• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Don't look now but.......

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trubisky has a QB rating of 101.57, good for 10th in the league, and a Total QBR of 75.2, which ranks 4th.

Now before you Mitch haters get all postal over this info, I'm the first to say stats like these can be misleading. In fact, if there was a poster child for beneficiaries of such stats, Trubs would be that child. Actually, I'm more surprised than anything at the numbers, so I thought it was worth sharing. And at least it does indicate his performance has in general been on the upswing. I'm sure yesterday's performance boosted his stats a good deal.

You can tell I don't have a life.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
images

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bears have a very bright future. Not just because of these stats or Trubisky either. That offense is probably one of the most talented offenses in the league and that defense might end up being the toughest in the NFL.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,044.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trubisky has a QB rating of 101.57, good for 10th in the league, and a Total QBR of 75.2, which ranks 4th.

Now before you Mitch haters get all postal over this info, I'm the first to say stats like these can be misleading. In fact, if there was a poster child for beneficiaries of such stats, Trubs would be that child. Actually, I'm more surprised than anything at the numbers, so I thought it was worth sharing. And at least it does indicate his performance has in general been on the upswing. I'm sure yesterday's performance boosted his stats a good deal.

You can tell I don't have a life.

I loved me some Trubisky yesterday...…...he played a very excellent game.
Sunday night will be tough sledding for him...…….Hopefully he keeps getting better...……..:thumb:

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta admit, Trubisky looks much better than he did to start the season. He keeps it up, Bears will be a team to be reckoned with in January

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never had a doubt about Mitch myself and believe he will be a top 5 QB within 2 years. But what impresses me most is he is kicking ass with half a offense. We have no run game supporting him. Just wow is all I can say.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never had a doubt about Mitch myself and believe he will be a top 5 QB within 2 years. But what impresses me most is he is kicking ass with half a offense. We have no run game supporting him. Just wow is all I can say.

Yeah I know, Jordan Howard has been horrendous. Like i predicted.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bears have a very bright future. Not just because of these stats or Trubisky either. That offense is probably one of the most talented offenses in the league and that defense might end up being the toughest in the NFL.

Nagy's system is also starting to really come together and take flight. He's an excellent play designer and is getting better each week as a play caller.

The Bears have quietly been putting a lot of points on the board.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, he is fine. The O line has been horrible at run blocking.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Eh... Not really true. We use screens and short passes a lot in place of your classic run game.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's be fair here. Our entire running game has been pretty bad of late. So not just Howard, it includes Cohen or anyone else running the ball (except Trubisky that is). And we need to hold our run blocking, as well as our run play selections accountable as well. To pin our woes of carrying the ball on just one player is misleading.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's be fair here. Our entire running game has been pretty bad of late. So not just Howard, it includes Cohen or anyone else running the ball (except Trubisky that is). And we need to hold our run blocking, as well as our run play selections accountable as well. To pin our woes of carrying the ball on just one player is misleading.

Yeah, over the past month. Cohen's numbers are essentially the same as Howard. That's very telling of where the problem may stem from. Personally, I don't see much running room out there for our backs. Only time I do is when we spread out wide, show pass and then run Cohen vs nickel or dime packages. However, even that has basically disappeared recently.

Then again... like I said. Nagy has used the screen and short pass game as a sort of run game. Which is true to his west coast roots learned under Andy Reid.

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without Long in there, can we say we have any lineman other than Massie that excels in run blocking over pass pro? Maybe Kush? And it's not like our line is known for it's size and road-grading ability. This line is moreso built to pass block so it shouldn't come as much of a surprise that Howard isn't finding many holes.

Regarding the thread topic, Trubisky's performance and his numbers this year are pretty astounding. He's looked downright awful at times yet his metrics are still awfully impressive. The possibility still remains that Trubisky ends up being more of a paper warrior than a "winner" but that's still better than much of what we've had in the last 3,429 years.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without Long in there, can we say we have any lineman other than Massie that excels in run blocking over pass pro? Maybe Kush? And it's not like our line is known for it's size and road-grading ability. This line is moreso built to pass block so it shouldn't come as much of a surprise that Howard isn't finding many holes.

Regarding the thread topic, Trubisky's performance and his numbers this year are pretty astounding. He's looked downright awful at times yet his metrics are still awfully impressive. The possibility still remains that Trubisky ends up being more of a paper warrior than a "winner" but that's still better than much of what we've had in the last 3,429 years.
Not sure Kush played a lot last game. Think he's banged up. Witzmann played the majority of the snaps and looks pretty solid. He knows the system.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is way more important than his basic passing metrics. This demonstrates growth in his biggest area of weakness.

QB MITCHELL TRUBISKY, CHICAGO BEARS

Key signature stat: Posted a passer rating of 158.3 on throws under pressure
Trubiksy was another beneficiary of the deep ball this week. On deep pass attempts, Trubisky completed four passes on a league-high eight attempts for 128 yards and two touchdowns. He also put together a strong showing under pressure with a perfect passer rating of 158.3 on his six pass attempts when the pass rush got home.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read that article and thought the same. It's one thing to do well when you're sitting back in the pocket with no defender climbing up your ass, but to do as well while under pressure, that really says something.