• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Does the coach really matter?

Devs_Jets_Yanks27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
All vets on the forward lines got old real quick.

The defense is terrible.

Marty's glove hand, once his strength, is now his weakness.

Does it really matter who's behind the bench?

I was 5 rows from the ice behind the goal on Tuesday. Marty looks old. I'm not blaming him solely, but the whole team basically is just old and slow.

Keep Parise, Zajac, Kovalchuk, Tedenby, Josefsen, Clarkson

Volchenkov, Tallinder, Eckford, Corrente

Everyone else can go IMO and I won't care

Last edited by a moderator:

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep Parise, Kovalchuk, Tedenby, Josefsen, Clarkson

Volchenkov, Tallinder, Eckford, Corrente

Everyone else can go IMO and I won't care

Yes, lets get rid of the leading scorer who seems to gel no matter what line he plays on.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
are you talking about elias? o how i am counting down the days where i dont have to see him take that stupid soft wrister from the half boards with a defenseman standing 10ft in front of him at the circle....or those stupid drop passes he leaves for no one once he crosses over the blue line!

Devs_Jets_Yanks27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sorry I'm busy doing other stuff, wasn't thinking of all players off the top of my head. But you guys get my drift.

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are you talking about elias? o how i am counting down the days where i dont have to see him take that stupid soft wrister from the half boards with a defenseman standing 10ft in front of him at the circle....or those stupid drop passes he leaves for no one once he crosses over the blue line!

Well I'm counting down the years until Kovy stops getting a -.....I think yours' will end first

Sorry I'm busy doing other stuff, wasn't thinking of all players off the top of my head. But you guys get my drift.

It's cool. I had to make sure you werent like Cup and want to ignore facts put in front of you and try to say that Kovy is 100% the best player and the reasons why hes struggling is always someone else's fault and that hes such a great player its just the rest of the team thats sucks so much. I mean great players cant turn an entire team around.........so, how about that Winter Classic?

Last edited by a moderator:

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Furthermore, all date indicates that Kovalchuk is a huge liability anytime he sets foot on the ice. As long as he's scoring he can offset that, but when he's not, the Devils are better off without him even suiting up.

NJDev4

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
For all of you guys who have played on a competitive team you know the coach matters a lot. Whether you have the best players or not so good, he has to have a system that players believe in. He has to have respect as the leader of the team. And he has to be that dynamic force that gets the team up to its best when it counts, like a good Sgt with his squad in combat. The players need a good leader no matter how good they are. Mac was never that guy. The Devils have been in anarchy so far this year, and you could see the poor moral showing. Mac was a great player but thats a whole different world. Some great players have just not been able to make the transition to the boss.

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For all of you guys who have played on a competitive team you know the coach matters a lot. Whether you have the best players or not so good, he has to have a system that players believe in. He has to have respect as the leader of the team. And he has to be that dynamic force that gets the team up to its best when it counts, like a good Sgt with his squad in combat. The players need a good leader no matter how good they are. Mac was never that guy. The Devils have been in anarchy so far this year, and you could see the poor moral showing. Mac was a great player but thats a whole different world. Some great players have just not been able to make the transition to the boss.

Excellent post!

TheSgtDabbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly what I would have said. Well done.

devils30mb

King "Marty" Kong
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I tend to agree with you on this, but when you bring back a coach that had a playoff post game press conference last year and says "We practiced one thing with the power play and they go out and do something else" makes you wonder if Lemaire coming back in is really going to help. It was like he lost the players back then so what makes it different that he is going to have the respect now, since most of the core players he had last year are still here.