• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Drew Lock Time

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This topic is heating up as the Broncos season slide continues. There are two camps:

1. Redshirt Lock this year since he'll get killed behind the Broncos O-line. Let the kid continue to develop and address the line in next year's draft.
  2. Bench Flacco and put Lock in as soon as possible, so he can get some valuable playing time this year.

I'm a strong advocate for option #2. The Broncos absolutely need to know what they have in Drew Lock before they go into next year's draft. If Lock looks like the real deal, the Broncos could focus their first couple of picks on improving the O-line and pass on taking another quarterback. If Lock doesn't show promise, the Broncos can draft another QB in a draft class that looks pretty quarterback rich.

I think Lock has the tools to be a good NFL quarterback but still has footwork and accuracy issues. It would sure be nice to have a QB that can scramble a bit out of the pocket when pressured vs. the statue we have back there right now. Even with the current O-line, he might have more success this year since he has some mobility.

As long as his health is good, I'm hoping Drew Lock is the starter in the game following the Broncos bye week.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if we start Drew Lock starting next week when he is first eligible we may not know if he is going to be the guy or not. Look at RGIII he looked fabulous his first year, and then not so good. Injuries did play a part too. This is part of the reason I was not on the fence about drafting a QB last year. You really need to give them 2 years before you declare them a bust, the franchise QB going forward, or somewhere in between. Add in that what we want to do on offense is a lot of new things he has to learn and he has mechanics to improve on.

At this point I am starting to have doubts that this team can be consistent enough from week to week to end up where they want at the end of the year and thus I would like to see Lock get some time at some point. I like they the staff has handled players so far, and will trust them in their decision with Lock. I think we need to activate him from IR though and then if we end up in a game like the KC game then we can get him in after the game is no longer in doubt to let him get some live game reps to have some of those learning opportunities now at worst case scenario. There were some starting to call him the best QB in camp prior to his injury, so that would lead to some hope that he could come in and be as successful as Joe has been to date, but with possibly a few more turnovers.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with much of what you said. I'm advocating getting Lock going sooner rather than later, so the Broncos can get a larger sample size to help them with their decisions next year. I actually do trust the Broncos current staff. I just hope that they're leaning in my direction!

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is simple play him. the second he is ready to play.

Steelers Need a QB trade them the joe.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. No matter who plays QB, we have a terrible Oline. No sense getting the kid banged up more than he already is behind that disaster.

We have to draft lineman next year; wait till then.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. No matter who plays QB, we have a terrible Oline. No sense getting the kid banged up more than he already is behind that disaster.

We have to draft lineman next year; wait till then.

Matter of opinion. Good or bad O-line, I'd rather he see some action and give the Broncos a peek under the hood. John Elway himself said that he was thrown to the wolves when he was a rookie but learned so much in that time. Just my two cents.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matter of opinion. Good or bad O-line, I'd rather he see some action and give the Broncos a peek under the hood. John Elway himself said that he was thrown to the wolves when he was a rookie but learned so much in that time. Just my two cents.

The condition of the Oline isn't really an opinion; its a fact. How many qbs are successful when thrown to the wolves? Now stop and think; were they a second round draft pick? Did they play within a college offense, or a pro offense?

I think that says more than comparing anyone to Elway, Manning, or even Brady.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The condition of the Oline isn't really an opinion; its a fact. How many qbs are successful when thrown to the wolves? Now stop and think; were they a second round draft pick? Did they play within a college offense, or a pro offense?

I think that says more than comparing anyone to Elway, Manning, or even Brady.

Everyone has their opinion and I'm sticking with mine. Stubborn that way!

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lock has been sitting and watching for 7 games now.

just like AJ play him he might surprise the front office

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they want Lock to red shirt a year, I'm okay with that. But they should still bench Flacco. Give Allen a shot. He couldn't possibly be worse. He may not be better, but he should at least get a shot to prove it.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suspect we will see Lock after the bye week. When we go through the - "everyone's playing for their job" period.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say play Lock as soon as he is physically able. This team has no future with Flacco so what point could there possibly be in letting the 2019 season be an utter waste? If they start Lock they at least can evaluate how far they need to go to get him where they want him to be. Or if he shows a complete lack of progress the team can make a decision to go after a QB early.

They know nothing if they stick with Flacco and ride him to the 6-10/5-11 finish we’re heading toward. I see absolutely no value in sticking with Flacco. At all.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos need to find some sort of offense efficiency. Right now they can't score a TD when they get they get to the red zone regularly enough. This game should not have come down to the Defense having to to stop the Colts in crunch time.

At the same time the Defense had every opportunity to stop them. Von had a chance to to pretty much end the game with a sack at the goal line. The horse collar penalty was a bad call, but turned out that 15 yards was important. Bad calls will happen, the team needs to be able to over come the bad calls and still win. So far that hasn't happened.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos need to find some sort of offense efficiency. Right now they can't score a TD when they get they get to the red zone regularly enough. This game should not have come down to the Defense having to to stop the Colts in crunch time.

At the same time the Defense had every opportunity to stop them. Von had a chance to to pretty much end the game with a sack at the goal line. The horse collar penalty was a bad call, but turned out that 15 yards was important. Bad calls will happen, the team needs to be able to over come the bad calls and still win. So far that hasn't happened.

I don’t think the horse collar was a bad call, I saw his hand inside the shoulder pads, that’s an automatic everytime

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think the horse collar was a bad call, I saw his hand inside the shoulder pads, that’s an automatic everytime

Ok. I saw it different but I probably missed something. It doesn't matter.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So right now we are $16,550,749 under the cap and have a projected $52,281,788 in cap space in 2020. If we were to cut Flacco this year our cap space would be $4,450,749 and 2020 cap space would be $75,931,788. This is per over the cap.

I am all in for taking the cap hit now, and rid ourselves of him. I never liked the thought of Flacco in Denver, but slowly tried to be ok with it. I am sure I would be more supportive of him if we were winning. At this point activate Lock when he is ready. If he is not ready post bye then start Allen with Rypien as the backup. Flacco can start his retirement as I don't think he is going to get any offers.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would bet the redskins would be intrested in a trade for Flacco ..

Maybe this is the bombshell that is sapose to happen after this last game is over this week that a Radio host is claiming is going to happen in Broncos land ..

Some say Broncos are to be sold.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am hoping we trade Callahan and James for a bag of Doritos ..... What a cluster fu## FA we had!

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This topic is heating up as the Broncos season slide continues. There are two camps:

1. Redshirt Lock this year since he'll get killed behind the Broncos O-line. Let the kid continue to develop and address the line in next year's draft.
  2. Bench Flacco and put Lock in as soon as possible, so he can get some valuable playing time this year.

I'm a strong advocate for option #2. The Broncos absolutely need to know what they have in Drew Lock before they go into next year's draft. If Lock looks like the real deal, the Broncos could focus their first couple of picks on improving the O-line and pass on taking another quarterback. If Lock doesn't show promise, the Broncos can draft another QB in a draft class that looks pretty quarterback rich.

I think Lock has the tools to be a good NFL quarterback but still has footwork and accuracy issues. It would sure be nice to have a QB that can scramble a bit out of the pocket when pressured vs. the statue we have back there right now. Even with the current O-line, he might have more success this year since he has some mobility.

As long as his health is good, I'm hoping Drew Lock is the starter in the game following the Broncos bye week.

Flacco isn't the problem MH, he told it in the post game comments...Totally unlike Joe to buck against the system but he is spot on....At least 4 of the games lost were in the last minutes with a FG....
And while I was watching yesterday I said who is calling these plays, Jethro Clampett ?
Horrible play calling and Fangio looks totally lost. Now we know why no one ever hired him as HC all these years, he stinks at it....
I watched them run that same failed run play like 10 times and then again on the 3rd and 5 with less than 2 mins to go....No Guts, terrible clock management, atrocious play calling....Tom Brady couldn't help that mess, man....
Elway and the whole coaching staff needs an overhaul IMO...
You guys should be 7-1 right now but for bad coaching .....

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Broncos activate Lock (I believe that is the only right answer) and Allen struggles (very likely), Lock can come in durning the 2nd half and have little pressure for his debut. Then he gets 2 weeks to prepare for his first start at Minnesota. Not a bad setup to start you career. We will see if it plays out this way.