• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft QB at #6?

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sold on Hurts, I wish him well, but, he was a reach last year. If you have one of the young guns there at 6, do you pull the trigger? Could Zach Wilson be another Steve Young? Please say no to Justin Fields OSU QB's have not done much recently in the NFL. I do not want to take another shot at a bust.

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm not sold on Hurts either. I was thinking this the other day. In addition to drafting a QB, what they if that offer a 3rd rounder for Gardner Minshew from Jacksonville? Worth a shot.

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm not sold on Hurts either. I was thinking this the other day. In addition to drafting a QB, what they if that offer a 3rd rounder for Gardner Minshew from Jacksonville? Worth a shot.
I am not big on him either.

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sold on Hurts either but he has only played a couple games.We are in a rebuilding mode so I would prefer to give him a shot and bring in a veteran QB. Someone like Tyrod Taylor would work for me. A guy you can get on a one year deal and let Hurts complete for the job. I don't want to draft another QB until we are sure Hurts is not the guys. We have a new coach and will see a new offensive scheme. :)

Boomers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They used a second on him last year, I say give him a shot, whats the worse thing that could happen, they pick early next year. I feel like if they take a QB early then you have the same dynamic they had this year, I say give the kid a shot and see what happens, if Sirianni is the type of coach they say he is, building to a qb strengths then alot will be telling. With that being said i'm not 100% sold on Hurts either. :noidea::noidea:

EAGLES!!!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely we have to give Hurts a year to see what we have. If we use this first pick on say a Pitts or Chase with a healthy OL, Sanders, Goddert, and improved play by Reagor, Watkins, and Hightower.....plus maybe a coach who can actually develop players and place them in situations to succeed...well who knows....could actually be one hell of an offense.

I actually really like what I saw of Hurts. Kid seemed so calm and in control despite of the chaotic situation he stepped into.
He has that "IT" factor. Guys want to go to war for him. A natural leader. I personally think we found a gem ( although I hated the pick....lol )

The rest of the draft needs to be used on defense and OL

Like Boomers said.....we have nothing to lose and if he struggles than we have an early pick next year with two first round picks for trade up leverage if necessary. Plus the new QB would have a great weapon already in place with Pitts, Chase, or Smith

I really don't think its so doom and gloom like most fans seem to think

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I echo what has been said

Stick with Hurts this upcoming season and maybe he will do well enough so that the following season Eagles can draft a QB and trade Hurts for a veteran QB while the new guy gets up to speed

For example - Eagles can trade Hurts to Indy for Wentz

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw enough good things from Hurts that I would not consider QB in Rd 1. It was a shortened preseason with COVID, so I'm sure Wentz took 95% or more of those reps to be ready for the season. Hurts only had a handful of plays set up for him going into the season (not even as a passer) ... then he gets thrown into the fire "late" into the season. Once season starts, the backup QB's rarely get much action in practice ... so for people to expect Hurts as a rookie with pretty much no game experience or practice to step in late into the season and look "great" is unrealistic. If you consider the circumstances I thought Hurts played really well. He immediately moved the team better than Wentz did all season and even had 2 300 yard games. I have zero issues giving Hurts this year to show what he can do with a full compliment off offseason activities as the starter. If he flops "then" go after a QB in 2022, but for now build the team around him and give him his chance.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the trade.

If you like the draft charts, the difference between #6 and #12 is 400 points (like a 2nd round pick?).
Worst case scenario, the Dolphins win the Super Bowl and we get their #32nd pick (590 points).

Also, we moved up a bit in like the fourth round, but that's negligible.
We did pick up points and if the Dolphins struggle this season (they will play a 2nd place schedule), the trade looks even better.

Now, if we only had somebody to actually evaluate talent and make these picks......