• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Does this change your opinion of Kawhi?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny when people that aren't NBA fans go outta their way to leave a comment in an NBA thread. Take your bitching about the league to a different thread.

lol

No.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just what I expected from a meeeechegan fan. Leaving a comment in an NBA thread when you're not a fan. You guys for the most part ain't that smart.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I say that with the caveat assuming that his load management treatment wasn’t an issue with LeBron, AD and the rest of the team. For all we know the LM treatment he got was a bigger issue for the Clips than we’ve been led to believe. LM in and of itself is a potential chemistry killler on a team.

Good point that I haven't really heard mentioned as far as a potential part of their chemistry issue.

The Clippers gave Kawhi a ton of leeway as far as how many games he played, how many practices he participated in, etc. The chemistry the Clippers had last year was built on them being a bunch of "dawgs" that no one respected and who showed up with a chip on their shoulder every single game.

They won most of the games they did because they were just plain mean. lol

They may not have been as cool with the different rules as they let on.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just the response I was expecting. But I expect nothing less from a meeeechegan fan. You guys for the most part ain't that smart.

Fantastic. And inbred Ohio Buckeye fans are hopelessly distracted with MI fan. You’ve proved your point.

But this is the NBA forum. So let’s try to stay on topic.

Kawhi = Overrated.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fantastic. And inbred Ohio Buckeye fans are hopelessly distracted with MI fan. You’ve proved your point.

But this is the NBA forum. So let’s try to stay on topic.

Kawhi = Overrated.

Kawhi's one of three player to win Finals MVP with two teams. Calling him overrated just shows how ignorant you are. Now run along to the PF where you belong lil boy.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. He would’ve been better off with the Lakers with a caveat that I’ll explain later. Until this year, Kawhi was never the top dog on his teams, especially the championship teams. When he won in San Antonio it was still Tim Duncan’s and Tony Parker’s team. In Toronto, he was the best player, but Kyle Lowry was/is the heart and soul and the leader of that team. He would’ve thrived in LA with LeBron and AD, as he would not have carried the burden of being the main man. All he would’ve had to do is produce in the same style that he’s always produced while unencumbered with the target over his head that has defined LeBron’s career. And I say that with the caveat assuming that his load management treatment wasn’t an issue with LeBron, AD and the rest of the team. For all we know the LM treatment he got was a bigger issue for the Clips than we’ve been led to believe. LM in and of itself is a potential chemistry killler on a team.

I see you just signed up have you been on here before? Welcome if not

ATC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, Vegas had the Lakers as the title favorite. But yeah, the vast majority of the tv folks, sportswriters, etc. had the Clippers beating the Lakers in the WCF and winning the title.

Prior to that, if the Lkaers had lost in the 1st or 2nd round, the lions share of that blame would have fallen on Lebron.

But now that the Clippers are gone, the title expectations are on Lebron and the Lakers.
There’s no doubt the Lakers are heavily favored to win it all now given that there is no WCF rendezvous with the Clippers. While it would be foolish to sleep on Denver, the Lakers should take that series in 5. Denver is solid, but they’ve never been in this deep. In addition to the Lakers’ top line talent, there’s too much championship experience there. LeBron, Danny Green, JaVale McGee, Rajon, and J. R. Smith. Playing the LeBron and AD led Lakers is a far cry from the Donovan Mitchell, Rudy Gobert led Jazz or the Kawhi Leonard, Paul George led Clippers. In addition, there is no Mike High oxygen home advantage, and lastly, there is the legendary mystique of the Lakers. Again, Lakers in 5.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any team that is depending on Kawhi to be their leader is in trouble chemistry wise . Its just not his forte and never will be. Its why the fit never made sense to me. For a low key guy he picked the only spot where he was going to be the face of the team.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any team that is depending on Kawhi to be their leader is in trouble chemistry wise . Its just not his forte and never will be. Its why the fit never made sense to me. For a low key guy he picked the only spot where he was going to be the face of the team.

he'd still be the face on Toronto. At least in LA he's sharing the spotlight with Lebron.

But yea I am inclined to agree he should've went to the Lake Show but I don't think he was attracted to teaming up with Lebron.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the welcome. I just signed up today. I never heard of it before an old friend told me about it. I like it.

Theres a solid group on the NBA board here. It stays pretty active during the season

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kawhi's one of three player to win Finals MVP with two teams. Calling him overrated just shows how ignorant you are. Now run along to the PF where you belong lil boy.

Not impressed. That award didn’t help his overall performance in this series and in game 7, you old pussy fart.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he'd still be the face on Toronto. At least in LA he's sharing the spotlight with Lebron.

But yea I am inclined to agree he should've went to the Lake Show but I don't think he was attracted to teaming up with Lebron.
I still think Lowry is the lead dog in Toronto even with Kawhi and there obviously wouldn't have been any pressure as they already won a title. Clips were the only choice where he was the undisputed head of the team and also the spot with the most pressure given the history. Just an odd choice given his " i want to stay out of the spotlight " claims

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least you root for the right NBA team

No Way Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers took a completely different approach. While Kawhi was load managing and skipping practice...Lebron was at every practice and played in every game. Remember when folks (myself included) were questioning whether or not he could do that and still be rested for the playoffs?

Kawhi bought into the load management thing and it appeared to work, so he and the Clippers went all in on it. It looks like it may not have been the right approach. At least not as much as they did it.

That's exactly right. I've criticized Kawhi for his "load management" for years now, and rightly so.

I just don't understand how you can load manage most of the season, then have 4 months off and finally complain about being tired in the 4th quarter of game 7.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't turned on any of the circus media for like First Take or whatever that show Skip Bayless is on, but I wanted to get a gauge around here.

Has your view of Kawhi Leonard as a premier talent in this league been altered due to this loss? I mean realistically blowing a 3-1 lead is not new obviously, but does his overall performance in this series and in game 7 in particular alter his standing in the league?

I mean universally he's considered a top 5 player. His credentials to date are impeccable. This is probably on paper is one of, if not the most talented team he's ever had.

Thoughts?
I'd happily take him on the Warriors. he's only slightly over-rated

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didnt score or play defense on the other end.. They have to do both to win. Lou Williams didnt step up to the plate either. The other two big scorers got their shots, but none of them played adequate defense

He didn’t score.

Kawhi most definitely played defense and played it well. Saw zero sign of Kawhi mailing it in in terms of his effort.

He just had a horrible shooting game (half really)

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not impressed. That award didn’t help his overall performance in this series and in game 7, you old pussy fart.

You truly are one dumb SOB.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He just had a horrible shooting game (half really)

I just don't know why he didn't play to his strengths and go to his mid-range game? He was clanking up terrible 3 point attempts when the game was still within reach.

Not just Kawhi either - the whole team was making terrible 3 point attempts