• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft a QB in round 1?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we at this point yet? I love Stafford but broken bones in his back doesn’t sound like something that’s going to get better.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we at this point yet? I love Stafford but broken bones in his back doesn’t sound like something that’s going to get better.

He has been better than ever since he broke it week 13 last year!

It might be time to move to a new qb, but there is no point until they fix the defense. I don't see a new qb putting up any more points than Stafford has. At first glance based off of qb pressures you would say Lions need all dline all the time, but Flowers, Hand, Harrison, Daniels, and Robinson is a pretty solid group. Although it lacks speed across the board.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was really hoping we could wait another year or two after this next draft. But now I don’t know.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been scouring the Lions news media on several sites and it appears that Stafford's injury is more aligned with pain management according to the teams Doctors view. Stafford wanted to play against Chicago but that decision was nullified by those Doctors and it currently seems that this injury is more 1-4 weeks than as serious as has been reported.

I'm not sure which way to go with interpretation from current reports to those that Schefter and Rappaport made late Saturday and early on Sunday morn.

Report: Matthew Stafford ruled OUT for Bears game

Last offseason, Stafford reportedly had back surgery but entered the season healthy. Since the season has started, Stafford re-injured his back (played through it in Week 4), injured his hip (which he has been playing through) and now a second separate back injury that will cause him to miss some time.

Detroit Lions dodging Matthew Stafford questions can't mask reality of 3-5-1

It’s possible Stafford returns next week to play against Dallas, because not all back fractures are created equally, and as Darius Slay noted, Stafford is “one tough SOB.”

As someone pointed out during Patricia’s postgame news conference, broken bones don’t heal in a week, so why would Stafford be available to play against the Cowboys?

“I don't want to get into the specifics of what that is,” he said, “but there's always different levels of kind of maybe some of that stuff when you look at it. We take it week by week or day by day from that standpoint.”

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions add another 3 players to an already extensive injury report

When coach Matt Patricia was asked if Stafford’s fracture could be season-ending, he responded, “For us right now, I’m not getting into the specifics of what it is exactly. It’s day by day, week by week. We’ll see how it goes
from that aspect of it and see how everything just progresses, I guess.”

Not a lot of clarity there.

This fractured bone in his back injury is separate from the injury that required him to have back surgery last offseason and is also not related to his current hip injury that he has been suffering through for over a month now.

BB_72: Medically speaking fractured is less severe than broken but we'll see more as time goes by.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this current injury along with the past one puts Stafford's health at risk for something far more serious then I hope he walks away.

Stafford having a good and healthy quality of life after football is more important than putting himself in possible jeopardy for paralysis. (not that the latter has been mentioned but it's a possibility depending on what the truth and extent of this injury is).

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they want to consider the future. They can consider firing Quinn and Pattycakes.
They took a perennial 9-7 team and turned it into back to back top 10 picks in the NFL draft.

Top 10 is where you find all the best TE's

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this current injury along with the past one puts Stafford's health at risk for something far more serious then I hope he walks away.

Stafford having a good and healthy quality of life after football is more important than putting himself in possible jeopardy for paralysis. (not that the latter has been mentioned but it's a possibility depending on what the truth and extent of this injury is).

Taking all those shots on the turf and Ricky Wagner at RT have been the biggest detriments to Stafford's long term health.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
won't happen, imho.

That's true. I wouldn't expect two bottom 10 finishes and a 31st ranked defense from a supposed defensive guru to be anything to hold people accountable for in the Lions storied franchise.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
only in years ending with a 9 or 4

Pettigrew 2009
Ebron 2014
Hockenson 2019

As Millen would say...If you don't succeed, keep burning first rounders until you finally strike gold.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taking all those shots on the turf and Ricky Wagner at RT have been the biggest detriments to Stafford's long term health.

His OL has been pretty much shit as a whole since day 1 that Stafford arrived. There have been 1-3 players that have played good to very good in a season. It's not been enough and then you have to look at having a horrible run game mixed in during almost all of his time here and that makes a difference to how opponents defend us.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taking all those shots on the turf and Ricky Wagner at RT

Pretty sure Gosder Cherilus, Yukon Cornelius Lucas, La Adrian Waddle all pitched in to worsen Stafford's health.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are only micro fractures. He should sit for a few weeks though to let them heal. Should be fine if he does that. If he pushes it then he is asking for trouble. I think the season is pretty much lost so I would sit him for 4 more games. If by some miracle we still have a shot then bring him back, otherwise let Driskel finish it out.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are only micro fractures. He should sit for a few weeks though to let them heal. Should be fine if he does that.
The season was over last year when it happened in week 13. Thanks to the Lions great coaching staff the fan base gets another losing season full of excuses.