• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dolphins 2018 Schedule

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 8 is against AFCN same -ranked team. (currently Cincinnati)
Week 9 is against AFCW same-ranked team. (currently Oakland)
If / when rankings change, the opponent will change for either of these 2 games.

WK DATE OPPONENT TIME(ET)
1 Sun, Sep 10 Tampa Bay 1:00 PM
2 Sun, Sep 17 at Los Angeles 4:05 PM
3 Sun, Sep 24 at NY Jets 1:00 PM
4 Sun, Oct 1 New Orleans 9:30 AM
5 Sun, Oct 8 Tennessee 1:00 PM
6 Sun, Oct 15 at Atlanta 1:00 PM
7 Sun, Oct 22 NY Jets 1:00 PM
8 Thu, Oct 26 at Cincinnati* 8:25 PM
9 Sun, Nov 5 Oakland* 8:30 PM
10 Mon, Nov 13 at Carolina 8:30 PM
11 BYE
12 Sun, Nov 26 at New England 1:00 PM
13 Sun, Dec 3 Denver 1:00 PM
14 Mon, Dec 11 New England 8:30 PM
15 Sun, Dec 17 at Buffalo 1:00 PM
16 Sun, Dec 24 at Kansas City 1:00 PM
17 Sun, Dec 31 Buffalo 1:00 PM

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vegas is ranking the Patriots (and Texans) opponents as the weakest in the NFL - by win totals.
Patriots face 8 bottom-10 opponents this year. While the Dolphins basically have the same schedule as NE, they play NE twice pushing their opponents ranking higher. Miami's facing 6 bottom - 10 opponents......

2018 Strength of Schedule per Vegas Odds

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vegas is ranking the Patriots (and Texans) opponents as the weakest in the NFL - by win totals.
Patriots face 8 bottom-10 opponents this year. While the Dolphins basically have the same schedule as NE, they play NE twice pushing their opponents ranking higher. Miami's facing 6 bottom - 10 opponents......

The way I view it is winners don't make excuses. The Fins need to become a difficult matchup for other teams like the Pats do every year.

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's what's wrong with the betting system. Vegas always gets it wrong. Watch the Patriots win 11+ games again this season and laugh all the way to the Super Bowl.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate the whole concept of the "Strength of Schedule" talk, especially in pro sports - in college sports/football it makes some sense because its factored into actually determining stuff -- In pro sports its basically just something to debate.

I say it every season, its silly to get caught up in the schedule especially in the NFL where you can basically figure out the following seasons schedule once the current is over because they actually follow a formula beyond division opponents.

Lets not get caught up in this silly stuff - the schedule is what it its. At the end of the day the games are decided on the field regardless of what is on paper.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 8 is against AFCN same -ranked team. (currently Cincinnati)
Week 9 is against AFCW same-ranked team. (currently Oakland)
If / when rankings change, the opponent will change for either of these 2 games.

WK DATE OPPONENT TIME(ET)
1 Sun, Sep 10 Tampa Bay 1:00 PM
2 Sun, Sep 17 at Los Angeles 4:05 PM
3 Sun, Sep 24 at NY Jets 1:00 PM
4 Sun, Oct 1 New Orleans 9:30 AM
5 Sun, Oct 8 Tennessee 1:00 PM
6 Sun, Oct 15 at Atlanta 1:00 PM
7 Sun, Oct 22 NY Jets 1:00 PM
8 Thu, Oct 26 at Cincinnati* 8:25 PM
9 Sun, Nov 5 Oakland* 8:30 PM
10 Mon, Nov 13 at Carolina 8:30 PM
11 BYE
12 Sun, Nov 26 at New England 1:00 PM
13 Sun, Dec 3 Denver 1:00 PM
14 Mon, Dec 11 New England 8:30 PM
15 Sun, Dec 17 at Buffalo 1:00 PM
16 Sun, Dec 24 at Kansas City 1:00 PM
17 Sun, Dec 31 Buffalo 1:00 PM

This is not fins 2018 schedule

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sept. 9: vs. Titans, 1 p.m.; FOX

Sept. 16: at N.Y. Jets, 1 p.m.; CBS

Sept. 23:
vs. Raiders, 1 p.m.; CBS

Sept. 30: at Patriots, 1 p.m.; CBS

Oct. 7: at Bengals, 1 p.m.; CBS

Oct. 14: vs. Bears, 1 p.m.; FOX

Oct. 21: vs. Lions, 1 p.m. FOX

Oct. 25 (Thursday): at Texans, 8:20 p.m.;FOX

Nov. 4: vs. N.Y. Jets, 1 p.m.; CBS

Nov. 11: at Packers, 1 p.m.; CBS

Nov. 18: Bye Week

Nov. 25: at Colts, 1 p.m.; CBS

Dec. 2: vs. Bills, 1 p.m.; CBS

Dec. 9: vs. Patriots, 1 p.m.; CBS

Dec. 16: at Vikings, 1 p.m.; CBS

**Dec. 23: vs. Jaguars, 1 p.m.;CBS

Dec. 30: at Bills, 1 pm.; CBS

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sept. 9: vs. Titans, 1 p.m.; FOX

Sept. 16: at N.Y. Jets, 1 p.m.; CBS

Sept. 23:
vs. Raiders, 1 p.m.; CBS

Sept. 30: at Patriots, 1 p.m.; CBS

Oct. 7: at Bengals, 1 p.m.; CBS

Oct. 14: vs. Bears, 1 p.m.; FOX

Oct. 21: vs. Lions, 1 p.m. FOX

Oct. 25 (Thursday): at Texans, 8:20 p.m.;FOX

Nov. 4: vs. N.Y. Jets, 1 p.m.; CBS

Nov. 11: at Packers, 1 p.m.; CBS

Nov. 18: Bye Week

Nov. 25: at Colts, 1 p.m.; CBS

Dec. 2: vs. Bills, 1 p.m.; CBS

Dec. 9: vs. Patriots, 1 p.m.; CBS

Dec. 16: at Vikings, 1 p.m.; CBS

**Dec. 23: vs. Jaguars, 1 p.m.;CBS

Dec. 30: at Bills, 1 pm.; CBS

What are asterisks for on 12-23 game????

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read this on another site take it with a grain of salt but there are some good points especially the Thursday night game disparity compared to NE. You can easily see the disparity. It pisses me off...thoughts?

Each year I analyze the way the NFL schedules games. Now that we’ve had a month since the schedule’s release, it’s time to take a look at how it affects the Dolphins.

NFLHMMI2_262.jpg

First of all, let’s look at some of the annual, repeated unfair advantages that some teams have. For example, we all know that Detroit and Dallas will get home games on Thanksgiving. You may not think it’s a big deal, but it is. Those teams are able to plan their logistics well in advance of other teams. They know it’s a short week to begin with, and having a home game during the short week is a precious advantage.

Some teams are forced to play in foreign countries, either in Mexico, Canada, or even Europe. Those teams (and this has certainly screwed the Dolphins a few times) lose a valuable home game. They get 7 home games while everyone else gets 8. Some of my readers have claimed that there’s not a big difference, but that is wrong. It’s a HUGE difference.

Teams struggle all year long to not only make the playoffs, but to fight for home field advantage as well. In the 1970s, it didn’t matter. Home games were assigned by rotation. That is why the Undefeated Dolphins had to travel for an away game in the 1972 AFC Championship. Home games are a gigantic advantage, and the NFL should not require a team to give them up, just because Roger Goodell wants to spread the game to a bunch of soccer hooligans in London. The NFL is a multi-multi-BILLION-dollar conglomerate. They don’t need to force themselves overseas.

In addition to Thanksgiving, every team is required to play a Thursday Night game. This is ridiculous to begin with. Football is not a game you can play adequately on 3 days’ rest. For the road team, it’s even harder. You lose a day having to travel. No practice, no rehab, just travel. And if you still insist on making the guys play on Thursday, at least mix it up instead of giving the same old teams a Thursday home game each year.

The NFL can make this more fair by simply rotating the TNF schedules.

For example, if the Dolphins played on the road for their TNF game, then the next year, their TNF game should be home. Let it rotate back and forth. But instead, the Dolphins have to go on the road for a TNF game for their FOURTH YEAR IN A ROW this season. 4 years of a short week and 4 years having to travel.

Let’s compare the fairness of that compared to another team. Let’s choose the Patriots for the sake of argument. In the entirety of TNF since the 2000s, the Patriots have played a grand total of 2 away games. Two. TWO!

The Pats have played 9 times on TNF and only 2 road appearances were scattered in there. Meanwhile, the Dolphins are forced to play FOUR away games in the last FOUR years.

Patriots: 1 away game in the last 4 years.
Dolphins: 4 away games in the last 4 years.

Parity? Fairness?

Let’s continue another unfair trend that I analyze each year: How the home/away games are bunched.

Let’s assume that ending the season on the road is a bonus. Typically, playoff scenarios come down to Week 17, and being home is a tremendous advantage.

Let’s also say that a home game on opening day is a big advantage too. The crowd is pumped and the players are ready.

So you would think that the NFL makes it fair. They could easily dictate that all the home teams in Week One have to be on the road for Week 17. And vice versa.

This comes into play for the Dolphins. We open at home, so it’s only fair we close on the road. Fair for everyone, right?

Uhhhh, guess where New England opens? And guess where they close? You don’t have to go look at their schedule. Trust me. Don’t look.

The Dolphins have a valuable period this upcoming season where they get two home games in a row. It’s important to have a homestand without having to worry about travel. Winning streaks typically start with and are continued through home games.

The Patriots get a 3-game homestand. The Dolphins only get a 2-game homestand.

16 different teams play at home in Week 17, and most of them are on the road the week before in Week 16. This makes sense. You cannot make it too easy for teams in December by allowing not just one, but TWO home games to end the season. Only 4 out of 32 teams are given a two-game homestand to end the season. New England is one. Any surprises?

A three-game homestand in the middle of the season AND a two-game homestand to end the season?

We’re not making this stuff up. These are just the little inconsistencies you find when analyzing the NFL Schedule.

It’s so easy to correct. If one team gets a 3-game homestand, then all teams should. And no team should be able to play its final TWO games at home.

I doubt very much if the NFL looks into these unfair inconsistencies as much as I do. It’s part of the pain of being a Dolphins fan: the feeling of being walked on every year when the schedule comes out.

There’s not much that we fans can do, but I do propose that our owner, Stephen Ross, can do something.

He can at least mention it. He can at least notice it. Surely someone on his staff can point out to him that we’ve done TNF four years in a row on the road.

There are rules committees and competition committees within the NFL. How many times do you think Mr. Ross has brought up my simple solution?: If you play on TNF one year at home, then the next year you go on the road.

He can also propose a simple fix that says a team cannot both open and close at home.

He can do a lot of this, but he’s just too disinterested to care.

This is the owner who willingly gives up valuable home games so that the Dolphins can play in Europe instead. He doesn’t value the importance of how the schedule can help or hurt the Dolphins.

When it’s time to go to bat for anti-bullying causes or for the University of Michigan, Mr. Ross is at the forefront. But when it’s time face up to the NFL and stand up for the Miami Dolphins, we hear crickets.

10103-1.jpg

The NFL can also implement some rules that the NBA features, specifically, about tanking a game and losing on purpose. That is what Adam Gase did last season in Week 17, when he put his inexperienced, unqualified, and unaccomplished buddy David Fales into the Bills game.

We faced a fierce, hated division rival, and we had a real chance to knock them right out of the playoffs. Instead, Gase let the scrubs play. David Fales throwing to newcomer journeyman AJ Derby. Just what thousands of Dolfans were hoping for in an important division game!

Did Mr. Ross chastise Gase? Fire him? Even notice that Gase handed the game away faster than he handed away Pro Bowler Jay Ajayi?

When the owner and the coach don’t even try to play for pride and beat a division foe, do you think they even scare about scheduling woes?

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a lot of valid points in the article. That said, the Fins have to be able to overcome adversity to become a winning franchise.

I expect that the Fins will have less adversity than last year. The hurricane schedule change, extra travel, no bye week, London game. Those things should be different.

I think the Fins should focus on the week at hand. After preseason the Fins will be facing the Titans. That is a team with a good oline and a good running game. The Fins need to be getting ready for that.

Perhaps, the Fins could advocate for themselves better in some ways for next year but the schedule is already set & the focus should be one win at a time. The Fins were able to get a home game to start the season and the bye week is on week 8 which isn't too early in the season as the Fins have had to deal with in the past. So the schedule isn't all bad news.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a lot of valid points in the article. That said, the Fins have to be able to overcome adversity to become a winning franchise.

I expect that the Fins will have less adversity than last year. The hurricane schedule change, extra travel, no bye week, London game. Those things should be different.

I think the Fins should focus on the week at hand. After preseason the Fins will be facing the Titans. That is a team with a good oline and a good running game. The Fins need to be getting ready for that.

Perhaps, the Fins could advocate for themselves better in some ways for next year but the schedule is already set & the focus should be one win at a time. The Fins were able to get a home game to start the season and the bye week is on week 8 which isn't too early in the season as the Fins have had to deal with in the past. So the schedule isn't all bad news.
Agreed but why do the patsies get every advantage every year? Why have they had 7 of 9 Thursday home games? Shouldn't this be even for every team to get a fair shake? Seems that because of the fines and penalties the league has softened the schedule to pay the patsies back. Sickening...

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts again on the schedule -- I think the NFL has the best scheduling process in all sports because it follows a particular formula on a yearly basis beyond the divisional schedule.

There is virtually no mystery from one season to the next as to what your schedule will look like -- all you have to do is look at the final standings to figure out who your opponents will be the following season - the only mystery involved with the NFL schedule is date and time of each game.

So, I don't think there are no real advantages or disadvantages in the NFL schedule -- which is way I think the concept of strength of schedule is so silly within the sport -- it goes out the window once teams get on the field and the game gets underway.

Some obvious roster holes have been an issue for the Fins the last few seasons - especially under Gase but the biggest problem has been injuries -- As long as the team stays fairly healthy - the schedule will be beyond irrelevant.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts again on the schedule -- I think the NFL has the best scheduling process in all sports because it follows a particular formula on a yearly basis beyond the divisional schedule.

There is virtually no mystery from one season to the next as to what your schedule will look like -- all you have to do is look at the final standings to figure out who your opponents will be the following season - the only mystery involved with the NFL schedule is date and time of each game.

So, I don't think there are no real advantages or disadvantages in the NFL schedule -- which is way I think the concept of strength of schedule is so silly within the sport -- it goes out the window once teams get on the field and the game gets underway.

Some obvious roster holes have been an issue for the Fins the last few seasons - especially under Gase but the biggest problem has been injuries -- As long as the team stays fairly healthy - the schedule will be beyond irrelevant.
I hear you Paolo but it's a fact that Thursday night road teams are at a disadvantage and the Fins have played more than the patsies as an example. That extra win / loss can make the difference of playoffs or home field in the playoffs. That is not a fair shake when making the schedule. I can live with not opening or closing at home but Thursday night is big...

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear you Paolo but it's a fact that Thursday night road teams are at a disadvantage and the Fins have played more than the patsies as an example. That extra win / loss can make the difference of playoffs or home field in the playoffs. That is not a fair shake when making the schedule. I can live with not opening or closing at home but Thursday night is big...

I still see little relevance in it. I just don't see it as the issue people want to make it out to be -- And, I think it carry even less weight when it comes from fans of teams who have been bad in recent time like our fins -- It just sounds like a lot of bitching and moaning.

That being said -- in my previous post I mentioned how the NFL does their schedule based on a formula -- maybe they need to add another variable into the mix that determines which days of the week a particulars teams game is played -- instead of how they currently do it which is just based upon which is the most attractive matchup -- Maybe this way they can establish some more balance in scheduling.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still see little relevance in it. I just don't see it as the issue people want to make it out to be -- And, I think it carry even less weight when it comes from fans of teams who have been bad in recent time like our fins -- It just sounds like a lot of bitching and moaning.

That being said -- in my previous post I mentioned how the NFL does their schedule based on a formula -- maybe they need to add another variable into the mix that determines which days of the week a particulars teams game is played -- instead of how they currently do it which is just based upon which is the most attractive matchup -- Maybe this way they can establish some more balance in scheduling.
Yes I'm bitching but not moaning. If two equal teams are separated every season because one gets a Thursday night home game and wins it while the other loses a Thursday night road game it definitely is a valid point. Fact is Thursday night home teams win more often than the visitor on a regular Sunday. The short week and travel make it tough. It's not hard to swap teams to home then away every other year on Thursday night but they would rather continue to suck up to kraft...

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I'm bitching but not moaning. If two equal teams are separated every season because one gets a Thursday night home game and wins it while the other loses a Thursday night road game it definitely is a valid point. Fact is Thursday night home teams win more often than the visitor on a regular Sunday. The short week and travel make it tough. It's not hard to swap teams to home then away every other year on Thursday night but they would rather continue to suck up to kraft...

Ok, fine -- no moaning