wants. Is it a championship, supremacy, is it to be the ace?”

“It feels like he has gotten everything he could possibly get from the Warriors, and it’s still not 100 percent like he wants to be here,” Thompson said. “If it was like a relationship, like, ‘Look, man. I gave you all I got. You still looking— you might as well just go.’ That’s how it feels.”

Marcus Thompson on Durant’s free agency: ‘Man, KD out. I feel like he is gone’ | KNBR-AM

I'm leaning towards 60/40 that KD is likely leaving after the year. From a cohesion stand point it actually makes being able to pay Klay and Draymond much easier without that financial constraint. Wild card here is: BOOGIE. What does he elect to do after the season, and what offers will he have? If KD leaves, it's entirely possible the Warriors lock Klay up fast with a max, then offer Boogie a deal. Maybe just another 1 year deal, but they could pay him more. I think if the Warriors non-guarantee Livingstons deal, even after Klay's big caphold number they'd have 10M or so to give to Boogie. They could offer him a bigger role the following year and after a solid season injury free, he could be in line for a great pay day. He'll be 29 at that time, so he'd be in line for a potential max.

It'll be interesting to see what teams offer Boogie in the off-season, but it remains an additional possibility if KD leaves.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why anyone would leave warriors. They can just keep going they Are so much more talented than everyone else

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marcus Thompson of the Athletic (one of the best and most reliable of Warriors sources) just gave an interview with KNBR. Here's what he said about KD after this year:

“Man, KD out,” Thompson told Murph and Mac. “I feel like he is gone… It does have that vibe, like, ‘This is it. This could be it right here.'”

“Here’s the hard part with KD: we don’t know what he wants,” Thompson said. “I don’t know that he knows what he wants. But I know the Warriors don’t know fully what he wants. Is it a championship, supremacy, is it to be the ace?”

“It feels like he has gotten everything he could possibly get from the Warriors, and it’s still not 100 percent like he wants to be here,” Thompson said. “If it was like a relationship, like, ‘Look, man. I gave you all I got. You still looking— you might as well just go.’ That’s how it feels.”

Marcus Thompson on Durant’s free agency: ‘Man, KD out. I feel like he is gone’ | KNBR-AM

I'm leaning towards 60/40 that KD is likely leaving after the year. From a cohesion stand point it actually makes being able to pay Klay and Draymond much easier without that financial constraint. Wild card here is: BOOGIE. What does he elect to do after the season, and what offers will he have? If KD leaves, it's entirely possible the Warriors lock Klay up fast with a max, then offer Boogie a deal. Maybe just another 1 year deal, but they could pay him more. I think if the Warriors non-guarantee Livingstons deal, even after Klay's big caphold number they'd have 10M or so to give to Boogie. They could offer him a bigger role the following year and after a solid season injury free, he could be in line for a great pay day. He'll be 29 at that time, so he'd be in line for a potential max.

It'll be interesting to see what teams offer Boogie in the off-season, but it remains an additional possibility if KD leaves.

KD will never be part of the modern dynasty the way the founding 3 are. And that's fine. There's no question he leaves the Warriors it's just a matter of after this year or next.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn’t it kind of do the Warriors want Klay or Durant. Durant doesn’t seem like his motive is to have the most money. Just be comfortable in his surroundings.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn’t it kind of do the Warriors want Klay or Durant. Durant doesn’t seem like his motive is to have the most money. Just be comfortable in his surroundings.

Hard to say. The "consensus" seems to be that KD is the most likely to move on.

I think KD may be doing something similar to what Lebron did when he went to Miami. Except I don't see him returning to OKC like Lebron did with Cleveland.

He wasn't part of the original 3 of Steph, Klay and Dray, so he has less incentive to stick around.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I used to think Cowherd was OK but he is really just like most tv/radio hosts. He says stuff just to get attention sometimes but more so with him he tries to change his stories once he figures out how wrong he was or says he wasn't wrong. He will downplay all of that but then he will praise himself the one time he is right over and over and over. I actually think he is pretty knowledgeable he just gets carried away at being an attention whore.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to think Cowherd was OK but he is really just like most tv/radio hosts. He says stuff just to get attention sometimes but more so with him he tries to change his stories once he figures out how wrong he was or says he wasn't wrong. He will downplay all of that but then he will praise himself the one time he is right over and over and over. I actually think he is pretty knowledgeable he just gets carried away at being an attention whore.

Looking back at this thread, the regular season has happened and it's definitely changed my opinion on KD. In earlier posts here I said it makes too much sense for him to stay one more year. With how things have transpired I will be pretty shocked if he stays (20% chance?). As far as destination, sure the Knicks have to be up there (with Kyrie presumably). Feels like the media there would not be good for Mr. Emo but he's not stupid, he knows the deal there.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking back at this thread, the regular season has happened and it's definitely changed my opinion on KD. In earlier posts here I said it makes too much sense for him to stay one more year. With how things have transpired I will be pretty shocked if he stays (20% chance?). As far as destination, sure the Knicks have to be up there (with Kyrie presumably). Feels like the media there would not be good for Mr. Emo but he's not stupid, he knows the deal there.

I'm on the fence now too. No clue where he would go Knicks, Clippers...who really knows but he doesn't seem to enjoy this ride with GS anymore like he did in the past. He seems like a very angry person, getting T's left and right. I just don't think he likes where is legacy is headed. I don't know how he is feeling but just by watching him...he isn't enjoying the game too worried about social media, the refs and getting credit for his accomplishments imo.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's entirely possible that Durant leaves, but I think if he does, it'll be to a team that he can help build around himself. I could see Brooklyn as a great destination or maybe even the Knicks if they're able to clear significant cap space.

Posted in July. Boom.

#objectivity

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will go to the Cavs to play with Sexton and Zion. What a trio this will be.