• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft Weekend is upon us at long last. Also, 3 games will be played. TEX v OAK 7/9-11

BULLPEN FAILURE

Headed to a more competent location
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Won't be around this weekend so I figured I'd get a jump on the thread while I can.

This Sunday, we will finally find out who the Rangers pick with their #2 selection. I've made it pretty clear I'm all in on Leiter, with Rocker and Davis being acceptable picks. Obviously whoever they pick, I will root for a HOF career that coincides with bringing the first championship trophy to Arlington.

As for the games, we've got Lyles, Folty, and Allard. Not expecting a whole lot from them, but hoping for continued improvement from Allard. Gallo will probably hit at least 1 HR.

They'll probably sneak away with a W in this series, but L's help OAK overtake HOU... plus help us get better draft position next year.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Won't be around this weekend so I figured I'd get a jump on the thread while I can.

This Sunday, we will finally find out who the Rangers pick with their #2 selection. I've made it pretty clear I'm all in on Leiter, with Rocker and Davis being acceptable picks. Obviously whoever they pick, I will root for a HOF career that coincides with bringing the first championship trophy to Arlington.

As for the games, we've got Lyles, Folty, and Allard. Not expecting a whole lot from them, but hoping for continued improvement from Allard. Gallo will probably hit at least 1 HR.

They'll probably sneak away with a W in this series, but L's help OAK overtake HOU... plus help us get better draft position next year.

it really is kind of funny but my mindset is like this :

when we are good and trying to compete. Beat Oakland and Houston as much as possible.

when we suck and are trying to draft well. I don’t mind losing to Oakland but still want to beat Houston.

im hoping it’s Leiter too.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can possibly build around any of these three. A good haul for Gallo and Gibson and some select young players like Jung and Huff paint a nice future ahead. Good luck FO.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Jamey Newberg:

A survey of the latest versions of 10 different online mock drafts — published by our own Keith Law, Baseball America, Jim Callis of MLB.com, Jonathan Mayo of MLB.com, Eric Longenhagen and Kevin Goldstein of FanGraphs, Kiley McDaniel of ESPN, Dan Zielinski III of Baseball Prospect Journal, Prospects Live, My MLB Draft and Minor League Madhouse — reveals one consistency: the Pirates will take Mayer. Six of the 10 mock drafts have Texas then taking Leiter, and three project Lawlar. The lone outlier is ESPN’s current projection, which has the Rangers choosing University of Louisville catcher Henry Davis, who factors in between the fourth and sixth pick in the other nine mocks. None has North Carolina high school shortstop Khalil Watson going in the top four, but over the last month, his name has been tied to Texas more often than Davis’ has.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keith Law now has us taking Rocker.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No matter who we pick all of these “experts” will claim they nailed it
I never pay attention to them. It is all luck if anyone gets it right.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why at some point we are going to have to pay top dollar for a couple of players and pay very well for a couple of others in the free agency market. Of course, if you can fill up 20 roster spots or so with guys not making much more than the minimum, on average, then you can afford to spend big for a few players.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No matter who we pick all of these “experts” will claim they nailed it
You know, I don't recall reading where any of them claimed to have nailed it in the past.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some may feel a bit of disdain toward the different mock drafts, but they serve a very useful purpose to me. When viewed overall, as a consensus, they give us a much better idea about how good certain players are relative to others. The same can be said of the various ranking of draftable players.

They are usually done after a lot of conversations and a lot of video watching. There is no exact science involved so they can be very wrong, especially after the top 10 to 15 picks.

They do serve a very useful purpose. Without the mocks and the rankings I would have no idea what to think of any of these draftees.

I think maybe some just don't care for predictions. That is why every year when I ask for predictions about how the season will go, I only get 2 or 3 responses.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ibanez at 1B. Oh my. Well I guess Terry has slowed down. Should be interesting if we open any roster spots soon