• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Drew Lock Poll

Do you believe that Drew Lock will be the Broncos long sought after franchise quarterback?

• Definitely. He's our guy!

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • I like him but I'm just not sure yet. Need to see one more season.

Votes: 13 61.9%
  • Doubtful but it's still possible. He would need to show tremendous improvement.

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Nope. Back to the drawing board.

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sutton has begun light running on his repaired knee.
Another good sign. Sutton was certainly the most missed player of this past Bronco's season.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
George Paton called the Broncos "A Sleeping Giant." That's the cue he is not going QB in the 1st round and start a process breaking in a new QB (which always gives the new guy 3-4 years of trying to grow).

I read where Jerry Jeudy and Lock are going to spend the off season working out together - that's a good sign.
Actually it give Paton more time. He can always say I was stuck with the coaching staff and QB. After 1 year we moved on, now I need 3-4 to build the team into my vision.

Not a dumb move by him. It positions himself to have some additional flexibility.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually it give Paton more time. He can always say I was stuck with the coaching staff and QB. After 1 year we moved on, now I need 3-4 to build the team into my vision.

Not a dumb move by him. It positions himself to have some additional flexibility.
Disagree with you on this one "Sleeping Giants" need to wake up - not grow up.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree with you on this one "Sleeping Giants" need to wake up - not grow up.
I am on board with that. We will see what happens this offseason.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today I heard Lock isgoing to work with Jordan Palmer in the offseason. We will see if things get cleaned up there. I wanted to share the video below on Lock's development through the year:

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that we are about a month removed from the season, how are you feeling about Lock? Ready to move on? Give the kid a chance to win the job? Bring a vet and have a QB competition?

I am in the camp of giving Lock another chance because he has the physical tools to potentially be the guy here. We had another year of being teased with better play at the end of the year. I am hoping that Lock ends up on a similar track as Bolles. Remember he was not very good and then 2 years with the same coach turned the corner.

I am on the fence on bringing in a vet with starting experience to hedge your bet, but I do not really want to trade draft capital for guys like Foles. If we can sign Fitzpatrick or Dalton then it is more appealing to me.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ll give him another shot but he needs to have more games like he did against the Panthers and he’ll stick around, if not then he’s done after this year.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to give Lock one more year with better competition/fallback behind him. Driskel did nothing behind him in terms of feeling some heat. If Lock doesn’t get any better in year three then we know we can move on but he has showed enough flashes to make you think , “what if”.. He is definitely better than any other quarterback we have had since our Super Bowl win. Sadly, that isn’t saying a lot. But he does flash tools. I think barring a crazy opportunity for us to obtain a can’t miss QB, we really have to see what we have in year three to love forward or move on.
The other quarterbacks since our Super Bowl win we knew right away they weren’t going to work out.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is he working on his footwork this off season with someone like Jordon Palmer?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well according to some of BroncosNation in my part of CO. Lock is the real deal. But I've also heard these same people say Osweiler, Lynch & Allen were the real deal.

Hopefully Lock's the QB of the future for the team. Since Manning's retirement after the '15 season no team in the league has had more starting QB's. And that's not good.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not gonna lie, this year was BAD for Lock. Tied for the league lead in INTs and had the lowest completion percentage among qualifying QBs. Carson Wentz had the second worst completion percentage but at least he had the excuse of being sacked the most of any QB this year. (Wentz also tied Lock for the league lead in INTs.)

If Lock is a franchise QB, he better be making a huge leap between year 2 and 3. Hopefully getting Sutton and Fant back will help him out a lot next year. But he has to stop turning the ball over. You cannot lead the league in INTs while not even playing the full schedule.
Worse than Cam?
Get rid of him!

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm of the idea that he needs someone like a Dalton to come in and push him during the preseason. But with all the talk about Dak and others, it really looks like he's a 50/50 prospect to even stay on the team.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carson lasted far longer in the NFL than Jordan did. I’d rather be learning from Carson if I was Lock.
The obvious retort is... obvious. So, moving on...

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm of the idea that he needs someone like a Dalton to come in and push him during the preseason. But with all the talk about Dak and others, it really looks like he's a 50/50 prospect to even stay on the team.
I like the idea of Dalton too. He might go to a more needy team.