• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft's Best Fits

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sure this is somewhere already in some form, but I wanted to know who you think are the best fit for their drafted teams? I'm not talking about best players. Or best future. Just those whose game or skills best matches what their new team does (and presumably what they need).

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lonnie Walker with the Spurs
Grayson Allen with the Jazz
Colin Sexton with the Cavs

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mikal Bridges with the Suns, perfect wing to put next to Booker imo.

Kevin Huerter to ATL is nice, he and Young are going to put on shooting clinics.

Jaren Jackson Jr & Jevon Carter are the PERFECT “Grind City” Grizzlies.

Grayson Allen to Utah is hilarious on many levels, he’s a good fit next to Mitchell. Don’t think he’ll be great but could be a decent role player.

Steals: Khryi Thomas & Kieta Bates-Diop

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers badly needed 3 pt shooting, so Moe and Svi were great picks in that regard. Just wish they were a bit better rounded as players.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel that both Luka Doncic and Trae Young are good fits with their respective teams given their backgrounds and situation.

I think Luka coming from Europe having a mentor like Dirk Nowinski to give him everything he needs to be a successful european player in the NBA and after everything Dirk has done for Dallas and the Mavericks franchise that city im sure is completely open to Luka coming in and being the next face of the franchise.

As far as Trae young I think that for him to flourish he needs to dominate the ball and Atlanta who hasnt had a face for their franchise in forever literally the Falcons have gone through two faces in Mike Vick and now Matt Ryan/ Julio Jones, they need a basketball player and its not like Trae has to share the ball I dont think Shroder will be anything better than a good to really good player, John Collins is young seems like he can be a solid center in the league but bottom line it seems like Young can take it over and stuff the stat sheet and be a public figure in the league

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doncic could not have found a better landing spot in terms of culture.

I like the fit for Wendell Carter Jr, and I think the Bulls are going to make significant strides this year.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers badly needed 3 pt shooting, so Moe and Svi were great picks in that regard. Just wish they were a bit better rounded as players.

agreed, but STILL mad we passed on Robinson...

rim protection imo should've also been a consideration...

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might be a little biased but based on what I've seen from Jacob Evans, I think he's a phenomenal fit for the Warriors. He's exactly the type of wing player they look for to both defend and produce offensively. He's got good length and size and can switch easily on defense. He knocks down 3's at a very proficient rate and he's got some underrated ball skills (but which still need developing). He's basically what they hoped McCaw could be.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are my other best fits:

1) Luka Doncic. Dude hit the jackpot of franchises to go to. He gets to be tutored by one of, if not, the greatest international player ever in Dirk Nowitzki. He gets to play for one of the best coaches in the game in Carlisle and the team is under no pressure to win, so he can develop his skills properly. Great situation for him.

2) Trae Young. Schlenk is going to try to make this Warriors-lite, which means Trae will be a focal point of the team from the get go. They also aren't in a position to compete, which means they should be doing everything they can to let him have the greenest of lights and figure out how to play ball at the NBA level. He won't have to try to mold his game to accommodate his teammates, but he'll be able to just be himself.

3) Donte DiVincenzo. People might think him being stuck behind Middleton might be a weird spot, but for me it's ideal. He's coming off a tournament where he balled out, but I still think he's got a little ways to go before being a complete NBA player. His skill set though will allow him time on the court for a team pushing to make some noise in the playoffs next year. He's a perfect fit next to Giannis.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michael Porter and Doncic. Teams will regret they passed/traded on both. They would fit for any team

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might be a little biased but based on what I've seen from Jacob Evans, I think he's a phenomenal fit for the Warriors. He's exactly the type of wing player they look for to both defend and produce offensively. He's got good length and size and can switch easily on defense. He knocks down 3's at a very proficient rate and he's got some underrated ball skills (but which still need developing). He's basically what they hoped McCaw could be.

...and he allows the Warriors to dump Swaggy "Yayo" P

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grayson Allen with the Jazz.

They love white guards who play dirty in Salt Lake...

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and he allows the Warriors to dump Swaggy "Yayo" P

Swag was gone regardless. He was overall a bust in their free agency last year. Hasn't happened much during the Myers regime, but him and Casspi were their two biggest gets last year and neither of them performed even half to what we thought they were capable of being. Last year we were really missing a capable and consistent wing. In other years we had Barbosa, then Ian Clark and last year there was a huge void. The Warriors will likely look to address that this off-season.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Swag was gone regardless. He was overall a bust in their free agency last year. Hasn't happened much during the Myers regime, but him and Casspi were their two biggest gets last year and neither of them performed even half to what we thought they were capable of being. Last year we were really missing a capable and consistent wing. In other years we had Barbosa, then Ian Clark and last year there was a huge void. The Warriors will likely look to address that this off-season.

Evans is that guy, no?

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evans is that guy, no?

You hope so, but you also have to be realistic in that he's a rookie. It helps that he's a 4 year college player, so generally they're more able to contribute right away but you never know. Asking him to be the immediate backup on a championship caliber team right away is a big ask of any rookie.

I will say though the last two finals the Warriors had rookies playing major roles. 2017 was Pat McCaw and 2018 was Jordan Bell. It could be that Evans carves a niche for himself too, but I'd rather the Warriors at least take a look at the open market to see what's available.

I don't know if he would be willing to re-sign with the Warriors, but one name that I'd really intrigued by would be Seth Curry. He's coming off an injury and could potentially build his status back up being a gunner off the bench. Of course he'd have to play in his brother's shadow, but dude can ball.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doncic could not have found a better landing spot in terms of culture.

I like the fit for Wendell Carter Jr, and I think the Bulls are going to make significant strides this year.
gross.

Carter was one ofthe players I was hoping against hope would not end up in Cleveland.

He is an ordinary big man....those just arent that important in the NBA.

guys like Jackson and Bamba have the athletic ability to be "unicorn's" --- Carter is more of a traditional big. I wouldnt draft one of those guys in the top 10 under any circumstance- especially in today's league.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lonnie Walker with the Spurs
Grayson Allen with the Jazz
Colin Sexton with the Cavs
I like all of those.

With Sexton, whether LeBron stays or goes, he is a great fit. He is precisely the type of player the Cavs needed- an athletic point guard that can push the tempo, score, and create opportunities for teammates. He is a great kid too which I think means a lot in the NBA. His work ethic and motor are off the charts. I will be extremely sad to see him go if he is traded unless it means LeBron is staying--- even though I will be bummed.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3