• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dolphins News

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, it doesn't rule out Sewell. It just makes it less of a necessity.
I'd be surprised if it wasn't Pitts, Parsons or Chase. They could also trade back with the right offer and still end up with Parsons depending how far back they go could be Waddle or pass rusher.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WR Smith weighed in at 166 lbs. There is a chance he slides to 18. To put his weight into perspective WR Tyreek Hill is 20lbs heavier and he is one of the fastest guys in the NFL. Smith is a risk for a first round pick. NFL CBs and safeties are fast too and they will be hitting him with a big weight and size advantage. There are durability concerns. I would take the risk at 18 but not at 6. Waddle is a risk too with his ankle issue but he outweighs Smith by 20 lbs. I am thinking Pitts, Smith or Sewell or trade down from pick 6.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Fins pick Smith or Waddle at 6 or with a trade down I wont be disappointed because these guys are great at getting open in their routes. That's what the team needs. It's possible that these guys can stay healthy and have productive careers in the NFL. Smith for example, had a large volume of catches at Bama. The Fins have other talented WRs, TEs and pass catching RBs. They probably wouldn't overuse him in the offensive game plan.

I don't think the Fins trade from 3 to 6 unless they really like 3 players.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be surprised if it wasn't Pitts, Parsons or Chase. They could also trade back with the right offer and still end up with Parsons depending how far back they go could be Waddle or pass rusher.
No way Parsons is available at 18
Not likely Pitts either.
If one of them is your guy, you are in a good position to trade up a little if he falls a bit, which is likely considering all the QB's that will be picked.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not likely Pitts either.
If one of them is your guy, you are in a good position to trade up a little if he falls a bit, which is likely considering all the QB's that will be picked.
There was an interesting rumor that the Fins might trade up from pick 18. Pick 6 will be an elite talent. A trade up back into the top 10 could land the Fins another elite talent. It's a different draft strategy from what the Fins have done in recent years however the team is the youngest team in the league. I think they can afford to go with quality over quantity in this draft if they choose. The team doesn't have as many needs as in previous years.

If the Fins keep their picks and don't trade that's OK also. Grier and the guys have a confidence in where they are at in this draft. There will be good players available at positions of need.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not likely Pitts either.
I was referring to trading back a bit from 6 if they don't like what's left and still possibly snagging Parsons or Waddle. One would still be available around 9.

With 18 they could trade up or down from there too. Depending on what they want. All kinds of options. It will be fun. The dream would be Pitts, Chase or Parsons with the first pick. Second pick I'd go pass rusher or LB. RB and oline in round two.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It all depends on how the early picks go. You'll certainly have good options for impact players. (envy!)

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chase/Pitts at 6, then Paye at 18 is my ideal scenario.
I'd add Parsons to the list at 6 as he could make that D unbelievable. All of a sudden the LBers are better and help the pass rush plus coverage. At 18 they can pick or move back and still end up with a good player so I can't see how they lose here.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Fins have traded OG Flowers back to WFT.
Hunt will be moving from RT to OG.
It's possible that the Fins could be planning to pick Sewell if he's available. He could play RT and protect Tua's blindside and help the running game.
DJ Fluker was added to the roster this offseason.
The Fins plans for the oline will become clearer as the draft unfolds.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Fins have traded OG Flowers back to WFT.
Hunt will be moving from RT to OG.
It's possible that the Fins could be planning to pick Sewell if he's available. He could play RT and protect Tua's blindside and help the running game.
DJ Fluker was added to the roster this offseason.
The Fins plans for the oline will become clearer as the draft unfolds.
I think that it's all wide open as they also have Davis and Deiter. They will probably draft at least one oline but possibly not in the first round. Depends how it shakes out. There is even talk that they trade back to Denver or even Chicago or Wash and then use some picks to trade up using 18. Will be a wild ride.

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we carry 9 OL

You got the projected starting 5 + Davis as ostensibly roster locks. That leaves 3 spots to fight for. So maybe we try to draft a potential starter C and 1 quality versatile depth guy in the mid rounds to fight it out with Pankey, Deiter and whomever else. If our quality depth guy shows out really well, then Davis gets the ax.

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting rid of Flowers and replacing with Fluker saves us 2M. I think they just took the opportunity to cast off the guy they don’t believe in because they don’t want to waste a roster spot on that type of player if they can avoid it.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we carry 9 OL

You got the projected starting 5 + Davis as ostensibly roster locks. That leaves 3 spots to fight for. So maybe we try to draft a potential starter C and 1 quality versatile depth guy in the mid rounds to fight it out with Pankey, Deiter and whomever else. If our quality depth guy shows out really well, then Davis gets the ax.

72. Josh Myers, G/C, Ohio State (6-5, 312 pounds)

Myers has a nice combination of strength and quickness to be a well-rounded blocker anchoring the middle.
I don't think Josh makes it out of the 2nd round.....

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3