• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft Assessment

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's use this thread to discuss how we feel about the draft.

Have to agree with what CheerupCharlie said A for the trade not so high on the selection. But as I stated in that thread I did not research the kid was not on my radar. I did read where he's a beast in run blocking and can play center and guard. Question now is can he pass block

Grade: m B-

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Mockers and everyone else will say that Bill reached and downgrade the selection. I think he'll be starting at RG come September.

Trade = A+

Pick = A-

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Mockers and everyone else will say that Bill reached and downgrade the selection. I think he'll be starting at RG come September.

Trade = A+

Pick = A-

What did we get in return for trade? Everyone projected him as a center... Granted talking heads are idiots most of the time but IMO I would not give this that high of grade at all..

Now with all that said, I don't know much about this kid nor did I think anyone really highlighted him much. But as a guy who probably would have been there late in the second early 3 rounds I am not such a huge fan of this move

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's use this thread to discuss how we feel about the draft.

Have to agree with what CheerupCharlie said A for the trade not so high on the selection. But as I stated in that thread I did not research the kid was not on my radar. I did read where he's a beast in run blocking and can play center and guard. Question now is can he pass block

Grade: m B-
I'll grade the trade as a A. We expected it but I think we got more than expected.

I won't grade the pick without more information. That guy would have been available 10 picks later, but was there anyone between willing to trade up? Knowing BB, there wasn't and it wasn't worth the risk to fish for extra value. Picks like this are usually because they want "this guy" and not a guy like this.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then why not draft him at 21? Clearly no one wanted him at that spot and 22-28
That's what Dennis Eckersly would call "a can of corn".

Because they saw absolutely zero risk and had opportunity to add value. The further back it went the risk began to add.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what Dennis Eckersly would call "a can of corn".

Because they saw absolutely zero risk and had opportunity to add value. The further back it went the risk began to add.
Joe Biden Democrat GIF by GIPHY News

I am still not sold on this trade. I get what you are saying. What did the Pats get in return? Did they just swap picks?

Edit - Just saw on another thread - #29, #94 and #121. Trade A+ then... Pick = C

Last edited:

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm giving the actual pick a C+ based on what BB got for trading down, not that it should be a factor. But it makes me feel better.

The kid is super athletic. Rated one of the highest. He's strong. Needs some pass blocking work. Maybe this is where Matty P comes in?

Agree he likely was available later. How much later no one really knows? Maybe BB couldn't find another trade partner and felt someone else may take him before #54.

This will help me sleep better anyway.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm giving the actual pick a C+ based on what BB got for trading down, not that it should be a factor. But it makes me feel better.

The kid is super athletic. Rated one of the highest. He's strong. Needs some pass blocking work. Maybe this is where Matty P comes in?

Agree he likely was available later. How much later no one really knows? Maybe BB couldn't find another trade partner and felt someone else may take him before #54.

This will help me sleep better anyway.
Matty P the guy who never coached and O Line? Yeah if anyone can make him a top notch guard he seems like the man to do it.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade - A

Pick - B

Good on Bill for getting Mac protection. Hopefully he grabs another O Lineman.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Homer Alert!

I'm going to give the Patriots an A for this pick. They do their own research.
Small school guy with talent and experience. Performs at a high level.
He was highly rated by actual experts but reporters/writers were locked in on big names.
There was no way that 31 teams did not notice this guy!

• Highly intelligent and tough.
  • Excellent pad level off the snap and beyond.
  • Made for zone scheme with good lateral giddy-up.
  • Bend and pace to lift and run defenders on stretch plays with sustain.
  • Instinctive feel for his angles in space.
  • Opponents struggle to unglue from his strong hands.
  • Steady and reactive working his way up to linebackers.
  • Finds full arm extension in pass sets.
  • Feet for sudden change of direction when needed.
  • Able to get out and make a difference in screen game.
  • Has snapped in practice and might offer center flexibility.
The nock on him is athletic enough to run 5:03 and he's not fat enough......

"Strange was an excellent defender for Farragut High School in Knoxville before signing with the Moccasins. As a redshirt freshman, he started six of 10 games played at left guard. Southern Conference coaches noticed his play in 11 games at left guard the following year, naming him second-team all-league. They repeated that honor for Strange in 2019 (11 starts at left guard, one at center) and 2020 (four starts in five games at left guard). SoCon coaches also voted him first-team all-conference for his play in 11 starts at left guard in 2021. -- by Chad Reuter"

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Homer Alert!

I'm going to give the Patriots an A for this pick. They do their own research.
Small school guy with talent and experience. Performs at a high level.
He was highly rated by actual experts but reporters/writers were locked in on big names.
There was no way that 31 teams did not notice this guy!

• Highly intelligent and tough.
  • Excellent pad level off the snap and beyond.
  • Made for zone scheme with good lateral giddy-up.
  • Bend and pace to lift and run defenders on stretch plays with sustain.
  • Instinctive feel for his angles in space.
  • Opponents struggle to unglue from his strong hands.
  • Steady and reactive working his way up to linebackers.
  • Finds full arm extension in pass sets.
  • Feet for sudden change of direction when needed.
  • Able to get out and make a difference in screen game.
  • Has snapped in practice and might offer center flexibility.
The nock on him is athletic enough to run 5:03 and he's not fat enough......

"Strange was an excellent defender for Farragut High School in Knoxville before signing with the Moccasins. As a redshirt freshman, he started six of 10 games played at left guard. Southern Conference coaches noticed his play in 11 games at left guard the following year, naming him second-team all-league. They repeated that honor for Strange in 2019 (11 starts at left guard, one at center) and 2020 (four starts in five games at left guard). SoCon coaches also voted him first-team all-conference for his play in 11 starts at left guard in 2021. -- by Chad Reuter"
I sort of eluded to this the other day when I said the media and mockers tend to go after the glamour shot players

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL Network gave the Patriots the worst grade of round 1(D). Even worse than teams that had no pick! Fuck em!

I'm rooting for Strange to be the next John Hannah!

Strange Days Indeed!

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sort of eluded to this the other day when I said the media and mockers tend to go after the glamour shot players

It's hard not too. I personally was hoping for either LB of Lloyd or Dean and when we traded, even though I loved the trade I was disappointed not to grab one of those 2. When out pick can up again I thought for sure is was going to be Dean... disappointed again. I was probably a little harsh on Strange because I knew nothing about him. But after reading ALOT ON HIM.... I'm down with the selection.