• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Don't Be Surprised If....................

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't be surprised if Bill Belichick makes a trade.......every day.

Prior to the start of the 2017 season he made 5 trades between cut down day and the Saturday before the first game.

Don't be surprised if Dez Bryant gets a call and shows up for a tryout of the Patriots wide receivers look Ochocinco II.

Don't be surprised if the Patriots hold the Texans under 16 points. The 2018 Patriots front seven is most vicious and fast that they're had since the days of McGinest, Seymour and Wilfork.

Don't be surprised if Brady gets injured. This year's offensive has been okay in the preseason, but it hadn't been tested once the competition gets cranked up.

Don't be surprised if the Patriots drop to 9-7 this year. Belichick went against the grain in the Super Bowl and may have cost the Patriots the Trophy by sitting Butler. He traded away the only downfield threat that Brady had and refused to Brady's play of security blanket. Is BB coaching his way out of Foxboro?

Brady certainly doesn't have much of an arsenal to work with and BB certainly doesn't appear to willing to give him anything. Is BB punishing TB for not being at voluntary workouts this year? Don't be surprised if Bob Kraft steps in if the Pats passing game starts to suck.

Don't be surprised if Johnathan Kraft starts to take over more of the team's daily operations. Dad may own the team, but JK has been much more involved over the apst few years with the owners. Now may be his time to take over the team.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't be surprised if the Patriots field a top 5 offense AND defense.

Don't be surprised if the Patriots go 12 and 4, have home field advantage throughout the playoffs, and get back to the Super Bowl.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone think BlackFrancis may have passed from cardiac episodes whilst shitting a watermelon?

MikeMed

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,090.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way the PATS go 9-7 is if Brady gets hurt....Their division is still very weak.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Letting Amendola is definitely something that I can see coming back to bite them in the ass. The idea that BB did it with the intention of screwing Brady over is absurdity of the highest order.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
absurdity of the highest order.

Shoeshine, I realize that you sit Belichick next to God himself and that Jesus is required to wash his feet in your world, but........................

He actually discussed trading Brady to the 49ers, but Kraft said "NO". So he has a trantrum and trades him to the 49ers for a second round pick and never talked to another team about getting more.

He blatantly did not play Malcolm Butler in the Super Bowl for whatever reason. He instead played Johnathan Jones and Jordan Richards who couldn't stop a two year old in a playpen.

He trades the only wide receiver who could take pressure of the middle and stretch the field.

He allows they player who scored 90% of all touchdowns and extra points in the plays in 2016 qnd 1027 to walk away to a division rival.

He failed to resupply that same receiving group with anyone even capable of running 50 yard faster than six seconds.

You refuse to believe that the man is vindictive, His problem is now and always has been his ego. The media pronounced him above reproach for the past fifteen years and allowed him to do or say anything he wished. Now he's doing what he wants in a rebellious and infantile manner. He has done nothing to make 2018 easy. If anything he's made it much more difficult.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shoeshine, I realize that you sit Belichick next to God himself and that Jesus is required to wash his feet in your world, but........................

He actually discussed trading Brady to the 49ers, but Kraft said "NO". So he has a trantrum and trades him to the 49ers for a second round pick and never talked to another team about getting more.

He blatantly did not play Malcolm Butler in the Super Bowl for whatever reason. He instead played Johnathan Jones and Jordan Richards who couldn't stop a two year old in a playpen.

He trades the only wide receiver who could take pressure of the middle and stretch the field.

He allows they player who scored 90% of all touchdowns and extra points in the plays in 2016 qnd 1027 to walk away to a division rival.

He failed to resupply that same receiving group with anyone even capable of running 50 yard faster than six seconds.

You refuse to believe that the man is vindictive, His problem is now and always has been his ego. The media pronounced him above reproach for the past fifteen years and allowed him to do or say anything he wished. Now he's doing what he wants in a rebellious and infantile manner. He has done nothing to make 2018 easy. If anything he's made it much more difficult.
I refuse to believe he's vindictive to the point of sabotaging himself, yes.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got no quarrel with questioning BB's moves. I don't at all consider him above reproach. I just said letting Amendola go could be regrettable. I panned the signings of Britt, Matthews, and Decker on this very board. He's not infallible in any way, shape, or form, any more than the rest of us are. But the idea that any mistakes he makes are borne out of ego, or some bizarre spite-fueled desire to make his own life more difficult, is frankly stupid beyond reproach.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually what I remember reading and hearing from the 9ers was that they inquired about JG and BB said no, they then asked about TB and BB laughed and said you want me to trade the best QB of all time. That was from John Lynch.

Did you read the Pepper Johnson post the other day? Pepper made it clear in order for BB to not play Butler he had to do something real bad like Miss Curfew, Miss a meeeting, sneak a girl in the room etc. Everyone pretty much agreed Butler fucked up. DMac said the team was aware of what happened. Butler it appears lied about the whole thing. BB set a precedent and he needed to.

The team did make efforts to restock the WR group not sure where you are getting that from. And I am pretty sure Cordarelle can run 50 yards in six seconds.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cooks??? Please. He was fast, but not blazing, never caught a contested ball or gained a contested yard. He was a touch better than Brandon Lloyd.

Amendola?? Danny had great hands and was clutch in the playoffs, but could hardly make it on the field during the regular season. No way Bill, Robert or any other GM in their right mind was going to pay top dollar for a playoff only player.

Patterson and Dorsett both are faster than anyone since Moss and Stallworth.

C'mon BK...

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually what I remember reading and hearing from the 9ers was that they inquired about JG and BB said no, they then asked about TB and BB laughed and said you want me to trade the best QB of all time. That was from John Lynch.

This is what I remember.
Bill actually laughed when asked about TB12.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stand by what I said. My opinion and I got it from places other than New England and from people who don't have an axe to grind.

I do still believe that BB is totally different than he's been since 1999. My gut tells me he realizes that he does the GOAt in Brady and possibly another one in Gronk. His treatment of both reflects, in my opinion, his ego and his disdain for both of them because they would not bend to the Belichick principle of team first at any cost.

As far as Butler is concerned, BB knew he was gone after last year. If he had played him in the last quarter or better yet,no one would care known or cared about whatever Butler did. The team would know that if BB wanted, he could have sat him the entire game. Instead he put the team first and played him in the second half or at the very least the fourth quarter. The team would still respect him. The Lombardi Trophy would be in Foxboro.

Here's the perfect comparison. Your boss at your workplace is about to call each of you in to tell you how much your raise is this year. Instead he he tells you that none of you are getting a salry increase because Joe was late yesterday. No exceptions, you're all screwed. Great boss, eh?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stand by what I said. My opinion and I got it from places other than New England and from people who don't have an axe to grind.

I do still believe that BB is totally different than he's been since 1999. My gut tells me he realizes that he does the GOAt in Brady and possibly another one in Gronk. His treatment of both reflects, in my opinion, his ego and his disdain for both of them because they would not bend to the Belichick principle of team first at any cost.

As far as Butler is concerned, BB knew he was gone after last year. If he had played him in the last quarter or better yet,no one would care known or cared about whatever Butler did. The team would know that if BB wanted, he could have sat him the entire game. Instead he put the team first and played him in the second half or at the very least the fourth quarter. The team would still respect him. The Lombardi Trophy would be in Foxboro.

Here's the perfect comparison. Your boss at your workplace is about to call each of you in to tell you how much your raise is this year. Instead he he tells you that none of you are getting a salry increase because Joe was late yesterday. No exceptions, you're all screwed. Great boss, eh?

Actually that is completely asinine.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you were all told ahead of time that the pay raises were contingent on everyone being on time and he gave you the raises anyway even though Joe was late, that might make him a great guy, but not necessarily a great boss. Why would anybody bother to show up to work on time after that?