• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Doug's Championship Offense: Pass Early. Win.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has been proven and here's the supporting evidence.

2017 Philadelphia Eagles Championship Season

Some Pass-Run Ratios View attachment 180327
View attachment 180328

As we can see from the data above:

1) The Eagles were the 3rd most pass happy team this season on first downs in the 1st quarter.

2) The Eagles were the 4th most pass happy team on 1st downs in the 2nd quarter.

3) The Eagles were the 2nd most pass happy team this season on first downs in the 3rd quarter.

Leading us to Super Bowl Victory.

This is the best way to call offense as Andy Reid taught to his disciples. (It just so happens that Andy's team called the most first down passes in the 1st quarter.)

This passing success lead us to be able to:

1) Run, run, run in most 4th quarters. 21st, 28th, 28th by down respectively.

2) Run on 2nd and 3rd downs. 30th and 30th in first halves.

By passing successfully on first downs we set up the run beautifully for 2nd and 3rd downs.

Leading us to Super Bowl Victory.

This data shows a number of things.

One thing that pops out is that our calls being in the top 5 and bottom 5, means our predictability was very high for every single down, every single quarter (except the 3rd quarter where we trended more towards league averages), and still no one could stop us. Predictability is hereby rendered as a meaningless concept when it comes to evaluating offense due to it's lack of negative impact during 100% of our Super Bowl winning seasons. To bed.

Another thing we see is that of the teams that ran most on first downs in first downs in the 1st quarter well they pretty much all sucked. The worst offenses are down there on the list. These teams were scared to pass and were not good offenses.

The pass sets up the run.

Teams that like to pass on 1st downs and know how to pass successfully are dictating, scoring and winning.

The data is above for your pleasure.

It's quite pleasurable evidence of what many of us brighter fans have known all along.

The pass sets up the run.

You are all very welcome.

Last edited:

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummm...No

Most of us have been saying that you can't pass 60% of the time and win the SB. The Eagles were overall 6th in rushing attempts and 13th in passing attempts. The pass/run ration was 55/45 .....

Balance = Superbowl Championship

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure what the images portray. It does not list any numbers to substantiate anything. So I did a little digging on my own.

Here are the Eagles Stats on first down

Pass Attempts: 219

Rush attempts: 196 (this number could change a little as I research Ajai's numbers more)

Blount - 93 attempts
Clements - 31 attempts
Smallwood - 25 attemps
Barner - 7 attempts
Ajayi - 105 - I did not include this entire number becuase it also has his numbers with the Dolphins. To try to be objective I only included 40 of his first down attempts. I may did a little deeper when I have more time to get an exact number

Also keep in mind that number does not include Wentz 20 rushes on first downs. We also need to keep in mind that the Eagles run a lot of RPO and the play could go either way one way or another. The Eagles have a very good balance of run pass on 1st down.

So my conclusion is the images listed is nothing more than unsubstantiated bullshit.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummm...No

Most of us have been saying that you can't pass 60% of the time and win the SB. The Eagles were overall 6th in rushing attempts and 13th in passing attempts. The pass/run ration was 55/45 .....

Balance = Superbowl Championship

There is evidence in front of you and you refuse to look. Sad.

The Eagles were one of the most unbalanced teams on every single down.
On every single down.

Compared to the rest of the league we were at the extreme end of the scale on every down. 1st down pass, 2nd down run, 3rd down run. Most other teams were more balanced throughout the game.

The Eagles won by doing what they do and doing it well. We were so successful passing on 1st downs that we were able to run when the rest of the league was forced to pass.

Re-read that part so you can understand.

That's what you fail to grasp. But now there is some supporting data for our Super Bowl winning year so go ahead and educate yourself. You're welcome.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is evidence in front of you and you refuse to look. Sad.

The Eagles were one of the most unbalanced teams on every single down.
On every single down.

Compared to the rest of the league we were at the extreme end of the scale on every down. 1st down pass, 2nd down run, 3rd down run. Most other teams were more balanced throughout the game.

The Eagles won by doing what they do and doing it well. We were so successful passing on 1st downs that we were able to run when the rest of the league was forced to pass.

Re-read that part so you can understand.

That's what you fail to grasp. But now there is some supporting data for our Super Bowl winning year so go ahead and educate yourself. You're welcome.

The Eagles have a close to 50/50 pass-run ration on first down. I don't fail to grasp anything. I merely showed that the Eagles are not pass happy on first down like you claimed. They run a balanced offense. A clear and obvious debunking back up by legitimate numbers.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure what the images portray. It does not list any numbers to substantiate anything. So I did a little digging on my own.

Here are the Eagles Stats on first down

Pass Attempts: 219

Rush attempts: 196 (this number could change a little as I research Ajai's numbers more)

Blount - 93 attempts
Clements - 31 attempts
Smallwood - 25 attemps
Barner - 7 attempts
Ajayi - 105 - I did not include this entire number becuase it also has his numbers with the Dolphins. To try to be objective I only included 40 of his first down attempts. I may did a little deeper when I have more time to get an exact number

Also keep in mind that number does not include Wentz 20 rushes on first downs. We also need to keep in mind that the Eagles run a lot of RPO and the play could go either way one way or another. The Eagles have a very good balance of run pass on 1st down.

So my conclusion is the images listed is nothing more than unsubstantiated bullshit.
You aren't comparing those to any other teams, jackass. It's a ranking. Waste more of your time proving nothing instead of learning. GOOD JOB.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles have a close to 50/50 pass-run ration on first down. I don't fail to grasp anything. I merely showed that the Eagles are not pass happy on first down like you claimed. They run a balanced offense. A clear and obvious debunking back up by legitimate numbers.
It's a ranking. All you've shown is even the basics here are disorienting to you.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You aren't comparing those to any other teams, jackass. It's a ranking. Waste more of your time proving nothing instead of learning. GOOD JOB.

Back your bullshit up with facts instead of stealing some image from a Rams fan that obviously did not substantiate anything. I could make the very same argument that the Eagles rushing attack set up the pass given the fact the balance is almost 50/50. Blount alone averages 5 yards per carry on 1st down.

I proved my point with actual legit numbers. You think I am wrong....prove it. Simple as that. I know you are still on Andy Reid's nuts after all these years but the fact is his former coaches are more succcessful becuase they don't do the same things he did.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back your bullshit up with facts instead of stealing some image from a Rams fan that obviously did not substantiate anything. I could make the very same argument that the Eagles rushing attack set up the pass given the fact the balance is almost 50/50. Blount alone averages 5 yards per carry on 1st down.

I proved my point with actual legit numbers. You think I am wrong....prove it. Simple as that. I know you are still on Andy Reid's nuts after all these years but the fact is his former coaches are more succcessful becuase they don't do the same things he did.
Oh look, this time the bullshit came straight out of your mouth.

Typical.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh look, this time the bullshit came straight out of your mouth.

Typical.

Translation: I have been exposed.......again......I am unable to prove him wrong so I will deflect.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's really that simple. This is how Andy Reid got all his championships.

Oh, wait...

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's really that simple. This is how Andy Reid got all his championships.

Oh, wait...
He needed to get rid of the QB sooner. Big guy has a big heart.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He needed to get rid of the QB sooner. Big guy has a big heart.

Now this funny. Still making excuses for Reid while one of his former assistant coaches wins the SB with a backup QB.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now this funny. Still making excuses for Reid while one of his former assistant coaches wins the SB with a backup QB.
That's hardly an excuse. Reid has no one to blame, but himself for sticking with a failed mcnabb experiment for so long. Learn to read. Like I said. Big guy has a big heart.

It was amazing last year having two QBs better than nabby and a coach that really built an awesome offense on top of Reid's foundation. Loved every second of it.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's hardly an excuse. Reid has no one to blame, but himself for sticking with a failed mcnabb experiment for so long. Learn to read. Like I said. Big guy has a big heart.

It was amazing last year having two QBs better than nabby and a coach that really built an awesome offense on top of Reid's foundation. Loved every second of it.

I am sorry but that is a weak excuse. Nabby was not a bad QB. He was not elite of that I think we can all agree but he was still a very good QB. He was at a minimum better than Eli who has 2 SB rings. Making the excuse that Andy Reid did not win because of a failed QB experiment is just flat stupid. The truth is Andy Reid is a good coach and nothing more. His stint in KC is proving that big time. The best coaches will find a way to win with less talent. Nick Foles has limitations and it was proven at the end of the regular season. He is a good QB but he will never be elite but Doug Pederson found a way and implemented plays that he knew he would excel at and it work. For some reason Andy Reid is not capable of doing that. He is one of the most predictable coaches around. Remember last year? The Chiefs were the best in the NFL early on in the year. The beat the Pats and Eagles in weeks 1 and 2 ironically the 2 teams in the SB. The Chiefs were able to do that because they were not as predictable. Kareem Hunt caught the NFL by surprise. By mid season the league would adjust and the same old predictable Reid was exposed as teams game planned to stop his best weapons. In the end he had another epic failure.

McNabb is not the reason the Eagles did not win a SB under Reid. Not even remotely close. Andy Ried and his inablilty to coach in big games is the reason.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i blame both of them. I loved Donovan at first, but then he showed me that he was delusional about how great he was, and proved it after he got traded. His biggest downfall was throwing T.O. under the bus. They could have won a couple of SB's.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i blame both of them. I loved Donovan at first, but then he showed me that he was delusional about how great he was, and proved it after he got traded. His biggest downfall was throwing T.O. under the bus. They could have won a couple of SB's.

I can see blaming McNabb for some things. The T.O. thing?....nah.....T.O. was a nutcase.... still is.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nabby was always inconsistent with accuracy. One game he was on the money and then the next game it was worm burners and throwing behind guys. Wentz is much more consistent with his ball placement from game to game. If health isn't a factor moving forward with Wentz I think he will have a HOF career.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nabby was always inconsistent with accuracy. One game he was on the money and then the next game it was worm burners and throwing behind guys. Wentz is much more consistent with his ball placement from game to game. If health isn't a factor moving forward with Wentz I think he will have a HOF career.

Yup...Nabby was a good QB but needed weapons to be great. I personally think that every QB needs weapons but is their ability that determines what kind of weapons. Wentz can make every throw on the field with legit pro accuracy. Nabby could not, he could make a lot of throws but nothing compared to Wentz. I think Wentz has the ability to make good weapons look great ala Rodgers and Brady. In a few more years he could very well be the best QB in the NFL.