• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft talk time

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked Domonique Foxworths take. (paraphrase)If I jam Metcalf, I am going to get knocked back and it looks ugly, but I won that battle. Passing is timing and the QB has already looked elsewhere. I may get a prettier jam on a smaller receiver, but if I miss it is a touchdown.

That was a good take by Foxworth but the fact remains many of these CFB receivers will find it a little more difficult in the NFL getting releases off the LOS - some more than others no matter what their size/strength is - not solely DeVonta Smith either

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This draft will most definitely be intriguing as it unfolds over those 3 days and yet we still will need at least another draft, if not two more, to get a grasp of what their tendencies are.

I'm excited to see what lies ahead.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: Detroit Lions waive TE Hunter Bryant with non-football injury - Pride Of Detroit

This move comes as a bit of a surprise. Last year, Bryant made the Lions’ 53-man roster as an undrafted rookie out of Washington. He made a very strong impression in training camp and was poised to make an impact with the team in 2020. However, Bryant battled a hamstring injury to start the year and suffered a concussion in the middle of the season. He would end up playing in just five contests, making a single catch for 44 yards.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^^^

I Cannot wait to watch DeVonta Smith win offensive rookie of the year

As a Detroit Lion

And he is most likely the worst we could do at 7 because of all the QBs going ahead of us. We are going to end up with a great player if we stay at that spot.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2021 NFL Draft: Buying or selling the latest risers and fallers | NFL Draft | PFF

RISER

OT LIAM EICHENBERG, NOTRE DAME: BUY​

There is a small, small chance we could hear Eichenberg’s name called late in Round 1 depending on if we see a run of tackles, but either way, he now looks like an early second-round pick. While he has shorter arms and doesn't stack up athletically to Texas' Sam Cosmi or North Dakota State's Dillon Radunz, he is NFL-ready from a technical standpoint and, as noted in PFF's 2021 NFL Draft Guide, has one of the highest floors in the class.

Eichenberg played more than 2,600 snaps over the past three years and showed notable growth throughout that span; his PFF grade improved from 63.1 to 80.5 to 89.9. Over the past two years, Eichenberg didn’t allow a single sack. In 2020, there was only one blemish on his grading profile from a pass-protection standpoint — in Week 6 against Florida State when he played with his left eye swollen shut. Take that game out of the equation and he is the third-highest-graded Power Five tackle in pass protection. Talk about a true football guy.

He does need to work on his hand usage, as he won’t get away with throwing a two-handed punch in the NFL, but Eichenberg looks like the next Notre Dame offensive lineman to blossom into a quality starter at the next level.
He was not even a day 2 pick a month and a half ago. I had him as one of my steal picks but looks like the cat is out of the bag on him and my Stanford lineman.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2021 NFL Mock Draft: PFF senior analysts mock all 7 rounds | NFL Draft | PFF

they have the Lions drafting
started out good with first two picks

No. 7 WR DeVonta Smith............... Bama
No. 41 WR Kadarius Toney............ Flo-Rida
No. 72 DT Milton Williams............. La Tech
No. 101 Edge Chris Rumph ll........ Duke
No. 112 CB Trill Williams................. Paul Pasqualoni U.
No. 153 CB Olaijah Griffin.............. USC
2 CBs and no O-line or LB. I dont think so.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was not even a day 2 pick a month and a half ago. I had him as one of my steal picks but looks like the cat is out of the bag on him and my Stanford lineman.

There's no such thing as a 'steal' from a high exposure, blue blood program like Notre Dame. Their players are well known to everyone. If anything, their players tend to get overvalued. If a ND player was considered a late round pick at best at the start of the process, then he's likely no better than a late round pick.

Last edited:

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He sure as hell wouldn't be a bad selection, imo. You never know when it comes to the draft. One teams trash is another teams treasure.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no such thing as a 'steal' from a high exposure, blue blood program like Notre Dame. Their players are well known to everyone. If anything, their players tend to get overvalued. If a ND player was considered a late round pick at best at the start of the process, then he's likely no better than a late round pick.

The knock on him was his so-called short arms at 32.3/8" and being an OT that usually drops that player quite a bit even though many still view him as a RT. Not many have him slipping inside to OG but I'm sure some teams will view as that.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 CBs and no O-line or LB. I dont think so.

100 agree.
They get so caught up in their damn player ratings that it becomes pathetic.
Great place to find statistical data - drops, missed tackles, pressures etc but outside of that, Meh.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Final 2021 Detroit Lions dueling speed mock drafts - Pride Of Detroit

And for those that just want to see the picks, here’s how each draft mapped out:

Team POD

Round 1, Pick 7: WR Ja’Marr Chase, LSU
Round 2, Pick 57: S Richie Grant, (via trade)
Round 3, Pick 72: LB Pete Werner, Ohio State
Round 3, Pick 88: CB Tyson Campbell, (via trade)
Round 3, Pick 101: NT Alim McNeill, NC State
Round 4, Pick 112: OT Walker Little, Stanford
Round 5, Pick 153: S Ar’Darius Washington, TCU
Round 7, Pick 252: WR Racey McMath, LSU (via trade)

Team Chat

Round 1, Pick 9: OT Rashawn Slater, Northwestern (via trade)
Round 2, Pick 40: CB Asante Samuel Jr., Florida State (via trade)
Round 2, Pick 41: S Jevon Holland, Oregon
Round 3, Pick 72: WR D’Wayne Eskridge, Western Michigan
Round 3, Pick 101: CB Aaron Robinson, UCF
Round 4, Pick 112: G Quinn Meinerz — Wisconsin-Whitewater
Round 5, Pick 153: LB Monty Rice, Georgia
Round 7, Pick 237: WR Josh Palmer, Tennessee (via trade)

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^^

Team POD would be sweet but no slot WR

Team Chat double dipping at CB and not getting a big WR seems odd. Like the Josh Palmer get late though. I think he's highly under-rated due to crappy QB play from Tennessee - similar to Nico Collins. Not a fan of Georgia LB Rice either as Wallow might be there

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be thrilled if Quinn Meinerz was still there in the 4th!

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be thrilled if Quinn Meinerz was still there in the 4th!

Small school and not playing last year could still make him available in that 4th round area. I think the media blitz regarding his play at the Senior Bowl finally died down. He's an angry, nasty, mauling OG but currently his pass sets are far and away his worst trait to match up against NFL D-Lineman. Kind of similar to Stenberg but Meinerz is more advanced than him.