• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dombrowski

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smitty, Rondon is waaaaay worse than Joel Zumaya, IMO..

He prolly can't even drink either.....

Legend has it that there's proof of life to one of the aforementioned... :suds:

regarding Rondon, I'll take the route of GVSUlaker towards Stafford in his injury years of two and how he hasn't hit his peak/prime yet and is going to break out soon, real soon.... anytime in the future near or far :pound:

dengel6

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dumbo going, going, GONE. Yes sir, he long GONE. I bet Ivy League boy is updating his resume as we speak. WTF, fire him immediately.

:agree:

Blitzville

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of miscalculations on trades and contract extensions got him fired. He dismantled the best starting pitching staff -- trading Fister for nothing in return, trading Porcello for a guy who didn't last a year, not resigning the ace Max, and giving Verlander untouchable status with a contract extension that has proven to be undeserved. Trading Price to Toronto looks suspicious now and trading Soria, who was finally the answer to your closer problems, was stupid. Al Avila also has to go because he will never trade his worthless son. Ausmus needs to be fired so we can go get Gardenhire.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of miscalculations on trades and contract extensions got him fired. He dismantled the best starting pitching staff -- trading Fister for nothing in return, trading Porcello for a guy who didn't last a year, not resigning the ace Max, and giving Verlander untouchable status with a contract extension that has proven to be undeserved. Trading Price to Toronto looks suspicious now and trading Soria, who was finally the answer to your closer problems, was stupid. Al Avila also has to go because he will never trade his worthless son. Ausmus needs to be fired so we can go get Gardenhire.

Bringing up the Porcello trade and what it landed shows your an idiot... Cespedes is gone... and in his place are two highly regarded prospects... while Porcello has the worst ERA as a qualified starter in the MLB.

Those that call for Scherzer to have been resigned at the 210 mil price tag he got would be the same ones calling it a giant mistake in a year or two... Price is a free agent in a few months.. and he got a huge haul back for the Tigers.. why would he trade Price to the Jays when he intended to go there next year.. when Price could just as easily leave.. and he would not only not have Price... but also the 3 prospects he traded for? Soria WAS GOING TO BE A FREE AGENT!!! TIGERS CAN RESIGN HIM IF THEY WANT! Gardenhire won something? What did he win?

You are a fucking idiot man... seriously... a fucking idiot.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gardenhire -- The guy who didn't win a single playoff series with the Twins after 2002. Overall 6-21 postseason record. No thanks.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ausmus will last until September, maybe until the end. My worry is that Old Man PizzaII is going to try and stick his nose into things and demand that Trammell be the next manager. Need to go outside the organization and find someone with coaching/managing experience. Gardenhire is a retread. I'd like to see someone with a bullet by his name. Tiger front office needs to call in some favors and find out who is "hot". What guys out there are on everyone's' list as potential managers? I'd like to see Bob Melvin have a shot with Detroit....but he may have peaked.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Redman or Ozzie Guillen would be my choice. Say what you want about Ozzie... but he would bring a level of energy to the Tigers that we haven't seen from a manager.

I think the biggest move this offseason outside of player acquisitions has to be finding a leader in player development that can find and develop bullpen arms. For what ever reason the Tigers farm has struggled to produce what should be the easiest position to produce. Low budget teams have no issue fielding bullpens... Teams that try to buy bullpens usually fail going that route...