• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dubs in China 2013 Edition

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More from the Dub's Trip to the Wall

Anyone watch Dub TV on a regular basis? Is it free/good?

Things of Note

Mugsy Bogues got onto the trip somehow

Everything I see Guber, I think of his ownership with the LA Dodgers, I just want to Boo loudly

Everytime I see one of those larger Blue Tour buses, my back aches, good for short trips, but when you go long distances, not so much.

bigjoerico

72 is my year!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to wake up for work at 4am so I have both games recorded. I hope Seth starts getting a little more time so we can see what he can do as a point.

_so_money_

Dubmaster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping that playing in China will spur them to raise their game and not just walk through the motions. It's a big event with probably millions of people watching, Steph thrives on that kind of spotlight. Don't want anyone getting reckless and injured, but let's see a little Showtime. I wasn't really happy with the effort in the first 3 games, they need to wake up and start getting serious, there's only 4 more games before the regular seasons starts.

I guess I'm getting old, back in the day I would have stayed up all night and watched this game live, now at least there is TiVo.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like David Lee does not want to give up his spot to Harrison Barnes.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like David Lee does not want to give up his spot to Harrison Barnes.

I'm watching the game now, but I don't think HB will start over D. Lee barring injuries.

1) HB's Toe
2) Klay has played well off the bench
3) HB can't guard most of the starting 4's in the league, back up 4's yes.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st quarter observations

1) Kaman was on fire for LAL
2) Bogut's energy and chemistry with Steph on P & R was really nice
3) DLee's jumper looks smooth this year
4) Dubs overall energy was nice, good hustle on defense
5) The NBA TV announcers were tuurrrible, couldn't they have flown out Brent Barry/Mike Fratello for this game?

bigjoerico

72 is my year!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the game last night and Dlee looked really good. Steph and Klay fought thru some bad bounces at the rim and showed up in the second half.
AI just goes with the flow and his defense is relentless.
Speaking of Defense, Tony Douglas is a real defender and he's going to give PG's fits during the regular season.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st quarter observations

1) Kaman was on fire for LAL
2) Bogut's energy and chemistry with Steph on P & R was really nice
3) DLee's jumper looks smooth this year
4) Dubs overall energy was nice, good hustle on defense
5) The NBA TV announcers were tuurrrible, couldn't they have flown out Brent Barry/Mike Fratello for this game?

Kaman was an excellent pickup for the Lakers. He's one of the more under-rated big men in the league.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the game last night and Dlee looked really good. Steph and Klay fought thru some bad bounces at the rim and showed up in the second half.
AI just goes with the flow and his defense is relentless.
Speaking of Defense, Tony Douglas is a real defender and he's going to give PG's fits during the regular season.

Douglass' brother plays for the Atlanta Falcons.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last thoughts on the rest of the Lakers game

Our transition defense needs to improve, spacing, rotating, all of the above.

Offense wasn't really moving well with Douglas in the game, there were a few P & R with Tony and JO that ended badly.

I think the Dubs missed HB a lot, he would have brought the energy and brought some fans to their feet with crazy dunks.

Bogut's left handed tips/ floaters, hook shots haven't improved since last year. Needs to just bring it down and go strong with the right hand everytime.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More Video's from Dubs

LOL @ Klay for the Angry Birds toy.

If you guys haven't been to a "market place" like they have over there, its an experience. Clerks will chase you down and offer you lower prices if you seem interested, so bargaining is a must.

The smog looked bad in the videos, 23 million folks and counting, air quality isn't always the best.

ChuckDurn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
More Video's from Dubs

LOL @ Klay for the Angry Birds toy.

If you guys haven't been to a "market place" like they have over there, its an experience. Clerks will chase you down and offer you lower prices if you seem interested, so bargaining is a must.

The smog looked bad in the videos, 23 million folks and counting, air quality isn't always the best.

Heading back over there in a couple of weeks, think it's my 4th time to Shanghai this year and at least 20th overall. Klay didn't go to the best place for shopping, but looks like he had fun just dabbling. It would have been more entertaining for them to trail him or another Warrior player down Nanjing Road at night..... let's just say that they aren't just selling bags and watches at that point.....

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heading back over there in a couple of weeks, think it's my 4th time to Shanghai this year and at least 20th overall. Klay didn't go to the best place for shopping, but looks like he had fun just dabbling. It would have been more entertaining for them to trail him or another Warrior player down Nanjing Road at night..... let's just say that they aren't just selling bags and watches at that point.....

Yeah, some places definitely "adults only" after hours.

Sorta disappointed that they didn't hit up and Dumpling places, fresh and delicious from the source over there.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks to silly blackout restrictions , my recording of the Dubs vs Lakers 2 in China was blacked out.

I'll have to catch the game tonight..

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game recap from Shanghai

1) Bogut getting hurt shadowed what was great effort from the AI, and the Dubs 2nd/3rd units

2) Baze was out of control early on, seems like he's trying too hard. Fitz and JB said it best, Baze was playing better when he didn't have to create for others, and just allowed to be a shooter. They even said "this is how you play yourself out of the rotation". He managed to hit some shots later on, but make his stat line respectable, but against the 2nd team of the Lakers, he looked really bad.

3) The young un's looked good. Nedo got a opportunity to show his talents, had a few sloppy TO"s, but you can see he's going to be a capable back up.

Kuzmic really Impressed me. Seems to have a high basketball IQ, doesn't force shots, and still made his presence known on defense. I could see him getting minutes over Speights when Dubs want to
really clamp down.

Dedmon is still raw, to me he's probably most likely going to spend this year down in Santa Cruz trying to find consistency, he has arm length and height for days, but isn't NBA ready yet.

Seth Curry, I wanted this guy to fit in and find his nitche as a bench scorer, but his jumper wasn't there, and he missed some easy shots early and late in the game. He doesn't have Steph's size or experience, and isn't a defender like Douglas or Nedo. Seth would probably be my pick to be waved

Lastly, besides AI, it was the Draymond Green show, DG was everywhere, rebounding , shooting, playing defense, initiating the offense. At times it looked like there were 3 of him on the floor scrambling for loose balls. He took full advantage of the PT.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CD you make it to Beijing yet? Here's what your missing

When I think of Beijing now, I think of LA Smog x 1,000,000,000,000....

Sad to see what can happen to a place so beautiful without rules and laws to prevent it. Its what we have to look forward to here in the states if we don't get our act together.