• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Doug Free

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been wrong about A LOT of things on these boards. Not sure I have ever been as wrong as I seem to be right now about Doug Free. After being completely horrible the last couple of years and playing like a guy that didn't belong in the league as a back up, he's been great. I said he should be cut both because he stinks and because it will let the other players know that playiing that poorly won't earn you another chance. But, I was way off base. I can't believe I'm typing this, but if reputations are thrown out the window and the votes are only based on what you do on the field, the guy is playing like a Pro Bowler right now...yes I know it's only 6 games

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been wrong about A LOT of things on these boards. Not sure I have ever been as wrong as I seem to be right now about Doug Free. After being completely horrible the last couple of years and playing like a guy that didn't belong in the league as a back up, he's been great. I said he should be cut both because he stinks and because it will let the other players know that playiing that poorly won't earn you another chance. But, I was way off base. I can't believe I'm typing this, but if reputations are thrown out the window and the votes are only based on what you do on the field, the guy is playing like a Pro Bowler right now...yes I know it's only 6 games

A lot of people were wrong on him, myself included. I thought he did well that first year, then got a big contract and lost all skill (or will to try) and sucked. This year he is playing hungry again, and it shows.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I step out on a limb, and say we were all wrong at this point.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I remember some people saying we would be better of signing him for less - I think Nets was one. My point was cutting him was the ONLY smart option that i saw and I was wrong.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I remember some people saying we would be better of signing him for less - I think Nets was one. My point was cutting him was the ONLY smart option that i saw and I was wrong.

Oh I wasn't against signing him for less and hoping he plays better. I really didn't expect it though. The reason I and I expect the others wanted to redo his contract was to give immediate salary cap relief. I don't think anyone will rightfully come out and say "I told you so".

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong thus far.

The Williams pick....did not see the value
Scandrick....still grabs when it's not needed but a huge plus side contributor
Church....enforces very well and been a solid tackler, questionable coverage but worth the trade off at his position
Ratliff....it appears he has no pride

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was never for getting rid of Free. I kinda thought his problems last year we all the changes.
He had really come on at RT when Columbo went down.
Following year we switched him to LT (alot harder position)
Then back to RT...... Switching to a zone scheme.

It's not Madden.... players take time to learn and adjust.
Which is why I think our defense gets better as the season goes along

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was never for getting rid of Free. I kinda thought his problems last year we all the changes.
He had really come on at RT when Columbo went down.
Following year we switched him to LT (alot harder position)
Then back to RT...... Switching to a zone scheme.

It's not Madden.... players take time to learn and adjust.
Which is why I think our defense gets better as the season goes along

But were you confident that he would rebound, or just hopeful like l was? I hoped he be OK, but I didn't think he would be.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But were you confident that he would rebound, or just hopeful like l was? I hoped he be OK, but I didn't think he would be.

I thought he was going to be "OK"
At this point he is playing better than I expected though.

A little bit of that might fall on have alot better guard playing beside him too.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought he was going to be "OK"
At this point he is playing better than I expected though.

A little bit of that might fall on have alot better guard playing beside him too.

You had more faith than I did then. I'm happy to be wrong. I thought he'd be no more than a back-up at best.