• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

down on the farm ...

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if it weren't for those trades and terrible teams for so long the sox farm system would still be one of the worst.
before this season the top 4 prospects in the system were: Luis Robert, OF (No. 3), Andrew Vaughn, 1B (No. 16), Michael Kopech, RHP (No. 20), Nick Madrigal, 2B (No. 40)
after that they have no one remotely promising.
what i'm saying is, the sox still have no clue when it comes to developing players. terrible management continues on the south side and the future remains dim.

AND ... the twins and cleveland STILL have stronger, deeper and higher ranked farm systems!

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if it weren't for those trades and terrible teams for so long the sox farm system would still be one of the worst.
before this season the top 4 prospects in the system were: Luis Robert, OF (No. 3), Andrew Vaughn, 1B (No. 16), Michael Kopech, RHP (No. 20), Nick Madrigal, 2B (No. 40)
after that they have no one remotely promising.
what i'm saying is, the sox still have no clue when it comes to developing players. terrible management continues on the south side and the future remains dim.

AND ... the twins and cleveland STILL have stronger, deeper and higher ranked farm systems!

In all fairness, a lot of our prospects have been brought up already in the past 3 years...

Anderson
Bummer
Giolito
Eloy
Moncada
Lopez

We've drained so much of what should be quality farm depth because our MLB team was so sh*t that it's kind of misleading. Since there's so much youth on the team that is locked up, that should buy us a few more years to rebuild the farm depth...With what is obviously the question...but it's not as harrowing is you imply here imo. Our biggest issue is we need a good amount of these 10 or so guys to hit so we are actually viable at the most important level...The MLB level. That's asking a lot. We shall see.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every club's 2020 farm system, ranked

I see us ranked #11 and ahead of Cleveland. Minnesota has a strong farm system at #7, no doubt. However, we're hardly weak with 4 top 40 prospects.

Also, this tends to happen when all of you have the top system in baseball (us and SD were #1 and #2 mostly) and then all of your 20, 21, 22 year old star prospects debut within roughly a season of each other. Things are going to clear out a bit. That's sort of how it goes as you transfer into "compete/win now" mode and bring your guys up. You're not going to stay #1 or #2 forever. Guys leave for the big leagues. That's a good thing.

if it weren't for those trades and terrible teams for so long the sox farm system would still be one of the worst

If it weren't for the late 90's Indianapolis Colts sucking for so many years they wouldn't have been able to draft Peyton Manning #1 overall. What's the point? The trades were hits/wins. Do players developed out of trades not count? If the Cubs didn't suck for so long - they don't trade for Anthony Rizzo, etc. Should we go down the list of teams that made benefit from being bad and selling pieces for prized prospects?

Quite frankly, this just sounds like more manufactured outrage.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I see us ranked #11 and ahead of Cleveland. Minnesota has a strong farm system at #7, no doubt. However, we're hardly weak with 4 top 40 prospects.

Also, this tends to happen when all of you have the top system in baseball (us and SD were #1 and #2 mostly) and then all of your 20, 21, 22 year old star prospects debut within roughly a season of each other. Things are going to clear out a bit. That's sort of how it goes as you transfer into "compete/win now" mode and bring your guys up. You're not going to stay #1 or #2 forever. Guys leave for the big leagues. That's a good thing.

if it weren't for those trades and terrible teams for so long the sox farm system would still be one of the worst

If it weren't for the late 90's Indianapolis Colts sucking for so many years they wouldn't have been able to draft Peyton Manning #1 overall. What's the point? The trades were hits/wins. Do players developed out of trades not count? If the Cubs didn't suck for so long - they don't trade for Anthony Rizzo, etc. Should we go down the list of teams that made benefit from being bad and selling pieces for prized prospects?

Sorry for the aside, but were you on sports-boards? Your comments yesterday had me thinking you knew me from another board? SB is the only possible one.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry for the aside, but were you on sports-boards? Your comments yesterday had me thinking you knew me from another board? SB is the only possible one.
Hmmm, was sports-boards the site that looked a hell of a lot like this, but went belly up?

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm, was sports-boards the site that looked a hell of a lot like this, but went belly up?

LSD, you were on sports-boards Bears forum for sure.

And yes, it looked like this. Had the general home page that linked most current threads from all forums as well so you could dork around outside your teams' forums as well.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LSD, you were on sports-boards Bears forum for sure.

And yes, it looked like this. Had the general home page that linked most current threads from all forums as well so you could dork around outside your teams' forums as well.
BINGO!!! That's where I remember you from. I thought it was from ESPN.....well maybe there too.

I liked sports-boards and that was a nice link they had. But I seem to recall that there were very few Bears fans that hung around there on a regular basis.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ESPN. Thought you were back there. If not, my mistake. I thought you even reminisced about the old ESPN boards in a thread on the Bears board like a month, two months back or something. I recalled a guy with your exact avatar that would similarly drive me absolutely bonkers and it made sense. Made me say things I basically regretted 15 minutes later. Similarly to when I reply to you much of the time.

You're probably a damn fine person. I can tell you're a good guy, in fact. You just absolutely, undoubtedly get my panties in a bunch unlike anyone I've interacted with on a sports forum. Your posting style, debate style, etc. just hits me in a way that I find difficult to stomach. I wish it wasn't the case - it's extremely weak on my part. Borderline pathetic. I don't have a temper, I don't yell at people and I've been in like 3 fist fights in my life. However, I am a fucking horrible person to have a disagreement with when I have a strong opinion on something. Always have been. It's why I've changed career paths to attend law school and study criminal law. If my best talent is being a pain in the ass. I might as well get paid and do something productive for society with it.

There was another guy on the Bears board a ways back (AnotherIdiot) who was the same. That was more because he was slow, though. You're not slow, you just grind my f'n gears dude. Generally, I don't get THIS bad with people. It's 100% on me and I'll be better. On average, every year or so I have to hit the reset button with somebody on SportsHoopla due to my biggest flaw. I'm getting better. Up until a handful of years ago, there didn't use to be a reset button or any self-examination with it. My most sincere apologies for crossing the line. Cheers.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all fairness, a lot of our prospects have been brought up already in the past 3 years...

Anderson
Bummer
Giolito
Eloy
Moncada
Lopez

We've drained so much of what should be quality farm depth because our MLB team was so sh*t that it's kind of misleading. Since there's so much youth on the team that is locked up, that should buy us a few more years to rebuild the farm depth...With what is obviously the question...but it's not as harrowing is you imply here imo. Our biggest issue is we need a good amount of these 10 or so guys to hit so we are actually viable at the most important level...The MLB level. That's asking a lot. We shall see.

but most of those players were acquired in those big trades and certainly they are good players ... but my point is WE didn't train them! and apparently we still aren't. so there's this 'lump' of talent in the system but nothing behind them.

Last edited:

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

of course they count. but if you can't develop your own players you can only trade for good players for so long. my whole point is we have a lousy system and it hasn't changed. i don't think it bodes well for the future.

and why suggest i'm outraged?

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BINGO!!! That's where I remember you from. I thought it was from ESPN.....well maybe there too.

I liked sports-boards and that was a nice link they had. But I seem to recall that there were very few Bears fans that hung around there on a regular basis.

We had a huge following on the Bears forum for a while then it petered out. And your remembering of me is correct. I typically am pretty jovial about my sports...Past few years have been a debbie downer between our teams' sucking and my old man passing. Last game I saw with him was the Parkey game...What a sh*t way to go out. I'm just cranky lol.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN. Thought you were back there. If not, my mistake. I thought you even reminisced about the old ESPN boards in a thread on the Bears board like a month, two months back or something. I recalled a guy with your exact avatar that would similarly drive me absolutely bonkers and it made sense. Made me say things I basically regretted 15 minutes later. Similarly to when I reply to you much of the time.

You're probably a damn fine person. I can tell you're a good guy, in fact. You just absolutely, undoubtedly get my panties in a bunch unlike anyone I've interacted with on a sports forum. Your posting style, debate style, etc. just hits me in a way that I find difficult to stomach. I wish it wasn't the case - it's extremely weak on my part. Borderline pathetic. I don't have a temper, I don't yell at people and I've been in like 3 fist fights in my life. However, I am a fucking horrible person to have a disagreement with when I have a strong opinion on something. Always have been. It's why I've changed career paths to attend law school and study criminal law. If my best talent is being a pain in the ass. I might as well get paid and do something productive for society with it.

There was another guy on the Bears board a ways back (AnotherIdiot) who was the same. That was more because he was slow, though. You're not slow, you just grind my f'n gears dude. Generally, I don't get THIS bad with people. It's 100% on me and I'll be better. On average, every year or so I have to hit the reset button with somebody on SportsHoopla due to my biggest flaw. I'm getting better. Up until a handful of years ago, there didn't use to be a reset button or any self-examination with it. My most sincere apologies for crossing the line. Cheers.

LOL..Trust me I can be a huge dick especially when my teams continue to stink so you've got a good deal of justification. Hopefully our teams' fortunes change soon enough. Always water under the bridge for my Bear/Sox/Bulls brethren. We gon' win this whole damn thing one of these days on all fronts.

But yeah I'm not the ESPN guy you're thinking of.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but most of those players were acquired in those big trades and certainly they are good players ... but my point is WE didn't train them! and apparently we still aren't. so there's this 'lump' of talent in the system but nothing behind them.

I'm willing to give Hahn and co a few more years and see what it looks like regarding the farm so long as the MLB team steps up to competitiveness. I don't digest prospects like some do. I mainly focus on the MLB squad. For example, I have my opinions on Moncada/Lopez/Giolito/Anderson/Eloy/Bummer as I've seen them at the highest level now. Kopech/Vaughn/Madrigal/Robert. They're just names with an asterisk assigned to them as "watch this guy for the epicness" at this point.

As long as the actual team on the MLB field produces, I'm good. Hahn is much different than Kenny. I think he's an upgrade, but it doesn't matter if the team continues to lose. Jerry will always be Jerry. So we got what we got there. I know you dislike him...I teeter back and forth. Can they win a championship? Sure they can...but Jerry teams, as proven, rarely compete on a consistent basis. What would the dude's record be among his two teams if he didn't have Jordan?

Things you ask when your owner is a tax attorney...lol.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had a huge following on the Bears forum for a while then it petered out. And your remembering of me is correct. I typically am pretty jovial about my sports...Past few years have been a debbie downer between our teams' sucking and my old man passing. Last game I saw with him was the Parkey game...What a sh*t way to go out. I'm just cranky lol.
Well first off, sorry about your loss. But now I can see at least see in part why you took on such a surprisingly negative spin in recent months - and yes, the continuing suckage of all things Chicago sports certainly haven't helped either. All we can do now is get thru this world crisis and hopefully get back to normal at some point not too, too far down the road.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got my dedication to sports from my Dad - at one time he was 34th on the Denver Broncos season ticket list - I saw a lot of college and pro games with him. We certainly bonded over it deeply.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got my dedication to sports from my Dad - at one time he was 34th on the Denver Broncos season ticket list - I saw a lot of college and pro games with him. We certainly bonded over it deeply.

My old man had season tickets to the Bears when I was very young. He noped out the minute they required you to buy preseason games with the regular season games lol.

He also had weekend season tickets to the Sox.

70's/Early 80s. I was just a babe at that time.

I was on the reg chillin' with Andy the Clown as a little one. He recognized me after a while and always would come over.

Also remember being petrified of the bombs when the Sox hit home runs. Everyone else is cheering and I'm ducking and covering my ears. Fisk and Baines were always high stress at bats in my early days. LOL