• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

DT Malik McDowell expected to be released

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What’s the reason he can’t play ? I heard he had a concussion but you do get over those in time... What exactly happened injury wise that’s pushing the Seahawks to release him ?

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What’s the reason he can’t play ? I heard he had a concussion but you do get over those in time... What exactly happened injury wise that’s pushing the Seahawks to release him ?

Maybe he has possible career ending injuries? I haven't heard a thing so throwing darts in the dark.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It came to light last week through Yahoo! Sports Charles Robinson that McDowell suffered extensive eye and brain trauma but outside of that, the information has been slim pickings on the former Michigan State standout. Carroll echoed the information they have remains limited while Schneider reminded some of what they do know can't be made available for public consumption.

Pete Carroll: No good update on Malik McDowell in a long time

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It came to light last week through Yahoo! Sports Charles Robinson that McDowell suffered extensive eye and brain trauma but outside of that, the information has been slim pickings on the former Michigan State standout. Carroll echoed the information they have remains limited while Schneider reminded some of what they do know can't be made available for public consumption.

Pete Carroll: No good update on Malik McDowell in a long time

Ah ... interesting, thanks for that ..

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's probably one of those deals where he could play, but doing so would expose him to significantly more risk of a life-changing type injury. These guys are football players for a very brief window of time.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seahawks taking Green in the 3rd is the final nail in the coffin. The injuries are serious enough that McDowell’s NFL career is basically over and reports were he wasn’t the brightest star in the universe, even before the injury.
The eye and brain trauma wasn’t slight. It appears to be a career ender type of thing and most NFL teams don’t want to risk playing him at this point. Could take years to recover.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seahawks taking Green in the 3rd is the final nail in the coffin. The injuries are serious enough that McDowell’s NFL career is basically over and reports were he wasn’t the brightest star in the universe, even before the injury.
The eye and brain trauma wasn’t slight. It appears to be a career ender type of thing and most NFL teams don’t want to risk playing him at this point. Could take years to recover.

Not to mention the fact that arrest video of him is pretty embarrassing. If I recall, he was drunk and started throwing bottles on the ground.

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had alot of upside too what a shame

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So McDowell still is on the team? I guess they are still holding out hope for him this year.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So McDowell still is on the team? I guess they are still holding out hope for him this year.

He's also on the cheap so the FO wants to give it some more time to see if he can recover.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they gave away his jersey # though.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when this first came out i felt it was a orbital socket injury which is caused by a massive blow to the face and eye area. The orbital socket has a very thin wall easy to break and those pieces can be pushed into the brain case. If he has little floating pieces of bone in there then yeah playing football could kill him.

If you go out riding ATV, Motorcycles and or even off roading do yourself a favor and ware a full face helmet. Be safe and protect your selves. One small mistake can instantly change your life and those around you in a traumatic way. Be Safe.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Malik Mcdowell released today with nonfootball injury designation.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when this first came out i felt it was a orbital socket injury which is caused by a massive blow to the face and eye area. The orbital socket has a very thin wall easy to break and those pieces can be pushed into the brain case. If he has little floating pieces of bone in there then yeah playing football could kill him.

If you go out riding ATV, Motorcycles and or even off roading do yourself a favor and ware a full face helmet. Be safe and protect your selves. One small mistake can instantly change your life and those around you in a traumatic way. Be Safe.

That is the point that everyone who says his ATV accident was just bad luck fails to address. I don't think that he had a helmet on at all. I haven't heard for sure one way or the other but his injuries certainly imply no helmet or at least an open face helmet.

Based in this and the other info that we have on him (pre-draft character concerns, stupid drunken arrest while ranting like an idiot, etc) I wouldn't be surprised if he burned through his money quickly and ends up with further issues.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like he would have been a solid player but with character concerns and I dont think he would have had a long career with the seahawks. If he were an All pro I see him being the type to ask for a crazy contract and not report to camp and be a distraction