• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Douchebag ryan braun is suspended

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe someone tampered with the evidence again? :lol:

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you bastardo! You ruined my "Anyone know why Braun was suspended for the rest of the year?" post that was forthcoming.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is "bastardo" just going to be used whenever we want to say a work we couldn't say on espn?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or you can use the word that would have got you reprimanded on ESPN like bitch or asshole or whatever. Those sorts of words. I did find one word you can't use here. I'll let you know as we go!

Caligula

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I do not care about PEDs. The vast majority of professional athletes use them, have used them for a long time, and will continue to use them. Testing is useless.

If you are upset with players using in MLB then you should hate every sport.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not care about PEDs. The vast majority of professional athletes use them, have used them for a long time, and will continue to use them. Testing is useless.

If you are upset with players using in MLB then you should hate every sport.

caligula, i don't think braun is a douche because he used ped's (even though it's not a flattering thing to read on a hall of fame resume) but you have to admit braun was a dick about this whole process. he vehemently denies that he juiced when he gets caught in '11, then he gets off on a technicality, and, in the process, throws an innocent, working man like us under the bus, gets linked to the biogenesis clinic, again vehemently denies the accusations, know's he's fucked, and then waits until his suspension to admit that yeah, he has been roiding. I get that steroids are a part of the game, whether we like it or not. but you have to admit, the way braun went about his business is a lot different than giambi or pettite.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are stupid enough to sacrifice your long-term health for short-term gain, by all means pump that krap into your system and then all your records will have an asterisk next to them. Just like Mark McGuire who avoids much of baseball these days because he did juice and then lied about it under a congressional oath. The man can't celebrate anything he did during his playing days with present-day fans at the ballpark because he lives under a cloud of guilt real or imagined that is derived from a perpetrated BS fiasco. He avoids all media and fans for fear of being called-out by common guys that paid his salary back then. I am sure he has a different take now on the question of whether it was worth it then, something this Ryan douchebag is about to discover.

Caligula

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
caligula, i don't think braun is a douche because he used ped's (even though it's not a flattering thing to read on a hall of fame resume) but you have to admit braun was a dick about this whole process. he vehemently denies that he juiced when he gets caught in '11, then he gets off on a technicality, and, in the process, throws an innocent, working man like us under the bus, gets linked to the biogenesis clinic, again vehemently denies the accusations, know's he's fucked, and then waits until his suspension to admit that yeah, he has been roiding. I get that steroids are a part of the game, whether we like it or not. but you have to admit, the way braun went about his business is a lot different than giambi or pettite.

Giambi and Pettite dodged questions and denied for a long time before running out of options. If they would have had some flunky that wasn't good at their job available as an excuse they would have taken it.

Steroids and steroid related items are illegal, so of course a player is going to deny it. It would be like asking Lawrence Taylor, before he retired, if he was using coke. He's going to deny it.

I would put PED use at at least 70% in baseball, 90% in the NFL and somewhere in between for the NBA, maybe higher. Singling out Braun is kind of pointless.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it is singling out Caligula, as much as this is the latest example of some dope who, after all the dopes before him couldn't get away with using PED's is dumb enough to think he can and is yet the latest target of fans to rail against because they are illegal.

Caligula

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't think it is singling out Caligula, as much as this is the latest example of some dope who, after all the dopes before him couldn't get away with using PED's is dumb enough to think he can and is yet the latest target of fans to rail against because they are illegal.

Everyone is still using. Very little has changed.

Players get caught all the time in the NFL and no one cares.

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't give a flying fluke about steroids, PEDs, or biogenesis. Who cares!!!!! In fact, I want every athlete in every sport to use steroids. That would make every sport that much interesting. If athletes are willing to do that to their bodies to entertain me or us....then I'm all for it. Image how fun the Tour de France would be if all the cyclists were on PEDs. I'll watch it. Steroids are like racism....it will never go away. Just deal with it.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the problem i have with it; honest people get fucked. what about the guys who just miss the cut because some douchebag roider beats them out, even though the honest player has more game and talent. they shouldn't have to risk their body and reputation to compete on a level playing field.

unblowupable5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if you allow it, it's going to trickle down to high-school level sports. That kind of stuff already happens in limited circles, but you can bet it would absolutely take off and be out of control in high school if it was accepted at the highest levels.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if you allow it, it's going to trickle down to high-school level sports. That kind of stuff already happens in limited circles, but you can bet it would absolutely take off and be out of control in high school if it was accepted at the highest levels.

i bet you at least 40% of the kids on my varisty football team use steroids. if they did somehow get totally legalized for athlete use, you would see that number spike up to 90%

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have worked with "roid boys" and now "girls" and to make a long story short, these things work. Unfortunately, the side effects are life damaging and with girls, irreversible. If you make these things legal and kids start using them in masses, you will have people dropping like flies.

The overall health risks are enormous. If everyone uses them like say in the WWE, then you will have an increase in healthcare costs which would translate into increases in the price of a ticket or cable bill. Is it all about the money? Hardly.

If everyone uses them, you will still have a winner and a loser. If everyone uses them, you may have the games played at a higher level with bigger, faster, stronger players but eventually people will get sick and undoubtedly they'll be a death at some point on the field of play.

Is that what people want to see? If you want to see death and dying, join the military or just go hang out in any major city like Chicago on a weekend. We watch these sports in part for the love of the game and its continued integrity. If that is not people's motivation, then indeed watching sports is no longer about watching sports for enjoyment, but something more sinister.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have worked with "roid boys" and now "girls" and to make a long story short, these things work. Unfortunately, the side effects are life damaging and with girls, irreversible. If you make these things legal and kids start using them in masses, you will have people dropping like flies.

The overall health risks are enormous. If everyone uses them like say in the WWE, then you will have an increase in healthcare costs which would translate into increases in the price of a ticket or cable bill. Is it all about the money? Hardly.

If everyone uses them, you will still have a winner and a loser. If everyone uses them, you may have the games played at a higher level with bigger, faster, stronger players but eventually people will get sick and undoubtedly they'll be a death at some point on the field of play.

Is that what people want to see? If you want to see death and dying, join the military or just go hang out in any major city like Chicago on a weekend. We watch these sports in part for the love of the game and its continued integrity. If that is not people's motivation, then indeed watching sports is no longer about watching sports for enjoyment, but something more sinister.

i agree retro. i would rather have 30% of the players roiding than everyone. not to mention, even if they were legalized, i could still see 20-30% choosing not to use for the obvious health reasons. i know baseball's drug testing isn't anywhere close to perfect but i thought they did a good job handling that fraud braun.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giambi and Pettite dodged questions and denied for a long time before running out of options. If they would have had some flunky that wasn't good at their job available as an excuse they would have taken it.

Steroids and steroid related items are illegal, so of course a player is going to deny it. It would be like asking Lawrence Taylor, before he retired, if he was using coke. He's going to deny it.

I would put PED use at at least 70% in baseball, 90% in the NFL and somewhere in between for the NBA, maybe higher. Singling out Braun is kind of pointless.

I could be wrong about this, but I kind of remember that Giambi was one guy that actually wanted to own up to doing steroids but he was pressured by the players union to keep quiet because at that time no one had really admitted to it.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, somebody get Carlos Ruiz some freaking Adderall. If all those other players are taking it legally then it can't be that harmful. He OBVIOUSLY needs it. His slugging percentage is .281!