• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Does this “Deal” Hit B1G & PAC 12?

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stand corrected. I think it was because Nebraska had a lot of nationally televised games that they were one of the few teams to recruit big nationally because of their exposure back when only a couple games were shown a week?

There are timeless coaches for every program.

Bob Devaney is/was ours. He could talk the socks off a homeless person to give to charity.

He changed our program forever and brought in some bum that couldn't make the Redskins roster as a potential store clerk.

Our Godfather is our Godfather. While many outside of Nebraska see Osborne as our gospel, it took a battle tested former Wyomong choach to take the chance on the wonderkiind back in the day.

And it will always be Devaney that won our 1st and 2nd in back-to-back sesasons

Hang_On_Sloopy08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are timeless coaches for every program.

Bob Devaney is/was ours. He could talk the socks off a homeless person to give to charity.

He changed our program forever and brought in some bum that couldn't make the Redskins roster as a potential store clerk.

Our Godfather is our Godfather. While many outside of Nebraska see Osborne as our gospel, it took a battle tested former Wyomong choach to take the chance on the wonderkiind back in the day.

And it will always be Devaney that won our 1st and 2nd in back-to-back sesasons
And I would’ve never known that. When I think Nebraska I think Osbourne. But I’m only 35 years old.

tony34

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska's biggest problem is that they no longer have the ability to compete for national championships yet their fanbase still expects them to. From a pure athletic standpoint they never should have left the Big 12. They no longer play Texas schools since they aren't in the Big 12 and aren't going to get the same kind of attention from Texas recruits as they did when they were playing Oklahoma and the Texas schools. And sorry but Nebraska will never compete with Ohio St, Michigan, and Penn St. in terms of recruiting. If Nebraska has two more average to poor seasons they will fire yet another coach and they will be at square one again.

This whole problem started for Nebraska when they fired Frank Solich. They were coming off of a 9-3 season yet they fired Solich because they got beat badly by K-State in '03 (something their fanbase couldn't accept because they aren't supposed to lose badly to teams like K-State). And ever since then they consistently fire coaches just because they can't turn them into national contenders like the Nebraska coaches could when they had unlimited scholarships to give out.

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Pac 12 has a good team, and I think it's USC if it's anyone, it will become apparent. There will be an undefeated Pac 12 team this season. Probably USC, maybe Oregon or ASU, depending largely on QB and OL play.

DeafOranguntan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,105.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Pac 12 has a good team, and I think it's USC if it's anyone, it will become apparent. There will be an undefeated Pac 12 team this season. Probably USC, maybe Oregon or ASU, depending largely on QB and OL play.

I hope so. I'd love a fresh face or two in the playoffs. There is no team in the country I'd rather Clemson play in the first round of the playoffs than USC. They haven't played in over 50 years. Oregon could be cool too.

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope so. I'd love a fresh face or two in the playoffs. There is no team in the country I'd rather Clemson play in the first round of the playoffs than USC. They haven't played in over 50 years. Oregon could be cool too.
I have a suspicion that USC will be terrifyingly good this year. I hope not. I love a bad USC. But I think their offense will be LSU last year good.

Collegefbfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska's biggest problem is that they no longer have the ability to compete for national championships yet their fanbase still expects them to. From a pure athletic standpoint they never should have left the Big 12. They no longer play Texas schools since they aren't in the Big 12 and aren't going to get the same kind of attention from Texas recruits as they did when they were playing Oklahoma and the Texas schools.

This whole problem started for Nebraska when they fired Frank Solich. They were coming off of a 9-3 season yet they fired Solich.
Yup. What this guy said right here. Been saying this for years @tony34

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We'll see. Texas and Oklahoma not looking good definitely helps, but the PAC will still be a bit of a longshot to get into the CFP, imo.

I think the PAC champ will have to be unbeaten and dominate it's schedule. Even then, I think that every other SEC team with the exception of it's conference champ, would have to have 2 losses before they take the PAC champion as I think the number of games played will be considered.

If a PAC team is going to get in over a 1 loss SEC runner-up, it would likely be USC based on name recognition.

But I think we'd have to won pretty much every game by at least 10, which given the PAC's history, doesn't seem likely. For both USC and Oregon, if one does go unbeaten, it's likely that some team that they were supposed to beat by 20 will pull a near upset and hurt their chances.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The B1G and PAC 12 should never have postponed their season. The SEC did the right thing by keeping its schedule intact.