• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Does this “Deal” Hit B1G & PAC 12?

Collegefbfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like these great teams are having some tough times with semi inferior opponents. Not calling any teams out, but with the highly touted players, Oklahoma has two losses, Texas does. Alabama might drop this one tonight. When B1G and PAC 12 start playing y’all see this happening?

MaximumSam

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With no parsies to warm up with, anything is on the table. Feels like defenses really struggling more with COVID

Hang_On_Sloopy08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone knows the polls are inflated with two P5 conferences not playing. Think this was to be expected.

Collegefbfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not any faith in polls this season. But what will CFP members look at with PAC playing barely a month of football

Hang_On_Sloopy08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not any faith in polls this season. But what will CFP members look at with PAC playing barely a month of football
Would need to have a hands down dominant looking team and a weak B1G. Big 12 has already played their way out.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most teams haven't been able to practice full pads, much less full contact.

You can't walk through that kind of shit that is vital to playing football. It is THE most physical sport on the planet contested among more than 2 people.

I know my Huskers have been padding up. We'll still probably get our asses kicked, but it does make a huge difference.

MaximumSam

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knows, but it's worth noting that a lot of teams playing look like butt. If a PAC team can not look like butt, it would go a long way.

Hang_On_Sloopy08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most teams haven't been able to practice full pads, much less full contact.

You can't walk through that kind of shit that is vital to playing football. It is THE most physical sport on the planet contested among more than 2 people.

I know my Huskers have been padding up. We'll still probably get our asses kicked, but it does make a huge difference.
Nebraska has to figure out a way how to recruit nationally for any future long term success. What that selling point is combined with the right coach it will happen. But if and when remains to be seen. I hope you guys get it back together, we love the football pedigree.

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I think they should just acknowledge the realities of the situation, and what's been thrust on the teams/conferences. Run a special CFP this year with eight teams. P5 Conference champs in and 3 wild-cards.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska has to figure out a way how to recruit nationally for any future long term success. What that selling point is combined with the right coach it will happen. But if and when remains to be seen. I hope you guys get it back together, we love the football pedigree.

Appreciate the affection, but we recruit well.

Supposedly the best in our division since we entered the league.

Our biggest problem is identity within the coaching and players we actually have.

And to be honest, our biggest problem since the early 2000's is having dudes that are really really fast. We simply lack speed. There is no defense for speed in bunches, and we have none.

Hang_On_Sloopy08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Appreciate the affection, but we recruit well.

Supposedly the best in our division since we entered the league.

Our biggest problem is identity within the coaching and players we actually have.

And to be honest, our biggest problem since the early 2000's is having dudes that are really really fast. We simply lack speed. There is no defense for speed in bunches, and we have none.
Speed comes from recruiting nationally though. No? You’re able to poach the best of the best and the best all have speed at their position. Respectfully Nebraska has a talent gap issue they’ve got to correct. To “maybe” being best in your division I know is nowhere near the ceiling you want or expect to be.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speed comes from recruiting nationally though. No? You’re able to poach the best of the best and the best all have speed at their position. Respectfully Nebraska has a talent gap issue they’ve got to correct. To “maybe” being best in your division I know is nowhere near the ceiling you want or expect to be.

We can still recruit nationally,but that window is solidly fading.

We have to win, and start winning big. There is no other answer for our program.

Hang_On_Sloopy08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can still recruit nationally,but that window is solidly fading.

We have to win, and start winning big. There is no other answer for our program.
Maybe what I’m getting at is you’re not recruiting the top tier national talent that’s out there.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe what I’m getting at is you’re not recruiting the top tier national talent that’s out there.

We never did that back in "our day".

Name 7 great Nebraska players in the NFL over the last 20 years.

I can name 20 from Ohio State right now.

Nebraska isn't going to win recruiting numerous 4 and 5 stars. We'll win via hard ass work, great coaching and execution better than our competition.

We've done it before.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be the usual at end of season; 1 or 2 SEC, 1 ACC, B1G (OSU). If not two from SEC, then 1 from either B12 and PAC.

Hang_On_Sloopy08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We never did that back in "our day".

Name 7 great Nebraska players in the NFL over the last 20 years.

I can name 20 from Ohio State right now.

Nebraska isn't going to win recruiting numerous 4 and 5 stars. We'll win via hard ass work, great coaching and execution better than our competition.

We've done it before.

But college football recruiting has changed so much in the past 20 years since Nebraska’s powerhouse days. Back then recruiting every where was very regional.

Today’s powerhouse teams are built on amassing by far and away the most 4 and 5 star athletes. You can’t build a powerhouse or stay at the top very long with just coaching and out working people. All of these schools at the top of have world class strength and conditioning these days. You’ve got to have a factory of pulling in nfl talent. That’s something Clemson, Bama, Ohio State, Georgia and Oklahoma do hence their remarkable consistency at the top.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But college football recruiting has changed so much in the past 20 years since Nebraska’s powerhouse days. Back then recruiting every where was very regional.

Today’s powerhouse teams are built on amassing by far and away the most 4 and 5 star athletes. You can’t build a powerhouse or stay at the top very long with just coaching and out working people. All of these schools at the top of have world class strength and conditioning these days. You’ve got to have a factory of pulling in nfl talent. That’s something Clemson, Bama, Ohio State, Georgia and Oklahoma do hence their remarkable consistency at the top.

Very true.

We were one of the very true programs that recruited coast to coast back in the day. And I do mean coast to coast.

I don't think you have any clue about our roster over the years.

Hang_On_Sloopy08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very true.

We were one of the very true programs that recruited coast to coast back in the day. And I do mean coast to coast.

I don't think you have any clue about our roster over the years.
I stand corrected. I think it was because Nebraska had a lot of nationally televised games that they were one of the few teams to recruit big nationally because of their exposure back when only a couple games were shown a week?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A shitload of 3 and 4 loss teams are ranked at years end every year. Dufference this year is those teams won't get their 3 or 4 free wins before conference play starts .

The polls will be tough at years end. You'll probably see some 5-3 or 5-4 teams ranked OR some G5s at 7-2 or 8-1 who would've normally been 7-5 or 8-4 and unranked