• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Doug Greenwald

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been watching these webcam games on SFGiants.com and Doug Greenwald continues to impress me with his coolness , his knowledge,story telling, and always gives you the score of the game so you are not sitting there wondering.

His dad Hank Greenwald a former longtime announcer in MLB and for the Giants has passed the baton down to his son. Doug's delivery and pace of the game sound so much like his father. The Giants are loaded with great announcers at the MLB level while Doug has been a good solider working for the Fresno Grizzlies. He really is ready for the Bigs and deserves a shot somewhere. I hope he finds his way into the SF booth. I really enjoy him calling the games. His dad must be real proud of him. He seems like a real good dude.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been watching these webcam games on SFGiants.com and Doug Greenwald continues to impress me with his coolness , his knowledge,story telling, and always gives you the score of the game so you are not sitting there wondering.

His dad Hank Greenwald a former longtime announcer in MLB and for the Giants has passed the baton down to his son. Doug's delivery and pace of the game sound so much like his father. The Giants are loaded with great announcers at the MLB level while Doug has been a good solider working for the Fresno Grizzlies. He really is ready for the Bigs and deserves a shot somewhere. I hope he finds his way into the SF booth. I really enjoy him calling the games. His dad must be real proud of him. He seems like a real good dude.
I would like to hear him with quality equipment. Every time I have listened to him in ST games, it sounds like he is broadcasting from a soup can.

That said, I like him. He sounds eerily like his dad, and I was always a fan of his dad when I was a kid.

As for joining the big club, I don't see it happening anytime soon. Jon, Kruk and Kuiper are all Giants lifers and Flem just signed a long extension. There will not be any openings for a LONG lime.

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to hear him with quality equipment. Every time I have listened to him in ST games, it sounds like he is broadcasting from a soup can.

That said, I like him. He sounds eerily like his dad, and I was always a fan of his dad when I was a kid.

As for joining the big club, I don't see it happening anytime soon. Jon, Kruk and Kuiper are all Giants lifers and Flem just signed a long extension. There will not be any openings for a LONG lime.

Kruk has been having problems with his legs and might want to cut back on some of the road trips in the future. Jon Miller takes time off during the season. Flem is so big now he is doing so many other gigs outside of Giants baseball. If the Giants were smart they would find a way to bring Doug in to fill in when some of the other announcers want time off. All I know is Doug Greenwald is ready for a MLB job. He deserves a shot somewhere.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kruk has been having problems with his legs and might want to cut back on some of the road trips in the future. Jon Miller takes time off during the season. Flem is so big now he is doing so many other gigs outside of Giants baseball. If the Giants were smart they would find a way to bring Doug in to fill in when some of the other announcers want time off. All I know is Doug Greenwald is ready for a MLB job. He deserves a shot somewhere.
I agree that Flem is getting huge outside of Giants baseball. But he just signed a long (5 years???) extension, so I believe he enjoys the giants gig and has no plans to drop it (although, of the four, he is certainly the "outsider")

Having Greenwald as a "5th man" to fill in as needed (let's say, 60 games per season??) is not a bad idea. However, I think Sacto would want a dedicated broadcaster, so having him miss 1/2 of their games may not be optimal. Of course, I have no idea if he will even be doing the Sacto games. They may already have a team from last year that they want to stick with. I also have no idea how involved the big club gets with minor league broadcasts.

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that Flem is getting huge outside of Giants baseball. But he just signed a long (5 years???) extension, so I believe he enjoys the giants gig and has no plans to drop it (although, of the four, he is certainly the "outsider")

Having Greenwald as a "5th man" to fill in as needed (let's say, 60 games per season??) is not a bad idea. However, I think Sacto would want a dedicated broadcaster, so having him miss 1/2 of their games may not be optimal. Of course, I have no idea if he will even be doing the Sacto games. They may already have a team from last year that they want to stick with. I also have no idea how involved the big club gets with minor league broadcasts.

I hear you CAL. I just think he deserves his shot in the Bigs somewhere.

Edit: I just cleaned up the quote format a bit... cal

Last edited by a moderator: