• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Down goes New Mexico

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not gonna lie.. my trip to Austin then Dallas changed my outlook. Life doesn't stop, I wore my mask and kept my distance in public. I ate outside and drank outside with my friends and families. Now I'm back in VA and a housebody except when it comes to yardwork, shopping and running the community trails.
It's those very states and those mentalities that are eventually going to cost us a season.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's those very states and those mentalities that are eventually going to cost us a season.
VA was doing good (atleast I thought it was) and they canceled sports

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not gonna lie.. my trip to Austin then Dallas changed my outlook. Life doesn't stop, I wore my mask and kept my distance in public. I ate outside and drank outside with my friends and families. Now I'm back in VA and a housebody except when it comes to yardwork, shopping and running the community trails.

Sounds like me. I go to the Home Depot, etc. and I have worn a mask for months just to be on the safe side. I didn't give a hoot if people looked at me like I have 9 eyes or I'm some kind of a wuss who is afraid of a "hoax". LMAO. If some of those people had gone though what I've survived in life they wouldn't be so quick to assume some very bad $hit doesn't happen to people on a random basis.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VA was doing good (atleast I thought it was) and they canceled sports
I think it's just taking time for people to come to grips with not playing amateur sports. One kid getting COVID is going to cause everything to shut down.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Amen,

Go live ya lives, use some common sense and get treated WHEN ya catch it, cause its gonna happen.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's just taking time for people to come to grips with not playing amateur sports. One kid getting COVID is going to cause everything to shut down.
One kid?

What happens when even half of a fanbase (take ya pick) has some pregame cocktails and heads on into the stadium and your favorite CFB team scores its first TD after months of no sports? Not to mention the folks that will come to the game and still be in the parking lot watching/listening ect.

IMO the fear of starting the season is child play compared to once it begins and THEN being shut down.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One kid?

What happens when even half of a fanbase (take ya pick) has some pregame cocktails and heads on into the stadium and your favorite CFB team scores its first TD after months of no sports? Not to mention the folks that will come to the game and still be in the parking lot watching/listening ect.

IMO the fear of starting the season is child play compared to once it begins and THEN being shut down.
Well Michigan already shut this down for the most part. Unlikely any fans in the stadium this year unless the Covid numbers dramatically change in the next 4 weeks.

MSU just today shut down practice because a player tested positive. What are they going to do? Shut down the whole team for two weeks then have only 3 weeks until the season? I guess probably more given the OOC games got shut down but still. There’s 120 players and probably 50+ other people around the team. Just one person resting positive shuts it all down for that team.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Michigan already shut this down for the most part. Unlikely any fans in the stadium this year unless the Covid numbers dramatically change in the next 4 weeks.

MSU just today shut down practice because a player tested positive. What are they going to do? Shut down the whole team for two weeks then have only 3 weeks until the season? I guess probably more given the OOC games got shut down but still. There’s 120 players and probably 50+ other people around the team. Just one person resting positive shuts it all down for that team.
Plus tailgating that will certainly still go on in places. cant stop it, just need to live and deal imo

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Florida is looking at scheduling St. Thomas Aquinas or Edgewater as replacements for NMSU, citing covid-19 in their petition to the NCAA to allow the opponent and count the game's outcome towards bowl eligibility.

They couldn't handle Aquinas. Edgewater lost all their studs from last year, so they might beat them.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The real thing that throws a wrench in everything will be the first P5 school in a state where the Gov shuts it down. If Michigan's Gov shuts down football, it will take out 5 FBS schools, two P5 schools. California is even more impactful.

Just play them all away.

That takes care of it.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
coronavirus48.jpg

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The real thing that throws a wrench in everything will be the first P5 school in a state where the Gov shuts it down. If Michigan's Gov shuts down football, it will take out 5 FBS schools, two P5 schools. California is even more impactful.

I can't decide whether or not I think the Governor here will shut down football.

On the one hand, it seems exactly like something he would do. On the other hand, I have been pleasantly surprised at how he has handled this so far and have no complaints.

Of course, that may just mean he's overdue on pissing me off, so football is probably fucked. lol

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seems like the first FBS school to likely not have a season this year

Currently, there is no impact on college football re: the governor's wishes. The governor of New Mexico has no power to shut down college football in his state; only the chancellors or presidents of the colleges have that power. But that may not be the case in other states.

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Currently, there is no impact on college football re: the governor's wishes. The governor of New Mexico has no power to shut down college football in his state; only the chancellors or presidents of the colleges have that power. But that may not be the case in other states.
Uhm, in HER state! Watch Out! Alabama is next!

upload_2020-7-28_21-0-32.jpeg

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Newsom already moved my Friday night lights to January. Better not mess with the NCAA