• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Drew Lock backup

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What say you? Should the Broncos invest in a veteran QB for the backup - bring back Flacco - or ride with Allen and Rypien?

My thought is the Broncos should be playoff contenders next season with Lock in place and with the young nucleus on offense and with Fangio masterminding the defense. Therefore - a vet needs to be brought in to compete for the back up spot and let Rypien or Allen win it away from said vet QB - if they can.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, roll with the young guys at QB to allow for money to be spent at other positions.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably need to spend a bit on someone at backup QB but needs to be minimal keep the ship afloat and offer some veteran presence on a very very young offense. Josh McCown, Chase Daniels, Colt McCoy all come to mind.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the way Flacco slept walked through that first game with the Chiefs I don’t even want him stirring Gatorade for the team on the sidelines! Football has been good to him: he has made more in a season than most of us will make in a lifetime. I have nothing against him as a man, and wish him well in life. But I don’t want to see him back.

if the Broncos are not going to embrace youth at QB for now I prefer they find their vet backup elsewhere. Flacco simply didn’t work in this scheme.

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going forward the Offense needs to be built around Lock. That means that QB2 has to be able to run the same Offense even if he can't do it as well. I think Allen has the physical skills but lacks situational awareness. Rypien may have both but I haven't seen it out of him on a consistent basis at all. I think Flaaco is gone, and I think we should keep Allen at #2 and Rypien at #3 on the Practice Squad going into Training Camp.