• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft contest rules and scoring...

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know we usually run a contest on here (which someone should look to get up and running at some point soon, I guess), but that is not what I am referring to here. My buddy wants to put together a contest with our friends around here where we throw in a couple of bucks (we're kind of degenerate gamblers) and predict the first round. He wants to make it so we can predict trades and such, and score it so it is relatively easy to understand and still a fair representation of your skills.

His brainstorm that he sent to me was 1 point for every correct pick, 2 points for a correctly predicted trade and 3 points if you get the trade with the correct player picked. I think it needs to be a little more in depth than that. I was looking for our old contests, but the hoop search function is all out of whack, and I am too lazy at the moment to go digging through and looking for it. I may do this later and if I do, I will bump the thread, so I don't have to do it every time I want to reference it. Just warning you guys.

Anyway, I was thinking something like getting points for nailing the player at the right pick to the right team. Partial points if you get the right player to a different team at the right pick, or any other kind of combination of the like. Trades would be double points if you want to go for it. Not sure if we should put a limit on trade predictions or make some sort of penalty for wrongly guessing a trade that doesn't happen or something to prevent someone from predicting a trade at every pick or something like that. I like the way we do partial points for guessing the right position to the right team, so I would like to put that in there somewhere.

I did a google search, but the only things that came up were those daily fantasy drafts and their rules and scoring. You guys ever done anything like this or have any input on how we should handle this?

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@CEH seem to be on same wave length