• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Don Mattingly Officially hired

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 year deal for Mattingly. Will be interesting to see how he fills his staff - brett butler, perry hill, reid cornelius, Lenny Harris and Menechino should all be retained -- the rest can go. Jennings let go as GM - Mike Hill promoted - lets see if they add someone else there and how the team shapes out.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of hate for him in LA but he's far from the worst coach ever, first Dee Gordon now Mattingly heads over to Miami, I feel like your team's going to be a lot better next year.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word is his laid back personality is often mistaken for someone that isn't a fiery guy, which Donnie Baseball is. Approaching the game as a manager in a laid back manner doesn't mean he doesn't have intensity in him - I take it as him just knowing how to act depending on the situation.

That said, I hope we can put together a team that he can lead to lots of wins early and often because I know this lousy fan base of ours will misinterpret his personality during down times and think he isn't right for the job. No knock on the guys he had on his staff with the LAD, as some of them will join him here, but he will be allowed to fill some spots on the staff on his own, and I think that will give him the chance to surround himself with guys he knows can help him in areas he is clearly aware of being weak at.

I expect a few dodgers, currently in the big leagues and in the minors, to become marlins before too soon. I am quite sure there were guys in that organization who liked him and would like to follow him here. We will take it!